[PRP] [B] Hopefully Prepared... [Breath of Life x Acorn]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:36 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Breath of Life was in line to be a father again. He’d only just found out, and immediately the fluttering had started in his stomach. He was more excited and nervous than he’d have expected, given he’d already done this once; apparently that didn’t change a thing. The first thought he’d had is that he needed to find some berries or an herb or something to bring to a legendary, if he could find one, so that it could be blessed and he could bring it to Home to Stay for the little ones…

Wasn’t that how it worked? That was how his last blessing had worked. He hadn’t known what to do the first time, and even then it was the stag who had offered a sprig of mint, so perhaps Breath of Life didn’t need to bring anything? But he wanted to make the process as easy as possible for everyone involved, he didn’t want to inconvenience any of the Motherfather’s chosen for a blessing. He wanted to appear more knowledgeable than he actually was – he wished he knew exactly where to find someone, exactly what was needed, and that everything could go as smoothly as possible.

To that end, he decided that he would gather a decent amount of berries, just in case. He gathered them in a shell, and carried that shell with him while as he went out to wander the swamp and look for any mare or stag he could find that might be able to help him. Without a solid direction to head, the best he could do was hope to encounter a mare or a stag willing to help. He also silently asked the Motherfather for help locating such a one; it certainly couldn’t hurt to ask…

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:11 pm
User Image

Acorn had been following this path for several days, Moonflower had decided they'd have better luck if they sit up. So her, her daughter and Minstrel had each picked a road and gone to see what stories or traditions they could learn.

She was standing at a crossroads, wondering which way to go, when Acorn saw a buck down one path, caring something something. Curious, Acorn let's this decide and turns down the path, calling out to him, "Hello!"

Mika_Yumi

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:13 pm
The spotted buck was following a fairly leisurely path through the swamp. Motivated as he was, he was trying to remain calm and steady and not possibly miss an opportunity by rushing by it. Though, that was something to contemplate – being too fast meant you could pass something, but being too slow meant you might just miss something that was waiting up ahead.

But it seemed that choosing the slow path might have worked, as a voice called out from down the path a ways to greet him. It came from a very pretty kiokote, who he realized was also quite small as she approached, and whose eyes also glowed intensely. Her stature was tiny, but her presence was somehow larger, and Breath of Life wondered if he had already gotten so lucky.

“Hello,” he set his shell of berries aside and called back a bit hesitantly, a surprised and somewhat amused smile crossing his face, “You are one of the Motherfather’s Chosen, are you not? My, you are so small~” He blinked at himself, “Oh, I’m sorry – I don’t mean to be rude.” He almost explained that he had just never seen such a small kin, aside from watching his own kids grow, but that was probably self-evident. He just hoped he hadn’t embarrassed himself too much already…

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:31 pm

When she was younger being called small would have been the same as issuing a challenge, a race or other such competition to prove her worth. Time and maturity had changed that, especially since this buck doesn't seem to mean anything by the comment.

"I am." Acorn answers, eyeing the turtle shell he'd set down. "Out berry picking?" she asks, wondering if perhaps there is some tradition or ceremony that uses berries. She'd been in the swamp for years but Acorn is sure that despite all her curiosity and learning, there's still much she doesn't know.

Mika_Yumi

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:55 pm
It was a relief when the small kiokote agreed and said no more of his comment. He gave a small smile and a nod, then followed her eyes to his berry collection.

“Oh! Well, I was, yes. I…” He looked back at her and wondered how exactly to broach the subject. Last time he had been fairly straight-forward, and that could be the best approach, though for some reason after his ‘small’ comment he was feeling self-conscious about immediately asking outright for help. But he wasn’t sure he had much choice otherwise, or a better transition.

“Well, I’m about to be a father – well, again – and I hoped that I could procure a blessing for the little ones on their way. And I’ve only done this once before, but when I did, the stag I encountered gave me some mint for my doe to eat to pass on the blessing. So I thought that maybe I would come prepared this time – and if whomever I found also wanted some berries as thanks, well, I brought enough in case of that, too.” He looked back at the collection of berries, “It… well, it may be a bit much, but it’s better to be prepared than to find yourself wanting, I suppose.” He tried to offer a confident smile, more confident in his statement than perhaps in his actual preparations.

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:02 am

Acorn looks between the buck and the berries, slightly puzzled. No one had told her she needed to bless something to pass the blessing on. Not that she'd asked, but surely the MotherFather would have mentioned it? Is it only when the buck seeks the blessing? There could be something to that, she thinks.

"To be honest I have not been doing this very long. I didn't even know we were supposed to bless food when it's the father come asking." Acorn says, peering into the shell, wondering how exactly this all works. "Did the stag do any sort of ritual as he blessed the mint sprig?" she asks.

Mika_Yumi

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:13 pm
He was pleasantly surprised that she didn’t seem affronted by his round-about request for a blessing. She seemed rather curious, actually. Unfortunately, he wasn’t sure that he had all the answers she wanted or needed. He shook his head lightly at the mare’s question.

“No, not that I noticed. There was a bird that plucked it from a garland he was wearing and brought it to him, but no ‘ritual’…” He glanced at the berries and sat to consider, “Though… he also wished me well at the time… I don’t know if food is necessary. You’ve probably been doing just fine.” He looked up at her with a (hopefully) reassuring smile. “I’ve done this even less than you have, so I would trust your instinct more than mine…”

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:36 pm

Acorn mulls this over, perhaps blessing food is a regional thing. After all, the other two bucks hadn't come looking to complain. At the very least, she hadn't done it wrong. But not being wrong isn't the same as being right. Unless it's something that has no right and wrong way.

Deciding to just do what worked for him last time, and resolving to find a chosen after this to question, Acorn picks a berry from the shell. She doesn't just grab one at random, instead Acorn search for the perfect one, examining each for color, scent and texture. Finally she sets one on a flat rock, looking between fruit and buck. "May your children always be prepared."

Done she nods at the berry. "I'm not sure it's required, but just in case I have been doing it wrong, take this to the mother."

Mika_Yumi

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:51 am
The slight doe seems to consider what he’s said, but doesn’t respond in any verbal sort of way. Instead, she begins to examine the provided berries, apparently also deciding on a ‘better safe than not’ approach to the situation. She is very careful in choosing a berry, though she does not share what qualities she is looking for. Breath of Life decides to sit as he waits patiently for her to decide how to proceed.

When the proper berry is finally found, she sets it on a rock and looks between it and Breath of Life. He stands, feeling that perhaps that is better to pay respect and attention to the situation at hand, facing the doe and the berry that she has chosen. Preparedness is – well, quite appropriate, given his approach on this day. He offers a grateful smile and bows his head a bit.

“Thank you ever so much.” He blinks at the veritable abundance of berries left, “Would you like to have some of the other berries? You are more than welcome to them, if you should like…” He was happy to provide any thanks, and if he only needed the one berry… well, he hoped that Home to Stay would enjoy as many berries as she would like, but she could certainly spare some of what was left in the shell. He only had to make sure that he kept track of the one berry, at least.

sheepcakes

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:50 am

"You're quite welcome." she says with a smile and nod. "How sweet, yes thank you." Acorn replies to his offer of berries. Grabbing a leaf she sets it beside the shell, picking a few berries out and setting them on the leaf.

"It was a pleasure meeting you. Have a safe journey home." Acorn says, wrapping the leaf around the berries and, picking up the parcel, heads back down the road.

Mika_Yumi

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Mika_Yumi

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:46 pm
Breath of Life gave a proud sort of smile when she accepted the berries offered, glad that he gathered enough extra to be able to offer. Yes, being prepared was a good thing, what a wonderful blessing for the little ones to have. When the mare finished collecting her berries and prepared to leave, Breath gave another dip of his head.

“Quite a pleasure meeting you. Thank you again, ever so much.” He watched her retreat back down the way she came, then turned to his remaining berries. Taking a slight suggestion from her, he found a small leaf to keep the blessed berry separate from the others, in case it should be for any reason. He placed a small leaf along the side, and tucked the blessed berry behind it.

“Now,” he sighed, “Home.” With that, he picked up his shell once more and turned back to find his doe…

sheepcakes
[ Thank you, Sheepie! <3 ]

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces