Reply Roleplaying
[B] A Strange Path (Changeling x WB)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 5:58 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The swamp seems somehow more peaceful, and quiet, today as he makes his way through the undergrowth and twisting vines. His sister, Lucid Dreams, who needs almost constant looking after due to her habit of falling asleep unexpectedly, is currently being safely looked after by the Mother Tribe, having been welcomed by one of its members, Backbite.

The doe with a sense of humor to match his own, at times, had caught his attention some time ago. They had crossed paths during some small event that Lucid had begged him to take her to (and how could he possibly resist his sweet sister?) -- and while she'd lain napping, the two of them had snuck off together for a time.

But now Backbite is pregnant and, though he is not new to raising children (having helped his sister raise her own first clutch) the prospect is somehow a little more nerve wracking when the children-to-be are his own. Seer had come to visit, unexpectedly, as was often the case, when she had heard she was to be a cousin. How she had heard, though, Changeling had no idea. His kiokote niece often knew a great many things and when asked she'd only shrug with that sweet smile. The swamp talks, she'd say, as if that answered everything. Perhaps it did.

At any rate, she'd suggested he take a walk while she caught up with her mother, and, no doubt, to give them all a break of his fussing -- and so now here he was, thoughts buzzing about the future even as the landscape around him seemed perfectly serene. But then, why shouldn't it? The swamp was, after all, ancient and wise and knowing. He felt it, sometimes, or perhaps only imagined that he did, in the quieter moments when he let his thoughts blank out in meditation.

Perhaps, if he takes a moment to do that, now, he will find the strength and peace to calm his own mind...? After a moment, he finds a comfortable patch of moss to settle down on and breathes out.

I'm going to be a father. He could hardly believe it.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 2:54 pm
There are no unusual sounds around him as he meditates, but eventually, the smell of fresh mint and a radiating warmth would alert Changeling to the presence of another laying beside him. It is an aged buck with his hooves tucked neatly beneath his red and brown body, eyes closed in as the same thoughtful repose he'd just been in.  

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:02 pm
It takes a few moments, but, eventually, Changeling recognizes a warmth at his side that is not the sun streaming through the trees, and the soothing, crisp, scent of mint that certainly hadn't been there when he'd first settled down.

How long had he been meditating, anyway? He must have lost track of time. He breathes in, and opens his eyes, before glancing to his right -- and blinks.

He had not been with his sister when she'd wandered off and gotten herself lost - while pregnant, no less - only to stumble upon what she had described as 'a grumpy old mare, and she'd left it at that despite his gentle prodding over what may have happened after. This buck, stag, seems.... different. A legendary, perhaps not unlike the one his sister had run into? Hopefully, minus the grumpy.

"Ah.... You seem to have caught me somewhat unprepared," he feels better than before, and he'd have to thank his niece for the suggestion, but a different sort of nerves skitters under his skin to be in the presence of one such as this.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Mmm, I apologize for that. It seemed rude to interrupt," the stag replies, then opens his eyes and turns kindly gaze to the buck at his side. "My name is Wildflower Breeze. I am here to give you what help I can."

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 3:56 pm
Well, wasn't that thoughtful? The buck finds himself relaxing at that kind gaze, and offers up a small smile in return. "Changeling."

He considers the words, the offer behind them, his mind racing over stories and legends about the stags and mares blessed by the swamp.

"I admit... I didn't really expect this when I came out here today. My niece sent me away," and he chuckles a little at that, thinking of her, her gentle, patient, voice suggesting he might like to talk a walk and wouldn't that be nice? "I suspect she could tell I was in need of some time for myself." He pauses then, and clears his throat a little.

"I'm to be a father soon. It's... strange. I like children. I raised my nieces and nephews but it's different, this time." Generally, the buck is not so forthcoming to strangers but something about the stag, the kind, patient, look in his eyes... it eases something in him that would have constricted around the words, otherwise.

"It is... frightening."

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 8:50 pm
The stag grimaces and nods. "I understand. The children will be your own, which means the responsibilities for their care and happiness - it falls more squarely on you and your mate than anyone else. Caring for another's children, anything major is deferred - you won't be able to do that anymore. It can be... quite daunting at first." With a sigh, he shakes his head. "It's not easy to accept, but... as with anything, all you can really do is your best." His smile returns as he reflects on his own memories of fatherhood. "Give them everything you can. Love them with all your heart... And accept that, eventually, you must let them go."
Owlsomniac
Suuuper sorry for the wait! Told you I was a lil slow, l-lol....

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 10:33 pm
"Of course I will do my best. I only hope that it's good enough." Though of course that was likely the worry of most parents.

"You said you could help me? How is that? Not that I don't appreciate the company, of course, it's just... well," he smiles a little, the words trailing off as he shrugs.

kitty sprightt
no worries!

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:56 am
With a chuckle, the stag arose, skinny old limbs supporting his weight with more surety than they might suggest. "Other than providing advice and moral support?"

He tilted his head inquisitively at the buck on the ground, the motion somehow birdlike. "What would you wish for them, had you the chance? I can share with you, your mate - your children - the blessing of the Motherfather, of Matope. A blessing of health and good fortune, to give your family a head start."
Owlsomniac

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 11:40 am
"You can do that?" Changeling tilts his head, watching as the stag rises to his feet. "That would be... thank you. I have no way to repay you for such a thing, though I would be forever grateful."

kitty sprightt

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 3:09 pm
"No such repayment is necessary," the stag said gently. "It is my duty, and my privilege, to deliver the Motherfather's blessing to our people. To bring her children solace, and hope."

He paused, closing his eyes, to take a slow, deep breath. When he opened them again and spoke, they seemed to glow all the brighter, the brilliant emerald light flashing in time with his words. The blessing he delivered was short, as his often were, but heartfelt, as they always were;

"Motherfather, grant to this family the peace and security of your blessing, that they may grow strong and good under your care, that they may spread that strength and goodness to others, in time."
Owlsomniac

theCorniest
Crew

Colorful Contributor

Owlsomniac

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 5:07 pm
Changeling watches with something a bit like awe at the show of the Stag' power. The words are simple, and short, but despite that a feeling like peace seems to settle over him, quieting his nerves and buzzing thoughts and he knows, somehow, without a doubt -- that things are going to be okay.

When it's finished, the buck opens his own eyes once more, and lets out a breath as he smiles.

"Thank you," it still felt somehow inadequate, but the words are heartfelt and he hopes the stag can somehow sense that.

kitty sprightt
I think this is prob my last post. We can leave it here unless you want to do a closing post?

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games