Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Long Waited Answer (Bitter Heartbeat x Grumble)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The idea had seized him, unironically, in a dream. A ball of fur with a complaining growl high up in the trees as he stood below. Legends spoke of this creature, called it a minibear but he had never seen or heard one. A dream, a myth... He hoped not but then he had other important tasks to tend to.

Lull in Sunlight had found him. She had had her own dream, a vision from the Motherfather that presented her with a mission. He'd felt the urge to spread the call before she had even finished talking and so he had gone, speaking of a journey out of the swamp to the plains of their kiokote cousins. Shock and stares, laughter, fear had all greeted him as kin listened. Believers and non-believers had left him to follow the directions to the mare who was awaiting them. And he'd continued to spread word.

Yet as his steps grew closer to his destination, he began to think about creatures that were named but had not been seen. If they were real, where might he find one? If they weren't, then what did it mean? Was there another name, another creature? Perhaps he had misunderstood the dream and it was nothing more than what it seemed; what if he hadn't, though. A minibear...

"Where might you be..." his voice wondered aloud. The word felt light on his tongue, like that of his caiman soul. A weightlessness that promised experience, self-knowledge, that would unbind any weight that held him down. The doubts that sometimes stirred in the middle of the night would be quieter, quelled, with this new piece uncovered, named, and fitted into himself. And yet that was only if it was real. Not myth. And he knew not which one it was. Motherfather help him.

thyPOPE
I figured we could have them meet before the expedition or while BH is spreading the word about it since the meta is still going on.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:24 pm
First to Strike and Grumble had heard, from Resistance, of a gathering of kin for some kind of expedition, but they didn't really know the details.

Honestly, other than his family, First to Strike didn't care much about kin. Okay, well - they were fine. It wasn't like he hated kin! But they could handle themselves. They could speak. He didn't really need to help them, right? He had no need to champion their cause.

At his side Grumble gave an affirmative rumble, as though he agreed. That was unlikely - he'd probably actually spotted some berries stuck in the mud. A bear after First to Strike's own heart. He grinned, nudging the little guy over, and looked, too. Even though he was himself certain that Grumble had things to say, the problem was that he still wasn't too great at deciphering bear growls. "Onward, to treasure and glory!" he declared, tossing his mane. "First to Strike and Grumble, his mighty bear second, scour the swamp!"

anemosagkelos
I'm so sorry about this! I got caught up in the meta and then just plum forgot afterwards T__T

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:33 pm
The stag's ears twitched as the sound of a rumble floated towards him. Not long after a voice and he felt a twinge of hope. Bear. It was coming from just ahead and off to the left, perhaps seeking out the beginning of the expedition. He rather hoped so; that meant they would be going in the same direction.

Hopeful, he increased his pace and headed after the voice and more importantly the rumble. It had seemed to him, like something of a growl, but then for all he knew, minibears didn't actually growl. He might find out soon enough as he approached where he thought he had heard the pair.

Ahead of him, he spotted a brown kiokote tail but saw nothing else at first. Perhaps he had been mistaken. With a pause, he wandered forward and--oh. Next to the buck--or so he assumed due to the timber of the voice--was a ball of fur. A creature he had never seen before.

"Excuse me," he began, "Are you two heading towards the expedition's start?"

thyPOPE
No worries; it's completely fine!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:31 pm
At the sound of the approaching stranger, Grumble darted off into the brush. He wouldn't stray very far, though, so First to Strike merely kept an eye out, until he heard the voice.

"Huh?" said First to Strike, who turned to see a bright red kimeti with a kickass beard, very pointy teeth, and a mane. That meant danger, right? Or maybe just ultimate levels of coolness. "Oh - the expedition? Is that today?"

Or maybe it just started somewhere farther out - somewhere a couple days away. He wasn't very sure. He didn't even know where the expedition was headed, just that they were traveling, somewhere, to find something. Who could know, really?

Grumble returned with the mud-covered berries, huddling around them protectively and beginning to eat, very smug.

anemosagkelos

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:53 pm
"Not today but soon," he offered, which was really quite vague. He knew that he was expected to be there to offer an extra stirring of courage to those who quelled under the idea of the journey. As he wasn't there yet, it couldn't be today, but it was hard to be sure. Time had a habit of morphing into a flow that was the opposite of what one wished it to be. "Are you planning on joining?"

His eyes strayed, a disappointment shifting down along his spine, when it seemed the minibear had gone. Perhaps it had never been there at all. Ah well, he could at least tell this buck more of the expedition if he was interested. That was something--a chuckle escaped him, relief mingled with amusement. He hadn't imagined it after all!

"You are resourceful and I'm much too wise to try stealing your food," he told Grumble. Pleased and blessed to see the creature was real. And, apparently, quite smart.

thyPOPE
reminder <3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:21 am
"I don't know," First to Strike. It wasn't that he was uninterested: no, while he liked exploring, he was still just a kiokote, from the plains. "I wouldn't know where to look! I'm from the plains, see." It might have been obvious from his shape - but then again, not all kiokote were plains-born, these days. And besides, he didn't often get involved in the affairs of kin. "I'd like to watch, if that can mean anything!"

He hadn't seemed to pay much attention to Grumble's antics. First to Strike was best friends with the guy, but that didn't mean they had to stick together literally all of the time. Sometimes one of them needed to scout trouble. Or to scout out food. He did notice Bitter Heartbeat talking to him, though. "Aww, you know Grumble!" he grinned. Or maybe he didn't, and just liked talking to bears. Either way this guy was a lot more credible already. "He's the best."

Grumble continued to eat, with only an occasional glance back up at the pair of bucks.

anemosagkelos
QvQ <33

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:08 pm
A vague statement for a vague statement it seemed. Although it wasn't entirely unfounded. The buck however was in luck as the stag knew where the starting part was. It helped of course that he knew the mare wouldn't leave without him. He was meant to make sure the group continued and no one faltered or began to lag.

"You can come with me to the starting point and observe. If you decide to join us, all the better, and if not, you lose nothing at all." It was a compromise that offered the kiokote time enough to consider without forcing him into any decision. "For your trouble, I am sure there is something I could offer should it turn out to be a wild goose chase."

The grin widened, "He is quite extraordinary. I could only hope to be lucky enough to call him an acquaintance." He chuckled slightly, "How rude of me, I have yet to introduce myself. I am Bitter Heartbeat." He bowed his head, fringe falling to cover his glowing eyes briefly before he looked up again.

thyPOPE

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff