Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ✩ ANIME
Suggestions for my vacation?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:24 am
I've got vacation coming up from August 1 to August 12, and I'm looking for ten anime titles to squeeze into it. I would prefer titles that have finished airing, have less than 14 episodes, and that I haven't seen.

For the record, here's what I've seen. http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Fear_the_Reefer

Throw some titles at me, and we'll see what sticks!

This is what I have so far, after mining facebook for requests;

1: Night Raid 1921
2: Iron Man(anime)
3: Bartender
4: Natsume's Book of Friends s1
5: Love Stage(Need to finish)
6: Nagi No Asukara
7: Barakamon
8: Daily Lives of High School Boys
9: Say I Love You
10: Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:29 pm
Oh saw that you haven't watched danshi koukou sei no nichijou (its just super ultra funny! Make me laugh a lot!), Barakamon (it's super funny too and really cute too! I love character's voices!) And also Nagi no asukara (the art is really beautiful and full of feelings)! And I recommend you re:zero and natsume it was great!

Renard des neiges

Battle-ready Otaku

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:11 pm
Renard des neiges
Oh saw that you haven't watched danshi koukou sei no nichijou (its just super ultra funny! Make me laugh a lot!), Barakamon (it's super funny too and really cute too! I love character's voices!) And also Nagi no asukara (the art is really beautiful and full of feelings)! And I recommend you re:zero and natsume it was great!

I tried watching Nichijou twice, and I couldn't get past five episodes on either attempt. I just... I didn't get it.

I'll look up the other two.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:36 pm
The Millenium Walken
Renard des neiges

I tried watching Nichijou twice, and I couldn't get past five episodes on either attempt. I just... I didn't get it.

Aw too bad >.< but it don't fit to your humor I guess eheh~  

Renard des neiges

Battle-ready Otaku

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:31 pm
Renard des neiges
The Millenium Walken
Renard des neiges

There was a snowman. It was in the supermarket. She was struggling over whether or not to buy it before it melted. It was a snowman in the supermarket. What am I even supposed to say to that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:38 pm
e' x - Driver = 5 episodes

High school Fleet = 13 eps

Detective Academy Q

Clamp School Detective

Kaichou wa Maid Sama,
KamiSama Kiss,
Kami Sama Asobi,
Say, I love you,
Brothers Conflict,
Wagnaria,

if you have time Ufo Baby aka Daa Daa Daa! its a longer series  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Renard des neiges

Battle-ready Otaku

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:02 am
The Millenium Walken
Renard des neiges
The Millenium Walken
Renard des neiges

There was a snowman. It was in the supermarket. She was struggling over whether or not to buy it before it melted. It was a snowman in the supermarket. What am I even supposed to say to that?

Aaaaah we're not talking about the same anime!
You're talking about "nichijou" and me about "danshi koukousei no nichijou", not the same!!
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:23 am
Renard des neiges
The Millenium Walken
Renard des neiges
The Millenium Walken
Renard des neiges

Aaaaah we're not talking about the same anime!
You're talking about "nichijou" and me about "danshi koukousei no nichijou", not the same!!
User Image

That explains it. For the record, using english names around me would help.  

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Eowalenna
Crew

Dapper Shoujo

17,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 10:07 pm
For some reason, I thought you had seen a lot more anime than you've actually seen. Back to the topic....

I liked Bartender for it's mellowness. Even though I don't drink, I thought the cocktail recipes were a cute addition.

Perhaps you could give The Gokusen (13 episodes) or Genshiken (12 episodes) a try. Mononoke has 12 episodes and is interesting anime (especially visually).  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:11 am
Eowalenna
For some reason, I thought you had seen a lot more anime than you've actually seen. Back to the topic....

I liked Bartender for it's mellowness. Even though I don't drink, I thought the cocktail recipes were a cute addition.

Perhaps you could give The Gokusen (13 episodes) or Genshiken (12 episodes) a try. Mononoke has 12 episodes and is interesting anime (especially visually).

600+ isn't a lot?

Gokusen is in, and the list is complete.  

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200

Eowalenna
Crew

Dapper Shoujo

17,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:09 pm
600 is a lot. It's a mighty big number. I don't know why but for some reason I tend to think people who regularly review anime, have lists that start somewhere near +1,500.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:15 pm
The Millenium Walken
Eowalenna

600+ isn't a lot?

You already went to add the Dot Hack shows to the list sometimes?

Silverstar_Cross

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:48 am
Silverstar_Cross
The Millenium Walken
Eowalenna

600+ isn't a lot?

I haven't seen any .Hack shows.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:22 pm
The Millenium Walken
Silverstar_Cross
The Millenium Walken
Eowalenna

600+ isn't a lot?

Bummer that then, and how's your vacation?

Silverstar_Cross

The Millenium Walken

Eloquent Humorist

11,675 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 am
Silverstar_Cross
The Millenium Walken
Silverstar_Cross
The Millenium Walken
Eowalenna

600+ isn't a lot?

Bummer that then, and how's your vacation?

I'll let you know when it starts.  
✩ ANIME

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff