Welcome to Gaia! ::

Trainer Prep - Ordell Academy

Back to Guilds

The preparatory School to ready students to the world of Pokémon as Trainers, Coordinators, Breeders and other fields 

Tags: Pokemon, Competition, Battle, Romance, School life 

Reply ››››››››› Past & Inactive Profiles
[Y1] Edguardo Fuentes-- Student-- [APPROVED]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:21 pm
User ImageG E N E R A L - I N F O R M A T I O N

Username:Klayko
      Name: Edguardo Fuentes
      Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual for now (Possibly Bi-Curious later down the road)
      Ethnicity: Afro-Hispanic
      Height: 5'
      Weight: 105 lbs
      Theme Song: Jim Morrison

P E R S O N A L - I N F O R M A T I O N

Personality: Exuberant with a fiery passion, Edguardo is an energetic youth with a hot temper to match when situations get overly tense. Despite this, he does not prefer fire types, rather it's opposite in water. This energy shows just how passionate he is regarding pokemon. He isn't cocky, but rather confident in his abilities and skills. He is also an individual who isn't afraid to speak up, especially in matters that he finds to be reason to stand up for. He does have a winner personality to him, being brought up to sports as recreation. This makes him overly competitive at times and also accrues to the heated and tense demeanor he gives when in a situation that is not to his liking.
      Strengths:
      Creative Mind- Years of watching his mother perform has left a profound impact on the male. While it is necessary for him to take classes on the matter, he does have a creative mind when it comes to creating ideal situations for him if the need ever arises. This also stems into his overall creativity, from making childish sketches to possibly creating strategies, both in sport which he plays and later down the line in some of the courses he will take.

Sports: Ed excels favorably in sports, mainly futbol and swimming. This keeps him energetic and active, sometimes considered hyper because of his tendency to not stay in one place on most occasions. His passion in sports has begun to create within him a winning attitude, the male seeking to aim for victory at all costs.

Underwater Photography: With a passion for water types, Ed finds a passion in taking photos underwater. He's not a pro clearly, but he does look for the perfect angle when going underwater in Nimbasa with his parents. This gives him at least a foot in learning how to take proper pictures and helps create imaginative thoughts within his mind.

Calmness: Sort of like the calm before a storm, Ed can be completely calm during certain moments, especially when they're in his favor. This can range from conversations to eventually battles. Unlike his tense personality, he is usually calm and reserved, not one to let his emotions flare or let anyone else catch him in that particular mindset moodwise.

Weaknesses:

OCD: Yea, he suffers from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but in this case, it's the particular matter of cleanliness. While he's a bit of a wreck in keeping a well kept room, for example, he simply cannot stand it when he believes he has an order on him, so much he showers thrice a day and tries to avoid things he considers contaminants. As a kid, this includes the fabled cooties.

Electric Types: Amazing how a male can swim in water and get out of an ordeal with an angry Swampert, but when he seeks pokemon having a distinct jolt and surge throughout their body, he runs in the other direction. Ed isn't particularly fond of lightning and this fear stems off to Electric type pokemon. Because he's nervous around them, more so than his other weakness regarding bug type pokemon, he's more nervous to actually be around one. He doesn't even freak out over bug types as much as he does with these. He especially isn't overly fond of a particular thunder mouse, the male practically running for the hills when it's in sight.

Naivety: Ed can occasionally be naive, usually believing things that someone tells him even if he knows deep down they may be lying. It is to those reasons his parents warned him not to take advice from anyone he doesn't know, especially if they're older with dark intentions. To these reasons, he is selective about who he talks to.

Himself: Asides from pokemon types, he may be brilliant in some situations, but he can also be wreckless, especially when he's in a heated situation. This causes him to think a bit more irrationally. That in itself creates a chaotic battle.

Biography: Edguardo was originally born in the Hoenn region (Mauville City to be exact) from parents who were not particularly fond of the antics of apparent terrorists, especially those who were within their city's limits. They moved away from the Hoenn region and started anew, especially for Ed's sake who did not need to be around an environment of extremists who would recruit anyone for a blind cause. They felt it was best to leave those situations alone. Still, they enjoyed water type pokemon as it was one of the city's best traits and eventually that passed on to their son. Ed's first encounter with a pokemon, at least by wild standards, was during one of his lessons in swimming underwater. Random Mudkips were swimming about, their mother lurking a bit further behind. Of course in a defensive approach, she thought the male to be dangerous and thus the rampant Swampert came out. His parents fended it off, but one particular Mudkip decided to stick around a bit more than usual, following the family out of the water even, towards their home.

It wasn't until the next day they found the single pokemon lurking. As a kid, of course he's a bit naive, so the male thought nothing of the situation. Instead, like the Mudkip before him, they were just looking to be youthful and interact with nonhostile intentions. His parents only found it fitting to capture it, but not for themselves, rather for Ed. He was around the age to go on training, but with the laws in place for years and they themselves having their own professions, school seemed the likely option. They just weren't particularly fond of the schools in Unova and that brought them with the idea to send him to Ordell. He was taught in some basic learning skills, particularly about Water types and sports, where this was used as recreational purposes to keep him out of trouble.

Ed was warned of situations to avoid in case they ever were to arise around him, even telling them about the full situation in moving to another region in hopes that he avoids it. He is a bit naive, but the male does have a strong mind to form opinions. If they were not going to warn him of the dangers before hand, how was he to discern between right and wrong? Chances were he would not encounter them at school, but no place was safe despite all the barriers and pokemon most liked to hide behind. He would be in an area in which he would gain experience as well as be in a new environment in which to learn. Rather than letting the school determine a pokemon for him, his parents particularly strict about what kind of pokemon he could use, they felt the caught Mudkip was the perfect gift to send him off with. He's learned to bond with the pokemon so far, even going as far as to name it Krell (Which really holds no particular meaning asides that it reminds him of the sea)
      Hometown: Nimbasa City (Unova)
          ↦ Showcasing/Coordinating
          ↦ Sports (Particularly Soccer and Swimming)
          ↦ Strategy

Dislikes:
          ↦ Those who are abusive to pokemon; That in itself is self-explanatory.
          ↦ Lack of Commitment to a cause or more- He understands the typical promise that a person has to break when situations become a tad hard, but he ultimately believes a person's word is their bond.
          ↦Individuals he deems terrible- There are plenty of them out there, but nothing peeves him more when he's around a person who claims to have certain standards about themselves, but are ultimately a blatant lie.

S C H O O L - I N F O R M A T I O N (This information will be filled out later)

House:
      Dorm Room:
      Elective Classes:
      Clubs:
      Goals:

P O K E M O N
      ► P A R T Y
      User Image
        Pokemon: Mudkip (Nicknamed Krell)
        Friendship Points: 50
        User Image
        Level: 5
        Nature: Adamant
        Ability: Torrent
        Experience:
        Move Set:

► Tackle
            ► Water Gun
            ► Growl

I N V E N T O R Y (Do not fill in this section)
      ► P O K E B A L L S :

► M E D I C I N E :

► B E R R I E S :

► K E Y - I T E M S :

► M I S C E L L A N E O U S :

ⓄⓇⒹⒺⓁⓁ⊖ⒶⒸⒶⒹⒺⓂⓎ  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 5:16 pm
Klayko

Hello there I'm Prairie one of the VCs and I'll be reviewing your profile today ^^

While there are a lot of well written things here there are a few issues that need to be addressed:
xxxx► Age Students starting out this year are actually beginning at the ages of 10-11 so that will need to be changed along with his height and weight.
xxxx► Strengths and Weaknesses: Ed's strengths and weaknesses are reading as a battle profile more than for a person. Having pokemon types are your character's weakness is a little confusing since your character is not a pokemon. You can say that he dislikes these types for the reason being their stronger than his favorite type, but not as a personal weakness. There is a difference between like/dislikes and strength/weaknesses. Also having a strength for Coordination/Showcasing is defeating the purpose of going to a school to learn about it. Instead you could just put he has a creative mind as a strength? Also strategizing is another thing that needs to be changed because by referring to it he is referring to pokemon battles which is something he should not have any experience in even if he's watched dozens of battles on TV or via his parents exploits. Overall this section needs to be looked over and redone.
xxxx► Biography:The biography is well written but there is one big point that as the crew we cannot approve and that is being related to former members of team aqua. I apologize for the confusion since the rules have stated relations with canonical characters but we agree against the idea of being related to evil terrorist organizations.
xxxx► Mudkip: Mudkip cannot have his hidden ability.Only pokemon given out by the school have their hidden abilities. Torrent is Mudkips normal Ability.

I hope you can understand as to why these changes need to be made. Please quote me once you have made the appropriate changes.

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Summer Pride 100

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:41 pm
Prairiefox
Klayko

Hello there I'm Prairie one of the VCs and I'll be reviewing your profile today ^^

While there are a lot of well written things here there are a few issues that need to be addressed:
xxxx► Age Students starting out this year are actually beginning at the ages of 10-11 so that will need to be changed along with his height and weight.
xxxx► Strengths and Weaknesses: Ed's strengths and weaknesses are reading as a battle profile more than for a person. Having pokemon types are your character's weakness is a little confusing since your character is not a pokemon. You can say that he dislikes these types for the reason being their stronger than his favorite type, but not as a personal weakness. There is a difference between like/dislikes and strength/weaknesses. Also having a strength for Coordination/Showcasing is defeating the purpose of going to a school to learn about it. Instead you could just put he has a creative mind as a strength? Also strategizing is another thing that needs to be changed because by referring to it he is referring to pokemon battles which is something he should not have any experience in even if he's watched dozens of battles on TV or via his parents exploits. Overall this section needs to be looked over and redone.
xxxx► Biography:The biography is well written but there is one big point that as the crew we cannot approve and that is being related to former members of team aqua. I apologize for the confusion since the rules have stated relations with canonical characters but we agree against the idea of being related to evil terrorist organizations.
xxxx► Mudkip: Mudkip cannot have his hidden ability.Only pokemon given out by the school have their hidden abilities. Torrent is Mudkips normal Ability.

I hope you can understand as to why these changes need to be made. Please quote me once you have made the appropriate changes.

Hello Prairie. Nice meeting you and
-pokes your sig-
I think I may have said Welcome to AX before either in the guild or Skype chat, but if not, welcome! ^^

I took a look at what you listed and adjusted them accordingly. However, I do have a few contentions to what was suggested, particularly with the bio. Here, I shall assess them.

• Age: That in itself is not a particular problem. What I would like to know is if you all, as mods, are following a particular list that dictates what should be the normal height and weight of an 10-11 year old. That would help me in the long run, but one of Ed's things -he is my OC related to Pokemon situations- is that he's tall, being one of the tallest among his friends at a young age. So ideally, I chose one that would slightly tower over them, from the range of 4 foot 7 to 5 foot 2 and this comes from his sports background beginning to have a shape on his structure if you wish for me to explain the situation. That being said, is this an issue?

• Strengths and Weaknesses: There's no issue there for me. I adjusted them accordingly and hope they are better. As always, I am open to suggestions and am willing to comply if anymore need to be added.

• Biography: I gave it thorough thought and edited, but I would like for that to remain because it's meant to be a warning (a deep personal warning) for their son. I even went as far as to change them to being enthusiasts. I like this character as I have used him in other roleplays and guilds where they found no issue with mentioning such a past, so let me know if this edit is more appropriate. Furthermore, I know you apologized, but I find an issue in the matter of if you all have a disagreement with a matter, I apparently cannot touch a particular subject even though it cannot be found in the rules and other foundations you all kindly laid out. What's to say I created something else and another situation like this was to occur? That can be really confusing and chaotic on my end in trying to create an idea character for you all rather than for myself because I have no idea what can and cannot be accepted because there are no dictations to state otherwise o - o

• Mudkip: No issue here. I added what you requested of me.

Well, I think that about covers it on my end.

Kindest regards and look forward to responding to your post in AX as well as seeing you on Skype.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:29 pm
Klayko

-pokes your sig-
I think I may have said Welcome to AX before either in the guild or Skype chat, but if not, welcome! ^^

I took a look at what you listed and adjusted them accordingly. However, I do have a few contentions to what was suggested, particularly with the bio. Here, I shall assess them.

• Age: That in itself is not a particular problem. What I would like to know is if you all, as mods, are following a particular list that dictates what should be the normal height and weight of an 10-11 year old. That would help me in the long run, but one of Ed's things -he is my OC related to Pokemon situations- is that he's tall, being one of the tallest among his friends at a young age. So ideally, I chose one that would slightly tower over them, from the range of 4 foot 7 to 5 foot 2 and this comes from his sports background beginning to have a shape on his structure if you wish for me to explain the situation. That being said, is this an issue?

• Strengths and Weaknesses: There's no issue there for me. I adjusted them accordingly and hope they are better. As always, I am open to suggestions and am willing to comply if anymore need to be added.

• Biography: I gave it thorough thought and edited, but I would like for that to remain because it's meant to be a warning (a deep personal warning) for their son. I even went as far as to change them to being enthusiasts. I like this character as I have used him in other roleplays and guilds where they found no issue with mentioning such a past, so let me know if this edit is more appropriate. Furthermore, I know you apologized, but I find an issue in the matter of if you all have a disagreement with a matter, I apparently cannot touch a particular subject even though it cannot be found in the rules and other foundations you all kindly laid out. What's to say I created something else and another situation like this was to occur? That can be really confusing and chaotic on my end in trying to create an idea character for you all rather than for myself because I have no idea what can and cannot be accepted because there are no dictations to state otherwise o - o

Kindest regards and look forward to responding to your post in AX as well as seeing you on Skype.

We apologize for the wait. The crew and I have been discussing and we still agree that Team Aqua should be removed from the biography. As our captain, Shadow of Miracles, stated: "No characters are allowed to have any kind of connections -even as enthusiasts- to evil organizations."
You mention that they're giving their son a warning, but they don't have to be part of an evil organizations in order to tell their son to be careful/warn him of dangers.
We mention in the rules that characters cannot be related or affiliated with canon characters from the games/anime. While this appears vague it is implying that characters can't do this, even with evil organizations.

Also after re-reading the changes I'm sorry to say but "He is above all a male with a keen intellect, knowing how to create a situation in a battle to his favor" will also need to be worked out because once again- he should have no battle experience right now. Grass types should be moved to the dislike section since really it just sounds like he dislikes them not that its something his character needs to work on. Like I said in my previous review the strength and weakness sections are not for battle they are for personal ups and downs to him as a character, not as a battler because again- no student has battle experience.

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:55 pm
Prairiefox
Klayko

-pokes your sig-

We apologize for the wait. The crew and I have been discussing and we still agree that Team Aqua should be removed from the biography. As our captain, Shadow of Miracles, stated: "No characters are allowed to have any kind of connections -even as enthusiasts- to evil organizations."
You mention that they're giving their son a warning, but they don't have to be part of an evil organizations in order to tell their son to be careful/warn him of dangers.
We mention in the rules that characters cannot be related or affiliated with canon characters from the games/anime. While this appears vague it is implying that characters can't do this, even with evil organizations.

Also after re-reading the changes I'm sorry to say but "He is above all a male with a keen intellect, knowing how to create a situation in a battle to his favor" will also need to be worked out because once again- he should have no battle experience right now. Grass types should be moved to the dislike section since really it just sounds like he dislikes them not that its something his character needs to work on. Like I said in my previous review the strength and weakness sections are not for battle they are for personal ups and downs to him as a character, not as a battler because again- no student has battle experience.

No worries. I wasn't aware additions were made to the rules. edit: Oh you all put them in last night. Got it!

Your post provided what was missing and I edited accordingly. Let me know if they're any better or worse. Gotten so used to actual strengths and weaknesses to a more seasoned character, I have a hard time discerning properly, so apologies if it's not fully clicking right now sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:02 pm
Klayko

That's okay basically all the students here are blank slates (best term I can think of right now) when it comes to the world of pokemon and being a trainer and the rp opens the door to discover and learn all those future strengths and work on their weaknesses ^^ IT"S A FUN ADVENTURE emotion_kirakira

Since he has Krell along from home he will have 1 heart of friendship filled.

Here are your character's classes:
- Morning: Outdoor Class
- Afternoon: Technology & Science Class

You may add the following items to his inventory, please make sure to keep track of your items:

- 1x User Image
- 10x User Image
- User Image with Pokedex, Calling, Texting, Camera and Video Availability

You may catch a pokemon, but please make sure to read over the Guides for more details about catching pokemon as well as other things in the guild including Club registrations.

At the moment, Pokemon catching has been put on hold due to the Festival happening in the Lamia District. Please post your character in Lamia only. In order to not make things confusing, you may say that your character has been attending the academy for at least two weeks meaning he is still new, but he more or less knows some things about the academy.

Please make sure to read the events that have been happening in the Lamia district so that you post your character in the appropriate place. Thank you for joining Ordell! ^^  

Prairiefox
Vice Captain

Astral Bunny

21,275 Points
  • Summer Pride 100

Shadow of Miracles
Captain

Friendly Seeker

6,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:00 pm
Klayko

Sorry for not pointing this out sooner, but it slipped our minds while making the final reviews on your profile.

Please change his height to 5ft as that is the max height that we can give him and he can still be considered "tall"

You mention a range of 4'7'' to 5'2'' so I will assume that this change will not be a problem. You may also change the weight to match this new height, but that is up to you.

Thank you and have a good day.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:47 pm
Shadow of Miracles
Klayko

Sorry for not pointing this out sooner, but it slipped our minds while making the final reviews on your profile.

Please change his height to 5ft as that is the max height that we can give him and he can still be considered "tall"

You mention a range of 4'7'' to 5'2'' so I will assume that this change will not be a problem. You may also change the weight to match this new height, but that is up to you.

Thank you and have a good day.

No worries. I adjusted it.

Thanks and same to you.  

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:46 pm
Through the years...(Just a few designs I had of him, cropped from the full versions)

Youngish
User Image

(Junior to Senior Year and a little on up)
User Image

(minus the Marine logo)

User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:12 pm
Dream Team Down the Road (Possibly)

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Other Possibilities (Some being when he comes out of his little fear for Electric Types)

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image  

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:57 pm
Possible Outcomes
•Explores sexuality as he gets older, resulting in him becoming bi-curious
↘️ Said experience could also leave him remaining heterosexual
•Develops a fondness for Steel, Dark, and Ghost types to make a blend with his Water and Ice after having a crushing defeat against a Grass Type user.

•His fears over Electric types fade when he encounters a wild Chinchou

•More to be added once I can think of them <_____>  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:05 pm
Klayko

New Friendship Points distributed to:

Mudkip User Image 60 FP  

X Kaos X
Vice Captain

Anxious Character

45,200 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cookie Collector 400