Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] A Courtship in Verses (Heritage x Keepsake)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:31 am
Summer’s heat broke subtly as autumn crept into the swamp. If he was not more suited for the frigid air of winter, he may not have noticed the relief. Then again, the coolness of his skin might have been due to a serene air that had settled over his friendship with Keepsake. It was more relaxed as summer bled into autumn. No longer did he feel himself prone to flushing hot as his tongue tripped and twisted, rather he smiled indulgent as she smiled, laughed. (And, Motherfather, how that look—that sound—strummed euphoria into his heart.)

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Heritage clamped his teeth around the stem of a cluster of purple grapes, cutting it loose from the wild plant. A boon for him, less so for the tree it seemed intent on overtaking, as he added yet another food to the feast he had spent the early morning hours collecting. As well as grapes, he had found some perfectly ripe apples—red and green—that would do, if his traveling companion was not interested in the roxes he had killed. He far preferred meat but sometimes one had to resort to vegetation. Indeed, the body of a kin seemed built to enjoy whatever food was most plentiful.

The glint of the sun over the horizon made him pause. He had left before dawn, a gentle touch of his nose to Keepsake’s cheek, and a whisper that he would return. The idea of leaving without word always twisted his stomach; he had lost his wolf family to rebirth and to lose such a connection again, he wasn’t certain he could bear it. Such dark thoughts, he chided himself, as fear continued to stick close to him like burrs in his undercoat. It was unfounded and he forced himself to focus on returning to his friend’s side. He hadn’t meant to take so long; he hoped she wasn’t worried.

Returning took, surprisingly, little time. He had mostly worked his way around their resting place in a circle, to be within distance should she call out or wish to seek him out. A point in his favor as the sun climbed halfway over the world’s edge to light the swamp and hunger woke within his stomach.

“Keepsake?” the wolf called out, soft, as he came into sight of where they had bedded down. He didn’t want to wake her if she was resting. Nor did he wish to startle her if she was by just appearing without word.

Moonstone Dazzle
outline for reference
summer - met
autumn - continuation of meeting
winter - part ways (keepsake has kids): a few posts on them missing one another
spring - reconnect

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:28 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Her meeting with Heritage had truly been a blessing from the MotherFather. It was a kinship borne of the heat of summer, where life was wild and vivid. The colors popped, and his muted coat seemed a welcome relief from the brightness of this strange new world. And now, summer passed to fall- cooler, softer. The season of death. Vaguely, Keepsake thought to her grandmother- a doe borne of winter, who had passed her frigidity to her son, and thus to her. Soon the cold brush of winter would be upon them, and truly, that was when Keepsake most came alive.

They had retreated to a cool grove. The overhanging leaves gave shelter from summer's heat, and was a private paradise compared to the sweltering heat of the swamp. When Heritage had suggested they rest, Keepsake welcome the reprieve. Her smile, tired, was soft and genuine. Gone was the awkwardness of their initial meeting- Heritage was essentially family to her now.

Opening her eyes at the call of her name, Keepsake smiled brightly at her wolfish companion, not rising from her seat. It was the comfort of their bond- she need not primp and put on airs around him.

"You're back," and there was just a hint of relief in her words, as there always was upon his return. She gestured with a nod to the spot next to her, then glanced back to her friend.

"Where have you gotten off to, so early in the day?"

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:50 pm
"Breakfast," came the response, face subtly apologetic as he noted the relief that tinged her voice. He always felt a vague sense of failure, as his ears fell back, that he seemed unable to reassure her properly. If that was his duty, he failed it time and time again. Still he said nothing; he did not wish to point out the fear and possibly humiliate her. Nor was he ready to admit his own failures.

He waltzed forward, slow in his motion, before turning to show her the array of foods that were balance precariously upon his back. Grapes, apples, roxes.

"I wasn't sure what you would feel like this morning so I found a bit of everything," he explained. He carefully pulled each item from his back--teeth clamping around stems and scruffs--to settle them before her. He always allowed her to choose first. It wasn't that he thought she couldn't gather her own food but he wanted to be useful; he needed to be useful to his soulmate.

He settled himself down before her and waited, taking in the way her hair framed her face. The fluff of fur along her chest and hooves and tail called to their ancestors though she never spoke of it; for that reason, he had yet to bring it up himself. She was a wolf, a part of him desperately hoped she was his wolf. He hoped, too, that there might be a chance to expand their pack. Ideas of pale puppies and russet rascals around them, from them, that might call him father as they called her mother. And he knew, this relationship was still newly born but still... This was a wolf, like him, and he could imagine no future without her.

"The roxes are fresh, as are the grapes and apples," he explained at the realization that he was staring and may be making her uncomfortable. The skin beneath his fur made him feel aflame and he was glad of the shade that pressed over his embarrassment. He was sure the adoration was plain as his fur, was even more sure that she deserved better and it was unlikely she had any such feeling past friendship for him. They had just met after all. Expectations were foolish at this stage. It did nothing to put out the fire in his heart.

"If you prefer fish or bird or herbs," he smiled, letting the offer hang. He should let her answer.

Moonstone Dazzle
i thought i was going to have a whole day to get to things and then life chomped on time and ate it and i want you to know that by gods i wanted to reply to this! (promptly passes out after yawning for 20 minutes)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:34 pm
"Look at you!" She laughed gently, no malice or humor in the magical sound. It was purely one of delight, shown in the crinkle of her golden eyes. Her lips formed a gentle smile as Keepsake looked over the array, puzzling out what she was in the mood for this morning. In reality, she was not a picky doe- but something in Heritage saw fit to spoil her, and she did not intend to argue over something so trivial with her companion. Not when his eyes lit up like the moon upon seeing her delight. The thought spread warmth through her chest, and Keepsake found herself unable to keep from smiling.

"Gracious, you're going to see my get spoiled and fat if you have your way. I don't think I want for a thing at all around you, Heritage," she teased, still smiling in delight at the wonders before her. The food, the comfort... and of course, Heritage himself. The strange buck she had never anticipated taking such solace in.

"You know, truly, what would make me the happiest?" Keepsake asked lightly, looking up to him with a twinkle in her eye.

"If you would please, please sit down and join me. This is lovely, all of it. I'm more than fine with what you've brought."

anemosagkelos

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:50 pm
The wolf's ears pricked forward at her laughter, blue eyes sweet with comfort as his muscles relaxed. It was so important to him that she be pleased and happy. In return, he felt his own mouth twitch into an answering smile. An echo of her own. He was only what she made of him.

He ducked his head, lids lowering over his eyes, as a flush crept up behind his neck and into his cheeks beneath the fur, "I would only dare to hope that I am able to keep you satisfied." He would spoil her, as long as she let him, and he hoped that would be for a very long time.

And then a pause as she told him what it was she wanted most. What it was that would make her happiest. Could it really be that simple, he wondered, as he felt a blush cover his body.

"I would be very glad to," he replied, making his way to his side where he sat next to her. His tail flicked in a slow wag that was quickly becoming an easy tell as to his happiness. Noticeably it seemed to do so most in her company.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games