[B] Seaglow x Watch

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 4:08 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Glowing orange eyes examined the marsh in which the Kimeti was standing. He had expected to meet someone here, but she hadn't shown. She was a somewhat new acquaintance, but a kind one. Smart, reliable, more than friendly. Seaglow furrowed his brow, wondering what may have kept the other kin.
He looked to the sky. The clouds obscured the bright orb above, but its general placement was easy enough to pick out. Yes, she was quite late indeed. They'd always met at the same time, in the same place. It had become as predictable as the seasons, he thought. The dark male sighed. Perhaps she'd grown bored of their little arrangement. What a shame. Just in case, though, he began breaking the branches from a nearby bush, piling them where he had stood. He didn't want her to think he'd abandoned her if she did decide to show.

Blinded By Silence
Thank you so much ;-;

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Watch did as he always had, even before he had been given the power of flight; he watched. He watched as the buck arrived, as the sun crawled across the sky, and as a sense of restlessness fell over the the fluorescent kin.

His glowing red eyes blinked slowly, breathing in slowly, taking in the scent of the air. He wasn't quite sure if birds could smell, or if he was different because he was both bird and kin, but to him, the picture the air created was clear. A buck waiting for a doe. She scent was stale, old. She hadn't been here today. He wondered if she'd return, like the buck hoped.

Pregnant mothers were simple enough to find; whether they were searching for him or not, their scent of fear, excitement, and life called to him like nothing else. Fathers, however... There scent was different. Mostly because, Watch thought, they didn't know. He moved for the first time in hours, lifting a large wing, preening. He was sure he would learn their smell eventually. After all, he was here.

'Careful, my son,' His voice echoed like droplets in a cave clear in the buck's mind, 'You will wear a trench in the ground pacing like that.'

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.
Not a problem darling!

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 5:48 pm

Seaglow looked about wildly at the sudden voice, but the direction it came from was unclear. It was almost as if it were... In his head? But how? He thought for a few moments as his gaze covered the marsh. Was he losing it?

Uncomfortable, the buck chose to call out. "Uh. Hello?" He continued to scan the area, looking for another kin. He completely missed the crane not far off, never thinking twice about its presence. "And... If I'm not just talking to myself, I wasn't pacing." He chuckled at the idea. Him? Impatiently walking the ground, waiting on some doe? Ha! Surely that wasn't the case...

Blinded By Silence

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 6:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.'No?' The disembodied voice called out. He spread his wings, flapping the powerful appendages slowly, gracefully. They ripped like waves of feathers as his eyes shone bright like the setting sun and then, there was no bird, only a stag, standing tall and proud where the bird had once been. The old buck grinned at the young one, "Perhaps not with your hooves, child. Your mind most definitely was."

He stepped forward, his blue markings on white shimmered and rippled with the muscles underneath, as though they were truly made of water. His mane tossed in the breeze as he lifted his head with a knowing smile, "Tell me, what is her name? The doe." He could have been completely wrong, but something told him otherwise. The smell of the doe on this buck's fur, for instance.

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 7:39 pm

The buck stared at the other in awe. He had heard of such occurrences, but had never witnessed such a thing himself. Seaglow opened his mouth to snap at the elder buck for calling him a child, but quickly shut it. His temper was ferocious, but this male had earned the right to say such things. Biting his lip, he sighed. Perhaps he had been a little impatient in waiting.

He watched the other in awe, and fumbled over his words when the question registered in his mind. "Doe? What do--" He cleared his throat. "I may have been... Waiting on someone." After a few moments, he sighed. "Her name is Frigid Vow. She was supposed to be here some time ago. I'm unsure what may have kept her, but I'm sure it was important."

Blinded By Silence

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 5:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.As the Sun Burns watched with warm, patient eyes as the buck's pride swelled a moment before he reeled himself back in. Watch's restful smile held its ground. Respect self-control; perhaps this buck was more mature than he had originally believed.

"Frigid Vow, you say? Well, with a name such as that, I am sure whatever is holding her is very important indeed." He breathed deep and slow, letting out a held breath in a quiet sigh. Important indeed, he repeated inwardly. He could smell it now; the truth was obvious now. "Quite sure, in fact." He paused for a good long while, "Life or death important, although, I am more sure about the life aspect of the ordeal. A beautiful thing, childbearing." His smile became more of a grin. This was different from what he was used to; does almost always knew they were going to be mothers.

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.

Backwoods Garbage

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 8:45 am

Something about this male helped Seaglow to feel relaxed. His kind understanding and mysterious knowledge was something to be admired.

He listened intently to the other's wise words. When they finally registered, however, the buck's throat tightened and his heartbeat quickened. He wanted to deny the male's words. To say there must have been some sort of mistake. But he had heard of these creatures before. They were never wrong. "Childbearing...?" He repeated the word in disbelief. He had certainly known of the possible outcomes of their actions, but to hear that they had come to fruition seemed surreal. He looked to the wise buck for guidance. "But what can I do? What can be done? How can I help her? And the ch--" He gulped uneasily before clearing his throat. "The children?"

Blinded By Silence

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 7:31 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The old stag simply smiled. It was a warm, knowing smile. The smile of a father of many, many generations. "You do what you must. And everything that you can." He nodded, "Be there. Be the guiding light for your kith and you kin. Mistakes will be made and much will be learned," The stag's eyes shown brightly and, if the buck looked closely, he could see the silhouettes of playing colts and fillies. If the dark buck tried to count them, he'd find it difficult for all their romping around. The sound of laughter filled the air, distant and yet right there. Watch laughed, lifting his leg as a shadow-kin danced beneath it. "Parenthood is hard," he warned, "But it is also the greatest experience a kin can ever have."

The stag stood tall and his eyes dimmed. The silhouettes faded, as did the laughter, but still the smile remained and with it was a look of pride and reassurance. "I believe in you, son. And so do they." He lowered his head, tucking his shout under the wing of the crane on his back and plucked a single feather. He placed it at the hooves of the young father and spoke, "May your children be as thoughtful as their father, ever thinking of others instead of themselves. May they be wise enough to know to look for help when needed. May they be strong and healthy, and," He smiled, looking at the buck, "May they be loved."

With that, he raised his head and turned to leave, tossing one last remark over his shoulder before becoming once again the bird with flame-filled eyes, "Fear not, young one. You will make a great father."

.Tortured. .Pumpkin.
That's it! You can make a closing post, if you like. ^ ^

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash