Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:07 am
"You know... We could probably, if I pull a string here and there, get you, um, some space in bio-chem. I mean, this fits the specifications for that sector so you'd have to, uh, utilize a different space for processing and producing the final product... You'd basically have the Oddish contained there, we could automate a monitoring system and link it to your 'dex, though you could still employ your pokémon in the task as a fail-safe?" Tambrey agreed with KO and then smirked a bit.
"True, but you'll still really have to proving you can do this and your duties at the same time, so cutting a little time, uh, here and there where you can- without detriment- is a good idea."  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:29 am
Despite the lingering weariness around his eyes KO had already been looking much happier than at the beginning of their conversation but Tambery's offer made his expression brighten further. "Really?" he asked, his usually smooth casual tones replaced by almost boyish enthusiasm; his own proper lab space? The last time he'd had his own space had been Orre and while it had been 'his' it had been 'his bathtubs and random assortment of pots and glassware', nothing like a proper clean controlled lab. "Yes, yes," he agreed quickly nodding along with Tambery's suggestions; there were a variety of monitoring programmes pre-made out there thanks to tech, all you had to do was enter your own parameters. This was going so much better than he'd dared to hope when he messaged Tambery, perhaps all he needed was a willing accomplice from Bio to deal with the gene gun. If just he and one or two others could bring the project to the stage of a viable specimen or two then it would only be a case of cloning it in the usual fashion, he wouldn't have to step back and watch as some Agent swooped in and grabbed his project from him!

...And he had definitely just lost his cool there.

KO cleared his throat and dialled his expression of enthusiasm back to 'very pleased but still in a somehow casual way'. "Ah, and no fear there," he added with a smirk and a slight incline of his head. "I'll be sure to exceed expectations, I've no intention of letting either of us look bad with the execution of this project." Tambery was putting quite a lot of trust in him here, and she was one of very very few people on base who he would feel bad about disappointing on a personal level, rather than just worrying about what it might do to him professionally.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:43 am
"Oh, yes for sure. It'd make more sense to have a space linked to Bio on paperwork and logistically anyway; these Oddish will indeed be, uh, brand new organisms. Hybrids. An experiment themselves by their, um, very nature, let alone their function. It wouldn't be a very big space but it would be bigger than this. Bio-chem too, so you'd have access to both kinds of resources without having to go very far, obviously... Um. Give me a day or two and I can see which space we've got where and I can let you know." She smiled, less smirk, and nodded. "I was pretty certain I wouldn't have to worry there. Oh! Uh, if could draw up and send me an equipment manifest, again I'm not promising everything, or even anything, it'll help with getting things sorted?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 10:55 am
"Well I wasn't expecting an Executive suite," KO said with a soft chuckle and a languid shrug. "Any improvement in space on this will be most welcome." If the corner of the storage room he had now had been a clean-lab he could have worked with it but a bit of extra space would make life a lot easier.

"I'll do that," he continued with a slight nod, "I have a draft worked up already, based on the assumption that the project could be taken forward in the way I hoped, so I can finalise that for you this evening." This all seemed almost too good to be true but it was a very promising idea so why shouldn't it go well? Perhaps he'd become too pessimistic recently.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:09 am
Tambrey nodded with understanding, her mind drifting back to fire type cells exploding out of an old machine a few years ago, and the cobbled together success that had been Octavia. She understood that feeling.

The Elite definitely looked pleased- not exactly surprised, unless she was hiding it well though- to hear that he could have it done by the evening.
"That would be awesome! And, this is good work- a really good idea. I'm glad I can offer what I can, at least."  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:28 am
"It's better than I'd hoped," KO admitted with a slight smile, looking over to his functional though fogged up tanks of cell culture; once he had the readings from them this evening just for completeness' sake he could dump the contents and clean them out. Without those to monitor he could spend the time between now and whenever he was able to get that new lab space reading up on the biology aspects of what was coming next, he wouldn't be able to do it himself of course but he wanted to have a better understanding of what was going on.

"And thank you." KO turned back to Tambery with a genuine warm smile as it occurred to him to say it. "I thought it was a good idea but it's not proper science until it's peer reviewed!... And I value your opinion." Saying things like that didn't come naturally to him; he didn't mind saying it when he meant it if it was to somebody he trusted, he just didn't usually think to thank anyone or tell them how he really felt. Sincerity was not his strong suit.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:47 am
"It's nice when it works out that way. Skepticism is, um, very useful, but sometimes things do0 work out better than you expect. Like an anti-Sod's Law. Or, um, is it Murphy's Law? One of those."

Tambrey grinned.
"Peer review, yes. You're very welcome, and... I'm touched to hear that. I'm glad; I trust you and your work. So, uh," her smile turned an amused shade of sheepish "that's that sorted. I think?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 11:53 am
It was worth remembering to say nice things, people often said nice things in return. KO chuckled softly, still smiling a bit too. "For every piece of bad luck there is an equal and opposite piece of good luck?" he suggested archly. "And thank you, it's good to hear that. Yes, I think that's everything we need to cover right now but if I think of anything else I'll send you a message. I have a few readings left to take from these tanks and a lot of reading to do so I'll probably be here for the rest of the evening if there's anything more you want to ask, other than a break for dinner that is." No matter how busy you were it was important to stop for meals or soon enough you'd find yourself unable to focus properly or eating complete junk and so ending up with terrible skin and neither of those things were an option so far as he was concerned. He still kind of wanted a drink but he could have a couple before bed, possibly over more reading in his room.  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 12:05 pm
"That sounds about right," Tambrey nodded, referring to KO's comment on good and bad luck "and uh.. I don't have any further questions, and I'm fairly certain you'll have anything else I can bring to mind covered already, honestly. I'll leave you to it them, but um, let me know when you break for dinner and if I'm able I might join you? If you don't mind, anyway. It'd be nice to eat in company; long and late shifts often end with, uh, snacks grabbed alone."  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 1:23 pm
"That sounds perfect, good company always makes food taste better." Before he'd started on this project he'd almost always eaten in company but as Tambery say, when you prioritised work you often found yourself eating alone and still reading or making notes while you did so. "Why don't you let me know when you have a break and I'll come and join you?" KO suggested, making a light gesture around the storage space. "Nothing here is time critical other than my readings which will be in," he checked the time on his computer screen, "thirty four minutes. If I don't hear from you by half seven though I'll contact you, eating too late is terrible for you."  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:05 pm
"That sounds like a plan. Actually, uh, half seven might be about just the right time I can. Maybe a little before. I don't think I'll be free before 7 though. I'll let Turing send you a message if I'm done before half past. So... I should get back to my office and get on with things." Tambrey smiled and held up a hand to wave a quick goodbye as she started to turn. "See you later! This was good! It's always good to see more science!" As corny as it sounded, she almost definitely meant it.  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 2:09 pm
KO nodded affably; "Seven fifteen, seven thirty, sounds fine to me; see you later... Probably to talk more about science." KO gave a lopsided smile and waved to Tambery as she left the room before sitting down at the little table and searching out the file he'd been noting down equipment he expected to need. If he could have this finished by the time they met for dinner then so much the better!

It was good to feel excited about something again, really good.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas