Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
"Single Christians Can Have 'Mutually Pleasurable sex."

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:48 am
Pastor Who Says Single Christians Can Have 'Mutually Pleasurable' Sex Doesn't See Bible as God's Infallible Word

BY LEONARDO BLAIR , CHRISTIAN POST REPORTER

The Rev. Bromleigh McCleneghan, the married mother of three and associate pastor for ministry with families at Union Church of Hinsdale in Illinois, who argues that single Christians can have sex as long as it's "mutually pleasurable and affirming," says she doesn't interpret the Bible as God's infallible Word.

"I profess Jesus as the Word of God, and the Bible as a witness to His life, ministry, death and resurrection. Which is to say that I take it seriously as a living witness, but also as a historic document written in a particular time and place," McCleneghan said in a Q&A via email with The Christian Post on Tuesday.

McCleneghan, who is advocating that single Christians can have sex in moderation in her new book, Good Christian Sex: Why Chastity Isn't the Only Option — And Other Things the Bible Says About Sex, also responded to criticism from CP readers about the subject of her book.

Continue reading.

Comment:To say it is a faithful witness about Jesus Christ, but as soon as it talks about something historical or moral then it is incomprehensible to our time is being double minded. All parts of the Bible are equally authoritative and important.

Matthew 10:40
"Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me.

We are being unfaithful and sending Jesus away if we don't welcome the witnesses He has sent us.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 9:21 am
edited
She is a Jezebel.

• Revelation 2:20 (NIV)

20 Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.

...not only for the sexual immorality she teaches, but teaching false notions of God. It is also idolatry to worship false ideas / false gods / false beliefs.

cristobela
Vice Captain

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces