Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Francis Chan: Christians Will Be Relevant If...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:38 pm
Francis Chan: Christians Will Be Relevant If They Become Rejects, Stand With Jesus

WASHINGTON — Popular pastor and New York Times bestselling author Francis Chan urged thousands of Christians gathered on the National Mall Saturday to stand together as "rejects" in the face of the world.

Chan, the founder of Radius International and former teaching pastor of Cornerstone Community Church in Simi Valley, California, took the stage at Together 2016, an all-day gathering that featured about 40 popular Christian speakers, artists, authors and performers organized by Pulse and its founder Nick Hall.

As Hall told the crowd earlier in the day that Jesus was offering America a "reset," Chan, the author of Crazy Love, told the gathering in the late afternoon that the church needs a reset.

"I think we all agree that the church needs a reset in a lot of ways," the 48-year-old Chan said in the sweltering heat. "We have become somewhat irrelevant, sadly. But the path to relevance is not by trying to fit in. It's by standing out. It's is not be becoming popular but it is by becoming rejected."

Continue reading.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:34 pm
Garland-Green

I agree we need to stand with Jesus, but we must not take 'popular' media at its claims. Put their words against those of the Lord Himself. If they align with His Word, then follow... otherwise, pray, pray, pray, and when tired, pray some more!!  

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:39 pm
TsukikuroiMai
Garland-Green

I agree we need to stand with Jesus, but we must not take 'popular' media at its claims. Put their words against those of the Lord Himself. If they align with His Word, then follow... otherwise, pray, pray, pray, and when tired, pray some more!!

Did you see anything when reading the article that did not agree with Scripture?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:58 pm
Garland-Green
TsukikuroiMai
Garland-Green

Did you see anything when reading the article that did not agree with Scripture?

Not really, but I do that with everything, for the most part, lol.  

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:15 pm
TsukikuroiMai
Garland-Green
TsukikuroiMai
Garland-Green

Not really, but I do that with everything, for the most part, lol.

I agree with your means of testing the validity of claims. 3nodding "Put their words against those of the Lord Himself." It is sound advice.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games