[PRP] Just a visit (Somberly x Wither)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. For the love of--

Leg knee deep in mud, Somber gave a harsh tug as she freed herself from the sticky marsh. This hadn't been the first time today, and it probably wasn't going to be the last either. Acclimated to the swamp she called home, yes, but this was absolutely ridiculous with how the earth continued to give way. Why the hell was her sister all the way out here again?

Oh, right, because Somberly decided she would be and she wanted to take advantage of the natural barriers. Well, disgruntled huffing aside, as least she was calmer at the realization.

And usually it wouldn't be that big of a deal, except for the fact that Somber came bearing gifts. Oh yes, there was a feast fit for a clan, mouth positively full of branches and vines that were attached to the precious cargo. Already did she have to leave some behind—there wasn't anyway that Somberly would serve her sister fruit that had fallen in the dirt. These were fresh, picked right from the trees, and Somberly meant to preserve that as best she could.

The ground beneath her was starting to feel more stable. Good riddance.

"Wiffther?" mouth obviously a little too full for her voice to enunciate clearly, she looked around. Her sister should be near by—right?"

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:18 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The air smelled particularly stale today, or perhaps it was simply the tightness of her throat that made it seem so. Since early morning, since before the sun had even taken its place among the sky and began to filter down between the dense foliage, Wither had been awake. It was a hazy, confused sort of wakefulness, one that slowly gave way to the realization that her body was acting up again. Ah well, one day among many. Once the understanding took hold, she'd calmed and spent the rest of the morning trying not to mourn over the way her precious flowers smelled like dust instead of honey.

It was strangely too tiresome to nap despite the weariness she felt, and so she remained awake until a visitor saw fit to wander their way out here to her hidden home beyond the mud. Few ever did, but she didn't mind. She'd never raised a fuss over being moved all this way and likely never would. After all, it had been her sister's bidding. Her sister, her protector, life without Somberly would've ended long ago. That's what Wither believed.

"Ah, Somber..." she called back, hoping her voice would carry as she lifted her head from loamy ground. "Back here, this way, this way."

Her legs felt wobbly as she tried to stand. She'd been warned against laying around all day, it was bad for her, but standing had seemed like far too much of a chore before Somberly had arrived.

HiThereMelancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:37 pm
    Honestly, it had been a day or so since Somberly had been by, and it was something she'd be kicking herself over later. Immediately trundling over towards that soft, almost too soft voice, she was met with a frail set of wobbling legs and sunken eyes.

It probably took her a little longer than necessary to finally make her way completely over. After looking for something suitable to set the fruits down on (and failing), she finally decided it would be worth the sacrifice of a few as she gently lay the bushels down. She could eat the ones on the bottom; it'd be fine. Completely. Okay maybe she'd eat the bottom two rows—point was, Wither was getting the top layer.

"It's acting up again..." she gruffed as she—with utmost care—nosed over her sisters frame. She'd always been the weaker one since they were little, but even so... whatever afflicted her was far more ingrained than being the runt.

It was alright though. It'd always be alright so long as she was here to watch out for her.

"Have you been drinking anything? You haven't, had you. That's probably not helping." her voice, very firm, came across as scolding even when it hadn't meant to. Somber's voice had a natural, dark fierceness to it. "There's water in the fruits at least... oh, make sure you eat the ones off the top. I brought them all for you, but..." she shook her head "It's— well never mind, you know."

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:50 pm
Each and every time this happened, Wither's mind raced with happy falsehoods to try and assure Somberly that nothing was wrong. Each and every time she was unable to utter even a one of them. Lying to her sister was simply impossible. When she was met with those strong, unwavering eyes, it was as if the deceit crept so far back in her head she was unable to grab hold of it.

"It is..." she agreed, leaning the gentlest of weights against her sibling's touch. "Not as bad this time, but everything smells so dull. It's a difficult thing to explain." A small cough shuddered through her body and she went quiet.

Just as Wither was unable to lie, it was as if she need not tell the truth, either. Somberly knew, Somberly always knew. Her sister could read her like an open book.

"I haven't moved from this spot let alone went for a drink..." she wheezed out, turning her head to hide her guilty face behind the waterfall of unruly brown. Somberly's harsh voice never scared her, only made her feel sad for always worrying her gruff but ever kind guardian. With delicate steps, she moved towards the offering. "You're always too kind, Somber... They look delicious." Only then did she chance a peek from behind her hair. "Perhaps we could eat together?"

HiThereMelancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:02 pm
    Somberly pursed her lips as her sister went on. As Wither found it difficult—if not outright impossible to lie—Somber in turn took every word she spoke for truth. The world could be ending, and if Wither said so, she wouldn't take it for granted.

Maybe that was kind of dramatic. Actually it is pretty dramatic. Somberly believed in her sister, okay?

And likewise, she was never angry with her sister. Scarcely was a time when she would get a only a touch frustrated, but it was always towards the sickness, never towards the one who bared it. Wither would be right; it was mostly worry, perhaps all worry. Somber could only ever find solace when the two were together these days.

"Not kind, just doing my job." ah, but that sounded wrong, didn't it? Wither wasn't a job. "I mean, er...."

Faltering awkwardly wasn't unusual for her. She knew Wither knew this about her. They knew practically everything about one another.

"I... N-Never mind, you know. We should—Let's just do that. Eat together. Love to, Sis." she offered the tiniest of smiles then, showing an unusually bashful side as words fumbled out of her mouth in an inconsistent mess. "You'll be feeling better in no time. Promise."

saedusk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:17 pm
Though Wither never had to be reminded of her sister's kind and gentle spirit, she simply knew and always believed it so, it was nice to see the sides of her that spoke to it. It was hardly a weakness the way Somberly's voice faltered. To Wither, it was the true strength of her character. Though frail and sickly, she would stand her ground against even giants to defend her against any baseless ridicule.

Not that she ever had to. It was rare anyone found their way out here and never once had Somberly seen fit to bring visitors. Seeing her sister's behavior in the company of others was an almost unheard of occurrence.

"Of course I know, do not worry."

It was only then she leaned down to nibble at a berry, just one, waiting for her sister to join her. Ah, but so unfortunate... Like the air smelled stale and the flowers smelled like dirt, the berries that looked so absolutely delicious tasted like nothing at all. It was disappointing, and she felt bad for Somberly's trouble now more than ever, but at least the moisture felt good as wet her mouth and throat.

HiThereMelancholies

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:23 pm
    Ah, of course she knew. She always knew.

And that was a very calming notion for Somber. Few things went unspoken in their bond, and what did was testament to a silent understanding. Wither would never keep a secret from her, and neither would Somberly. Well, unless it was too dangerous, but Wither didn't have to know that.

In a second past, she too was nibbling on the bounty she had brought back, careful to nose the larger bits out for her sister to graze while she took to the slightly sullied ones underneath. They did, in all honesty, taste just like the ones on top, but she had to take care to factor out anything potentially harmless. With odds already stacked against her sister, she couldn't afford any risks. Whether it mattered or not in the long run, this at least gave her peace of mind, and she definitely needed her sanity.

"Are they okay? Do they taste okay?" she was quick to ask, tail swishing behind her. "Your hair isn't getting in the way, is it?" narrowing her eyes in what only her siblings could define as "affectionate scrutiny", she ducked her head to try and get a better look through Wither's unruly hair.

"...and no one's been through here, right?" it was a seldom asked question, but it came up easily enough. Knee deep muck surely wouldn't be a deterrent to a particularly adventurous kin, but Somberly intended to keep it as lowkey as possible. The less she had to move her sister, the better.

saedusk
I've had this like 70% written for two days

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:52 am
Taste or no, Wither kept daintily at it, swallowing another nibble, hardly looking anywhere but her food. It was difficult to admit that the gift had no flavor. It wasn't bad, of course, she would in fact label this meal a wonderful one for the relief it brought her parched throat and for the time it brought her with her sister. Still, though she knew Somberly would get her answer with time, Wither saw fit to address her last question first, as it was much simpler to be truthful.

"No one has been here that I've seen," she assured. "Not a soul but you and the birds and the tiny swamp creatures. There have been quite a few bees. You know I'm so very fond of them." After all, they cared for her flowers in her stead.

Another bite, another short hesitation, only then did she finally turn her head to look at Somber. "I'm fine, sister. My hair isn't a bother, but... I hate to admit that the berries don't taste like much more than water. They feel good on my throat, and I do need to eat, but they lack the sweetness their look betrays." Clearing her throat, she shrank. "Still I... I'm very happy to have them... and I'm glad for your visit."

HiThereMelancholies
same

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:44 pm
    Somberly wrinkled her nose.

Bees weren't... something she was especially fond of. A few nasty stings in her younger years were enough to deter her from the insects. Why, those flowers were public property! The bees had no claim! They shouldn't have stung her...! Even... if she was sticking her nose in them. Regardless it was embarrassing. For Wither to see her like that... foalhood or no, they were memories best left forgotten.

"R-Right, the bees. They're cute. I'm just glad you've been safe..."

Though in the same breath, the discontent shown on her face flashed just a shade darker at what her sister told her next. A sigh caught in her throat—only barely—but it wouldn't do for Wither to see her upset over something the neither of them could control. Wither was just so kind.

"I... see." despite her efforts, the disappointment was indeed palpable, as it shown in her furrowed brow and concerned frown. Just the mention made the berries tasteless to her too...

"It... It will pass. It always does." And just who was she convincing? Ah, it wouldn't do to have those sort of thoughts either. She nodded more firmly now. "And then I'll just have to find you more, so you can enjoy them! I, er... they're really good, I promise. I got the best—you know me..."

saedusk
caw caw

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:32 pm
That moment of hesitation hardly went unnoticed, though as she always did, Wither would stay quiet about the bees. Left to the past, but not forgotten, as sorry as she'd been for her dear sister's plight, she would likely remember forever. Even if Somberly hated the bees, Wither was never able to. One thing the sisters disagreed on, but it was a silent difference of opinion that meant next to nothing compared to the closeness of their bond.

"I've been safe thanks to you, Somber," she muttered with a soft smile. They were both disappointed, but Wither wasn't going to let it ruin the mood. They were both good for that, at least. Just like the weakness would pass, so would any dourness.

"And thanks to you I'm feeling better," she revealed, internally forcing herself to shake off the discontent and show her sister how much stronger she was already feeling. "My legs have steadied and talking has cleared my head some... Maybe we could go for a short walk after the meal?" With a soft puff of breath, she ever so gently leaned against Somberly, a bump of endearment.

"Not too much, of course... I know you'd turn us back when we needed. Just as you know, I certainly know you."

HiThereMelancholies
C A W

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out