Welcome to Gaia! ::

TNW:R™ ● Total Nonstop Wrestling: Revolution

Back to Guilds

After the fall of guilds of TNWE, TNWF, TOPWG, it's all come to this one guild to come back all together. 

Tags: TNWF, TNWE, Wrestling, Roleplay, Sports 

Reply [TNW:R™] <OOC>
Separate Rosters Debate

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chicago Makes Punk
Vice Captain

Greedy Entrepreneur

3,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:29 pm
Hey guys, it's Alvin here and over the few weeks, there has been a lot of debate and request from different people that have been requesting of a roster split. Honestly, the people who have been requesting for the roster split, have made some good points to me. But at the same time, I actually haven't heard of the people who don't want the roster splits and their own opinions on it. So in this topic, I would like everybody to give in their opinion, of if there should be a roster split, or if there shouldn't be a roster split. If you're on the side of the roster split, please, give me all your ideas for it. Then again, if you're on the side of not having the roster split, please give some ideas. I'm a person who believes that we're all a team. We do this for our entertainment and I would like to do things that everybody would agree on. If you see multiple opinions that are the same, go ahead and say them again if you want, and give your own view of it. Obviously, not absolutely everybody is going to agree, but I can conclude that there can be a resolution to all of it.

So please, once you're giving your opinions, I would like EVERYONE to please, write in the most bottom sentence of your post..

Yes, I would like the roster split.
No, I would not want to have the roster split.

Thank you.

So of course, everybody has opinions, and of course, one of those people is me. So of course, I've been thinking about it a lot. And the points that have been made to me, have been very true.

Positives:

I have thought about it, and of course, someone like me who just loves roleplaying, A LOT, wants more time. And when I say more time, I mean more time to develop for other characters, you know? I have a lot of wrestlers, and of course, as a team we have all agreed that we want a tag division. And I believe two different shows will allow us to give more time to the tag division. Also, not only the tag division, but it also gives time for the CAWs. When I was writing out shows, and making matches, and even writing up the pay-per-view, there were only about four-five segments. And it just felt very little to me. Even though you know, four-five segments may be enough, I just think there should be a lot more, and I feel like a lot more would be interesting and would have the potential to have more storylines, and more matches that could eventually end up great. There's so many wrestlers, that I have. I have AJ Styles, Sami Zayn, Seth Rollins, Tyrus. That's four wrestlers, you know? It's a lot to have, and if I put four of them on one show, I just feel horrible, you know because I don't want ALL my wrestlers to be on one show. My goal, EVERY TIME, that I make a show, is that I involve mostly everybody who wants to cooperate. And having four wrestlers, and have other people who ALSO have mules, (like Devan or Brody), need time too. Devan has a lot of mules, (Dean Ambrose, Finn Balor, Neville, Cesaro). That's ALSO four wrestlers. I want his characters to develop too. Brody has a lot of mules too, (Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, Matt Morgan, Samoa Joe). It's just so much, and I know nowadays, most of us don't mess around anymore, you know? Like at least for me, I know that I want to be four wrestlers, because I enjoy being four wrestlers. People like Brody and Devan who also have four, I'm sure they enjoy it too. I just feel like we do need more time, and we want to make more stars, you know? Sure, we can put those wrestlers on the shows at different times, but that would be SO much shows and so much wait.

Negatives:
I am highly aggravating, because I just do not want an (A) Championship and a (B) Championship. I remember in TNWF, I always remember people always just saying, "oh the TNWF Championship is not relevant as the World Heavyweight Championship", or stuff like that you know? I feel like if we had two world championships, it could eventually be like that again, you know? That's just my opinion, and how I'm just scared of that result. I don't want an (A) Championship, and a (B) Championship. For anything, I'd just want ONE World Title, where the Champion appears on both shows. Although I'd be okay with a second mid-card title, I wouldn't agree on a second world title. I think, in my thoughts for now, if I were to bring a new mid-card championship, I would bring the X-Division Championship. Or something like that, you know? Like I think it just always bothered me that before we were basically fan-booking or fantasy-booking whatever you wanna call it, WWE. I believe that we should not have all WWE things. We are TNW:R, and that "TN" is coming from TNA. And I feel like we should incorporate some TNA stuff, or even original stuff. I believe, that we should NOT have the "World Heavyweight Championship". Hell, I was even thinking of bringing a whole NXT brand, but then again, where's the TNA? I am a big fan of the old-school style of TNA, and that's why we named it TNW. Because we COMBINED TNA and WWE. We need some aspects from there you know? If we were all to want to do WWE stuff, OKAY! You know? Like might as well name the whole damn guild "WWE". You know? BUT, I do think if we were to have TWO World Championships, I would automatically drop the TNW:R Championship. I would have maybe some thing in the lines of the RAW World Championship, and/or maybe the iMPACT World Championship. You know why? So one doesn't feel dominate of the other show. Because having names like that would show that you're just the champion of that show. But that's just me, you know?

Honestly, at first I was worried, because you know those other G-Fed people probably think we "copy" WWE or anything like that, but this time, after thinking about it, it is struggling.

Right now, I am more in favor of having the roster splits. So in conclusion..

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 pm
One, there needs to be more matches and air time, which is why I want to go in the direction of a brand split. Four matches with a promo or two is not enough, even with a small community. You need more time with a larger amount of time. If there is no issues, if there is a brand split, in which you have to fight certain people due to the fact that they are on a different brand, it would be fine. So, it's obvious what I favor.

somedudewithamic

Phantom

Leati Joseph Anoai

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:57 pm
I think the roster split would be cool. But I also think shows should have more content.
As for the World title(s) if there is a second belt, being called it's brand name; ex. iMPACT Championship would suck to me personally, I just wouldn't like it. I think the whole, "this championship is more valuable than this one" was/is just pure competition. It's just like in WWE where people would compare and contrast the world champs. Before it was probably taken too far but I'm a competitive guy so I mean I wouldn't mind it. Just my view. As for the using more TNA stuff I'd be cool with it. Sounds fun.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:20 pm
lmao nah - I was told I should write my actual reasoning so let's go.

This isn't even a debate about rosters or whatever the ********. The real debate here is people not knowing what roleplaying is actually about. All you people want a "brand split" for is so you can get your "victories" on a "show". Claiming that the "brand split" will help you further your characters is such an idiotic argument. If you actually wanted to further your characters, you can already do so in the dark match and promo sections. But of course, some of you don't see that as equal as these "shows" so others feel like whatever they do in the dark matches and promo sections are pointless. You people really value "victories" in this s**t more than the true reason we roleplay, to capture characters and tell stories. We can do that without splitting rosters. All that does is allow those of you greedy individuals who actually think you've accomplished something by getting a high dice to get more "victories" and continue to boast or brag about said "victories". We can't act like we're not copying WWE with this s**t either. If they hadn't come back with the announcement of the split their doing, no one would have even thought about this. "Brand Splits" in the TNW[x] series have never really worked. And they never will. Of course, I know i'm already going to get "outvoted" and people are going to get their feelings hurt over what I've said, but ya know. That's what opinions are all about.

Nah I'm not with no stupid brand split.  

User 27621113

Dedicated Genius

The Whole Effin Show

Distinct Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:23 pm
First of all, don't worry about what the G-Feds think about us, considering they are a bunch of rude obnoxious assholes, so who cares what they think.
But for the brand split, I support it. Like you said, some of us have multiple mules, and we didn't make them just for fun, we kinda wanna use them and develope them. Two rosters helps that alot, not 100% but that is all you cam really do. And down the road, a second title should be brought in, due to the rosters getting bigger with mules. More feuds, and you won't really overuse a certain guy you rp, since they would be on one show instead of two. Its a good idea, and its not like we are copying WWE, it would be doing what should be done in the long run. Its rp, we can do what we want... haha.

Yes, I support a brand split.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm
And of course he talks crap about decision we agree with as a team lol it kills me. Anyways I agree with everyone considering I was the one who pitched the idea to Alvin. And the only reason I did is for the cards to be bigger and more matches to happen. Promos on the open mic forms doesn't get read and also the dark matches does not either. Every show I see the same bookings, same characters and boring storylines that literally does nothing. Well tbh I this isn't years back when we all chilled in towns and meebo etc so I don't think no one brags or care what matches they win. Of course ignorance shows when things don't go their way. I'm at the point of my life that I don't even use Gaia anymore I could care less about my gold or a damn virtual title I literally log on, do my matches and logout this isn't 2012 anymore we all moved on so nobody is doing this to boast or brag.

Yes I support the roster split.  

Finn Balor

Gekko

The Viper Orton

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:18 pm
Why would we split the roster if we've showed no consistency? Our roster is literally 15-20 people deep and only about 4-6 have shown consistency when it comes to posting in their matches. It would be too much of a hassle, and lead to the extinction of TNW:R part 100. What's the point of splitting the rosters? If you want a reason to add another mid-card title then do so. Reality of the situation is we don't have enough people who care about roleplaying to split the brands. I say if we can get 3 more active roleplayers then why not. I completely agree with Gio as well, and think it's well reasoned. Having split brands doesn't create anymore opportunities than it does without it.

I'm not in favor of the brand split and any "b***h niggas" can think what they want.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:06 pm
The Viper Orton
Why would we split the roster if we've showed no consistency? Our roster is literally 15-20 people deep and only about 4-6 have shown consistency when it comes to posting in their matches. It would be too much of a hassle, and lead to the extinction of TNW:R part 100. What's the point of splitting the rosters? If you want a reason to add another mid-card title then do so. Reality of the situation is we don't have enough people who care about roleplaying to split the brands. I say if we can get 3 more active roleplayers then why not. I completely agree with Gio as well, and think it's well reasoned. Having split brands doesn't create anymore opportunities than it does without it.

I'm not in favor of the brand split and any "b***h niggas" can think what they want.

Here's my argument against you. Your argument is "consistency". Honestly, I believe consistency does not have to do with anything. I would think it would make sense as an argument if our shows were longer and it took forever. Even if we show no consistency with two rosters, at the end of the day, we would still have more storylines. It would make sense to make that if our shows were long and we were to make TWO long shows. But this time, we could have two shows with the usual 4-5 segments. But then again, that's just my opinion and something to consider about.

Chicago Makes Punk
Vice Captain

Greedy Entrepreneur

3,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200

The Viper Orton

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:45 pm
PhiIIip Brooks
The Viper Orton

Here's my argument against you. Your argument is "consistency". Honestly, I believe consistency does not have to do with anything. I would think it would make sense as an argument if our shows were longer and it took forever. Even if we show no consistency with two rosters, at the end of the day, we would still have more storylines. It would make sense to make that if our shows were long and we were to make TWO long shows. But this time, we could have two shows with the usual 4-5 segments. But then again, that's just my opinion and something to consider about.

How can you have more rivalries? Please explain this to me, because if someone wanted to start a rivalry they are fully capable of doing so without split rosters. Like I said splitting the rosters has no affect on roleplay unless we are looking to add a competitive edge to the guild. Like SNL vs FNR Having one roster doesn't limit anyone, I'd understand if people were complaining about not getting matches but that's certainly not the case. I considered what you say though, just don't follow you.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:52 pm
I'm open-minded though, if you decide to split the rosters I'll certainty follow through with it. Just want you to honestly make sure everyone's opinion holds the same weight, and we respect one another.

If you're looking to add a more competitive environment then I think splitting the rosters could in fact do that, but that means more intensity.  

The Viper Orton

Chicago Makes Punk
Vice Captain

Greedy Entrepreneur

3,925 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:06 pm
The Viper Orton
PhiIIip Brooks
The Viper Orton

How can you have more rivalries? Please explain this to me, because if someone wanted to start a rivalry they are fully capable of doing so without split rosters. Like I said splitting the rosters has no affect on roleplay unless we are looking to add a competitive edge to the guild. Like SNL vs FNR Having one roster doesn't limit anyone, I'd understand if people were complaining about not getting matches but that's certainly not the case. I considered what you say though, just don't follow you.

Yeah man, you're right. We're capable of doing without split rosters. But here's the thing, we're MORE capable if we do, do it. How can we have more rivalries?

Example:

RAW:
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins (Main Feud)

SmackDown:
Finn Balor and AJ Styles (Main Feud)

This makes TWO top rivalry feuds.
Could we have those top two rivalry feuds on one show? Yeah. But you know what that would lead to? MORE matches. And like you said, inconsistency. Do you think if we had MORE matches we'd be more consistent? You know how many matches we had for the PPV? Four. That's about the same as a regular show, and you know, a Pay-Per-View is supposed to be longer than a regular. BETTER, than a regular show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:11 am
PhiIIip Brooks

Yeah man, you're right. We're capable of doing without split rosters. But here's the thing, we're MORE capable if we do, do it. How can we have more rivalries?

Example:

RAW:
Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins (Main Feud)

SmackDown:
Finn Balor and AJ Styles (Main Feud)

This makes TWO top rivalry feuds.
Could we have those top two rivalry feuds on one show? Yeah. But you know what that would lead to? MORE matches. And like you said, inconsistency. Do you think if we had MORE matches we'd be more consistent? You know how many matches we had for the PPV? Four. That's about the same as a regular show, and you know, a Pay-Per-View is supposed to be longer than a regular. BETTER, than a regular show.

We had four matches because this was our first PPV, we had no starting point and only have 2 championships (not counting the tag team titles) and only me and Gio and that dark match created a fued because we had that tournament to figure out contenders which took up 4-5 matches per show. There also was more cosplays added around the 3rd and 4th week than any point since the return of TNW:R. Not only that, I think splitting the rosters would increase the time of shows which is also at an all-time long. Takes us a week and half to finish shows. (Yes, I understand it was the school year) I just don't think we should do that, purely because we haven't proven we can all be 100% active, and dedicated.  

The Viper Orton

[TNW:R™] <OOC>

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff