Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Trying Your Best (Crimson Tears & Turning Me to Sin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:06 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.There occasionally came a time in a kin’s life where they felt it necessary to evaluate themselves. Crimson Tears had done this not once, but several times throughout the course of his existence. He didn’t necessarily dislike himself, for he hardly knew anyone else that could construct poetic phrases or be struck with fierce inspiration like he could. Then again, he hardly knew anyone at all. It was a disheartening drawback of his introverted personality, he knew, and it was something he truly wished to improve on.

This would, of course, require him to step outside of his personal boundaries, but not in a way that would come across as disrespectful or creepy (at least he desperately hoped not). He just…he just needed to talk to someone. Make the first move. Initiate conversation without projecting flattering, poetic phrases at a doe or buck that captured his bohemian heart. Right. He could do this. There was no need to be uneasy or intimidated (actually, there was EVERY need to be uneasy or intimidated, but it wasn’t something he wanted to think of).

Without giving it much thought, he approached the first very kin he came across that afternoon. She was a doe, a beautiful one, with colors that reminded Crimson Tears of a most dazzling sunset over the silhouetted swamp. “Ah…hello,” he said quietly, hoping she wouldn’t find his sudden presence or attempt at friendliness off-putting.

Ishtadaal
Bless his heart, he is TRYING. ; o ;

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Turning was having quite the day. She and her brother had set off to find their way back to this interesting little hollow they'd found a few nights prior, and had set their minds to navigate their own ways to it, to prove which of them had the better sense of direction. As it turned out, it must have been her brother whose sense of direction was better, because for all her wandering, she hadn't found it– and she clearly remembered taking far less time to find their ways home from where it had been. It wasn't the worst thing– once she found him, she'd be gently ribbed, she'd have to admit his superiority, and then they could get to their favourite pastime of poring through all the treasures whichever kin had hidden them had amassed, before putting them back in their place and leaving. Really, the thrill was in the discovery, and not the ownership– unlike what their adoptive elder siblings seemed to think, with their veritable maze filled with trinkets and treasures.

The doe found herself interrupted from her train of thought by a voice– one she didn't recognize. She turned, blinking, and looked the newcomer over– this was a pretty one. "Mmm, hello to you too, handsome," she started, not one to hold back her thoughts.

"What can I do for you?"

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:58 pm
Handsome? Oh, that was... Crimson Tears snapped his mouth shut at the unexpected word that had been used to describe him. Surely this doe had meant to say “odd”, or “awkward”, or perhaps even “strange” instead. Yes, that had to be it. It was the only logical explanation.

In all honesty, I wasn’t expecting anything to be done, really,” he replied. “You see, I was merely trying to strengthen my ability to socialize. I tend to keep to myself, and I would like to change that by meeting others and attempting conversation.” The words were hesitant and not very confident, but he hoped that the doe wouldn’t find him utterly repulsive. “I’m Crimson Tears,” he introduced himself.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:06 am
"Turning Me to Sin," the doe replied, practically purring. He was certainly an awkward one! Tripping over his words, and using far too many to convey his thoughts– he was probably of the storytelling, singing, or poet's persuasion. The doe had long-since learned that the best way to deal with these sorts was to give them a problem– they tended to wax eloquent about whatever it was for ages before coming to some sort of a decision.

"I'll be more than happy to act as practice," she offered, amused, "but I have to ask– am I supposed to critique you while we go, or afterwards? I'd risk forgetting if it was the latter, but we couldn't naturally have a conversation if I was constantly telling you how to modify how you talked."

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:55 am
Not only was she exquisite in physical appearance, but her name also suggested an adventurous - and perhaps even mysterious? - flair to her personality. Either way, Crimson Tears listened intently as she spoke and provided some options. She made extremely good points, and he was inclined to agree to whatever the doe most preferred. After all, she was the one taking precious time out of her day to help him; he couldn’t very well disagree or focus all preferences to him and him alone.

I suppose you’re right,” he eventually replied, glancing down at his red hooves. He lightly scuffed one into the dirt, softly exhaled through his nose, and then looked up at Turning once more. “Perhaps you could give me general advice instead? I would appreciate any and all ‘pointers’, if you will.” He no longer wished to cause others blatant discomfort. The buck longed to finally blend in amongst his own kind.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:13 pm
The doe blinked, considering. He'd been awfully quick to come to a decision, disappointingly enough, but his response was worth merit, if not as fun as she'd been hoping for.

"Well. You're going to want to try to find subjects that the other conversational partner are invested in, either because of relevance– 'How about this mud? Isn't it the worst?'– or because it's something you figure they know about– 'That's a beautiful eaglehound. How long has she been your companion?'," she offered first.

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:32 pm
So then, she would help him after all! Crimson Tears would have danced in joy had he…uh, had he known how to dance, but he settled for offering Turning a small smile that he hoped would convey his endless gratitude for her time and kindness alike. It wasn’t everyday that someone genuinely wanted to help him - not that he’d ever asked for help, per se - and he wanted to treasure the experience as much as he desired to learn from it.

Yes,” he agreed softly, nodding. “That does make sense. Quite a lot, actually.” He pondered on her advice for a beat as he tried to put it into practice. Hmmm. Something of relevance or something he figured she would know about… “Do you often come here? I tend to tread nearby, as it is my favorite place for drawing inspiration.”  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:23 pm
Well, he seemed to be paying attention to her advice, at least at large! "I'm afraid I haven't. You mentioned inspiration– what is it about here that inspires you?" she prompted. If she could get him talking....  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:51 pm
Turning's question, while not completely unexpected, still prompted a wordless pause from Crimson Tears. He took a second to glance about their surroundings, to take in the subdued colors and the details that created them, before he finally provided what he hoped was a suitable response.

"Everything, I daresay," he replied quietly, having yet to abandon his observations. "The winding roots of the trees, aged beyond time and coherence, as well as the murky depths of water."  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:46 pm
The doe nodded, staying quiet, gaze intent on him. She wanted to see what he had to say– bucks like him always got so cutely silly about their passions– and she loved it when bucks were silly like that.  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:09 am
When he wasn't immediately silenced or offered a comment that suggested he stop what he was saying, Crimson Tears was baffled. It wasn't often he received a willing audience, and he wasn't entirely sure how to handle such a peculiar deviation from the norm. Well, he thought optimistically. Perhaps he ought to have continued? She certainly hadn't asked him not to. Very well, then.

"Eternal sky stretched across a brilliant and humid canvas, sheltering clouds thick with gray rain, showering vibrant life with each nourishing drop," he went on, his gaze slowly returning to the doe. Suddenly, he wasn't speaking of their surroundings anymore. "Silhouetted beauty shadowed by a radiant sunset..."  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games