User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. It was the distant sounds of loud lamenting that first drew Bitter End towards the languishing buck near the river, and then she got close and wrinked her scaley brow.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Take the Watch was swirling ripples in shallow water, sighing a little sing-songy "Oh, why must I be so devastatingly virile and sweet? T'was one night, but one night is all we need. I am duty-bound to keep her well and find a blessing, but where could a Legendary beeeeee?

But I am a buck, a buck of honour, and I gave her one guarantee. If I am not to find a mare or stag, my name shall be forfeiiiiiiit!

Take the Watch. Pew!
" and he threw a skipping stone across the river. "Pew, pew!"

She could take no more, so she bit him.

"Oh my Motherfather this is embarrassing," he said, frozen with a caiman around his fluffy tail. "I'd rather not lose my tail but I shouldn't be laying about right now, I was just taking a song break."

He twitched it experimentally. The caiman did not come loose, so he opened his mouth to yell "HEEEEEELP"

"Shhh!" Bitter End said, sliding into the form of a mare with her mouth full of fur. She spat it out and hissed, "I don't know if it's because I'm a legendary I'm attracted to kin who are expecting - no matter how weird they are!"

"Cool." Take the Watch exclaimed in a harsh whisper, mouth forming a perfect 'o.' "OK, her name is Eve and she looks like a old banana." He paused, wrinkling his nose, "she's much cuter than that though. Just bless her."

Trying to keep her mysterious air, though keenly aware of the sound of hooves coming to his rescue, she continued in a low, sharp voice, "why should I?!"

"Because they're my children," He responded, eyes wide, pleading and imploring.

She knew he meant it, but not quite in the way she was hoping. As the hooves drew closer - it sounded quite like those of a heavy kiokote - she cried, "Fine! May your children not turn out as weird as you are!"

She'd splashed away just in time and floated sullenly with the current, hearing the story of how "I got bitten by a caiman and survived! I kicked and I headbutted and oh -" float by.

END