[FIN] [B] Uncertainties Abound [EBark + Bitter Heartbeat]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ember Bark slipped between the trees, curious but unsure. The great red buck was the first legendary he'd ever laid eyes on. He bit his lip awkwardly, and turned his gaze back to home, where he hoped Hanging Vines was still asleep, so that he could return home with a nice surprise. He sighed, and then stepped out from the trees, flicking his tail like a squirrel out of habit. I need a better nervous twitch, he thought dryly to himself.

"Hello there," he said, as cheerily as he could, though feeling the ice in his feet. His voice was almost always chipper regardless of how he felt. Energy seemed to pulse right through him. "I was wondering if I could have a short chat with you. I promise I won't take up too much of your time. At least I hope." Unless I'm an idiot, then maybe, he thought additionally through his smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The stag raised his head, eyes taking in the great antlers and large fluffed tail of the acha, before smiling warmly, "You may." The voice was calm and welcoming towards the nervous father-to-be. It was what he excelled at, a measure of composure that acted as a steady island in the turbulent waters of anxiety. At least he hoped he did.

"Do not worry about the time," he added, "Please, take all that you need." With his full attention on the buck he sat and waited. He had a feeling he could foresee at least a blessing being asked for but what exactly this father to be would want... He considered.

-- Piggybuns --
You're welcome!

anemosagkelos

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:02 pm
He paused a moment to regain his thought, and then concluded he should just shoot for it. "So I met a doe, and she's sweet..." He flicked his eyes up awkwardly and realized the stag already knew all this. He felt a little embarrassed and warm in the cheek, but he continued. "She wants some little ones. And I adore little stick-legged, lanky balls of energy. So we were hoping for some eggs. I would definitely stick around while they grew up, I'm not sure about her." He could already see the ideas dancing in his head. The hiking trips, the hunting, the games, the events and festivals, the excitement of holidays, the possibilities of more fluffy tails like his and the the beautiful greens and markings their mother had. He tried to bite back his smile, but it puffed out his cheeks ridiculously.

"I brought you something, too," he added hastily, almost forgetting. He tugged off a folded up, giant leaf on his back, and placed it on the ground. "There is some powder inside that if you mix with water, will make a very vivid, and lovely violet paint. It holds for a long time too before the rain eventually washes it away, but if you ever need more, I can always collect it. It comes from the stamen in a specific flower nearby, and I can't seem to find very many of them so it's relatively rare." He perked up and showed him a bit of hoof that he'd goofingly painted, still nice and bright. "I uh, I did that about two weeks ago... it's... still stuck," he said with a cheeky grin.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:22 pm
Amused, he nodded along until the buck realized that yes, he did know that already. It was quite a nice introduction, though. He almost wanted to seek out his Wolf Parade to ask if she might be interested in another bunch of little ones. This first, he supposed. Then maybe...

"Parents come in all shapes and forms, mothers and fathers, mothers, fathers, siblings, guardians," he assured. One could be enough. He knew many sacs were abandoned altogether and were left to grow alone.

"I brought you something," the sentence surprised him and he blinked as the leaf was placed on the ground. He had little experience with tokens given in exchange but the thought was kind. Just as the paint intrigued him.

"A fine gift," he said, genuine, and then chuckled kindly at the acha's painted hoof. "What is it you wish for your children?"

-- Piggybuns --

anemosagkelos

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:46 pm
He was glad that he seemed to pleased with it, and hoped it'd come in handy for him sometime later. Half of his trees in his slice of home were absolutely covered in paint now...

What sorts of things did kin normally wish for, he pondered. There was always health and happiness, but he decided to take it a step further. "I wish for them to each find their niche doing exactly what they love, and to be great at it. I hope they see amazing things, and spread that heart far and wide in everything they do," he said, still daydreaming of all the fun they'd have, scampering through trees and mud. "I'm also hoping they come home once in a while when they grow up. Getting old is getting old," he said, though he wasn't nearly old at all.

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:08 pm
"Well said," he agreed and then quieted, thinking through how to phrase things. "In addition to health and strength, your children shall find their purpose and talents lie in their hobbies. Their love shall be boundless, as will their desire to explore. Yet they will always know that home, with their father and family, is where to truly find their hearts." Oh, that was good, he thought.

With a grin, that spoke of how pleased he was with himself, "Something like that?" he asked.

-- Piggybuns --

anemosagkelos

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 2:41 pm
"Absolutely perfect," he beamed with a nod. "Now hopefully I won't be stuck by myself all day, bored, under the tree after all the good times we're going to have," he hoped optimistically, and then bowed to the legendary with a folded leg as low as his horns would allow him to bend his neck. "Thank you so much. I hope the paint works well for you, and I can't tell you how much I appreciate your help. Hanging Vines is going to love this when I get back and tell her!"

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:17 pm
"I do try," he grinned. He offered a nod to the buck, "You're welcome and thank you, for the paint. I shall put it to good use." Or would once he figured out what that was. With a smile, he took the leaf and ambled on his way.

-- Piggybuns --

anemosagkelos

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces