Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[B] New Growth (Wasp's-Nest & Bitter Heartbeat)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Wasp's-Nest was not, on the whole, a terribly social buck. He preferred his own company most of the time, and it was unusual for him to spend much time with any other kin. So it was entirely out of his realm of experience to have found out, quite recently, that the lovely, gentle doe with whom he'd kept company for several pleasant evenings had fallen pregnant from the experience.

He didn't quite know what a father did, exactly, past the initial contribution. His own father had been mostly absent. Marshlight had come to see his son all of twice, curious about his offspring in a rather disinterested sort of way, and Wasp's-Nest recalled a large nose and warm breath sniffing at him, and being pronounced adequate, and that was about it. He'd gotten the vague impression from others that not all fathers were like that, but he hadn't the slightest clue as to what else one did.

Still, he wanted to be a good father, if he could manage that, and he thought perhaps he could start now. He'd heard that one could ask for a blessing for one's offspring, and so he'd set out to look for someone who could help him. He paused now in a shallow, muddy place between a ring of trees, and tried to decide where to go next.

anemosagkelos
thank you <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:26 pm
Prolixity
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The stag scuffled after the caiman, attention wavering as he shifted to and fro, always one form solid, one form translucent. He itched -- well, he itched, too -- to get up out of the murky waters and yet he knew nearby was a soul in need of guidance. He rather wished for paws to scratch, even if he knew it wasn't fleas, just to reach that pesky spot too far away for his teeth to n**. And so he ambled, mind shifting from seeking the searcher to paws, claws, that could reach that frequent prickle that told him he was needed.

So lost in his thoughts, Bitter Heartbeat did not notice when the water gave way to muddy ground. He overlooked the ring of trees as he stepped into the clearing and almost seemed to start, stag form momentarily disappearing altogether as the caiman opened it jaws and emitted a low growl, and then the stag was back, chuckling at his absent-mindedness. Jovial and kind, he looked over the pale buck.

"Hello there," he greeted, voice soft and knowing. "You've been looking for me." Well, perhaps not him specifically but close enough since he was the one found.  

anemosagkelos

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:37 pm
Wasp's-Nest startled visibly as a stag stepped into the clearing and became, briefly, a caiman that growled before returning to the red-and-black stag, flowers trailing from his neck. "A-ah," he stammered, staring wide-eyed at the other. "I am? Oh, sorry -- yes. I am. Sorry," he repeated. "I've never met one like you."

He remembered his manners, and bowed his head respectfully. "Hello," he said. "I am named Wasp's-Nest, and I - I am going to be a father soon." He sounded distinctly nervous about it.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:53 pm
Prolixity
"Apologies," voice aptly apologetic, as he watched the poor buck startle. The caiman vanished leaving the far less imposing stag to deal with.

He nodded, as the buck spoke, eyes engaged, "Yes, that I gathered." And indeed he did. He'd fathered children -- goodness, it seemed ages ago -- and been positively terrified. "I, too, was terrified when I had children," he explained, every word seemingly laced in empathy. Yes, he knew for he'd been there.  

anemosagkelos

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:30 pm
"You - you were?" The wise-eyed stag before him seemed worlds away from such worries. But the idea made Wasp's-Nest relax a little, the unexpected point of common experience a comforting connection. "I want to be a good father," he explained, anxious. "I didn't really know my father, so I don't quite know how to do it. But I want my children to grow well." He pawed a little at the mud beneath his hooves, his ears flicking back humbly.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:28 am
Prolixity
"Oh yes," he smiled, amused at the shock in that short question. His tail swayed as he watched the buck's tension ease minutely.

"A noble desire," he commented, "and if you wish them to grow well, that will be done." Here he paused, thoughtful, "Anything else you want your children to be?" He already had a good idea of the best blessing to give but it never hurt to make it more well-rounded.  

anemosagkelos

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:56 am
Wasp's-Nest thought for a moment, and answered, "I want them to be quick, and clever, so they can figure out the answers to their questions." He ducked his head, a little shy. "Is that a good wish?"

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:13 am
Prolixity
The stag gave a reassuring smile, "It is and very helpful."

With a nod, he began to speak once more, "Your children shall grow well, be joyous and quick, clever and never more than you can handle. As they grow, so, too, shall you."  

anemosagkelos

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:42 am
The stag's words seemed to invoke a sense of calm and peace in Wasp's-Nest, leaves dropping into a still pool and rippling its surface gently. He breathed deeply and felt more of his nervousness flow away from him. It wasn't entirely gone, and he thought it probably never would be, but he felt much more like he could handle it, now. "Thank you," he said to the stag, trying to put the deep gratitude he felt into the simple words. "Thank you."

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:03 am
Prolixity
"You're welcome," the stag returned. And then he was gone, just a swaying caiman tail leaving a path in the mud.  

anemosagkelos

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff