Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[FIN] [PRP-T] Break A Leg (Jester + Prize)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

About the millisecond after returning from the trip to the Obelisk, Jester had remembered that the leaders of their trip had been a part of the Royal Rainbow Troupe, a group of entertainers here in the swamp. Since he'd lost sight of his family, and which was mostly okay, he knew they'd be fine on their own, he'd concluded he needed to find his own place in the land. He stretched and asked questions until he found the general direction in which to travel, and set out, hoping that his bad jokes and puns, and generally weird ability to bend in uncomfortable ways would impress at least to some degree, for the possibility of acceptance.

The acha buck strode up with his head held high, and with a swagger in his step. Surely he could do it... right? It was just as common as any other act of entertainment he'd done thus far. A whole life in the past training and playing for those around him as a foal. It couldn't be too hard now, could it? He shook himself loose, fluffed out his fur, and put up the familiar mental block to fear in regards to crowds. When he was sure he was ready, he strode into the Royal Rainbow Troupe's territory, seeking out Prize. Someone had told him that this was the doe he needed to talk to in order to impress and join, not the kiokote doe, Tender or her mother, Red-Stained Blossom, or even the kiokote buck who had been along on the trip, Watch Me. He sucked in some air, puffed up his cheeks, and blew it out slowly, walking as confidently as he could, the quiet, hollow rattling in his horns the only sound aside from snapping twigs in the swamp.

"Hello there! Is this the Royal Rainbow Troupe? I'm uh... I'm looking for a doe named Prize. Has anyone seen her?" He stumbled partway through, and felt himself trip on a rock under his feet, hearing a slight bit of snickering around him as he did so. He grinned awkwardly and righted himself then, glad at least in some way that it had been funny.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:56 am

It took quite a few shrugged, some bad directions and then one honest answer before anyone directed Jester to the right Acha.

Prize was busy inspecting the props for an upcoming play.

You must be joking,” she snapped, looking down at the painted log that was supposed to represent a caiman. “It doesn’t look anything like one. Watch Me might let you get by with shoddy work but I won’t. Do it again.

The scolded Acha scampered away.

Ridiculous.

Pigxels

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:39 pm
Jester heard the doe speak, and then tilted his head. He could definitely tell this kin was her, especially in the authority she spoke in. Getting things done for large productions and shows was hard, and unless everything was perfect, the audience could always tell. His parents had kicked that into his head all his life. He smirked sheepishly and then pranced up, showing his best stance and holding his head high with the goofiest grin he could manage. It was really tricky to look the part, and still manage to hold grace and confidence at the same time.

"Why, hello there, miss. I heard your name is Prize, and if so, you're just the acha I've been looking for," He tipped his head side to side, and bowed, careful to keep the fuzz rings on his feet from the mud. "My name's Jester! I'm... a jester. I fear my mind wasn't entirely of the creative sort when it came to names. In any case, I'm hoping I could convince you to allow me into your lovely tribe," he added, and then arched his back, flinging his legs into the air almost like levitating them until his back feet touched the archs of his horns, and then went a step further by managing to stick hooves under them and out the other side, his tail only a foot from his face, and swinging gleefully. "I'm a contortionist, and I dance, and I'm good at sharp wit and joking insults, and I love puns. But I'm awful at jokes for some reason," he added. May as well get the ironic elephant out of the room.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:09 pm
Prize turned her head to look at the Acha as he pranced over, not at all pleased with the interruption. When he proceeded to show off his little trick, she remained highly unimpressed and even rolled her eyes.

"Fine. Congratulations, you’ve met the basic requirement; you’re an Acha." There was no point turning him away, if the second Watch Me came home, he would let the guy join anyway. "You’re not the first contortionist we’ve got, so don’t expect me to make space in the new show for you. You’ll have to wait your turn."

Pigxels
pst, the parents don't name their kids ;D just in case you don't know.

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:22 am
He tilted his head, and widened his eyes. He unhooked his feet from his horns, his legs nearly like jelly, and then slowly righted himself. Was there anything else he was good at? There had to be. Prize was the perfect definition of a tough crowd, and if he couldn't crack her, then he couldn't crack an audience. Acha in the desert were far more prone to merrymaking and laughter, but the swamp was clearly a lot harder. Jester chewed on everything he was taught to do. The next bit he understood were puns and insults but that wasn't the wisest idea. He had to do something, in or not. His nature wouldn't allow him to simply give up at the opportunity to merely join, especially at mediocrity. Not with something he grew up with, that he was certain he had a place for.

That's when he had an idea. He smiled at her, and then backed up pretty far away before he started a fast dash toward the tree behind her. He bolted, managed to run up the side, did a backflip in midair, and then landed on the first thin branch below him, gracefully. He snapped off the small branch above him, and held it between his teeth for balance, strolling along the branch slowly before dropping down onto one of the thick hanging vines that stretched to the tree opposite, and began to march. It had been a long time since he'd done something similar to the high-vine, but he was sure he could pull it off. He used the stick for balance and watched his feet carefully to avoid tripping, and when he finally reached the low swinging part of the vine, did a side-flip back onto the swamp floor, tossing the stick in his mouth in the air, and then kicking it in the air so that it landed sharp side down into the mud. He landed next to it with a simple pose and grin.

"Also, I can do that..." he hoped with a ridiculous quirk of his neck.

R uriska

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:27 am
If anything, Prize looked even less impressed than last time. This was a waste of her time; time which she would rather be spending lounging and eating blackberries.

"Tell me one thing," she said, her tone dry as the desert from which she’d walked here from, "do you intend to persistently keep showing off your silly tricks until I let you join the show?"

Pigxels
probably should have waited for watch me, he'd be crying from the display of excellence. 8P prize, not so much

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:20 pm
Jester blinked and tilted his head at her. The itch to get under her skin was real... He resisted as best he could, but he was sure his eyes and his cheek-dimpling grin gave him away, at least a little. "But of course," he managed to sputter, ridiculously. "I can't very well give up, can I? Tough crowds do happen, sadly." What he said was true, but he still couldn't help but want to poke the bear at least once. Folks who were hard to make laugh made for good reactions. He bit a lip and waggled his eyebrows. "I mean unless you like me enough to have me follow you around, trying to impress you...?"

The look was plain on her face and once he'd gotten his mask he was pretty proud. He put it on and deigned to never take it off, as obnoxiously as he possibly could, and then skipped off around the grounds to meet everybody. Being annoying seemed to occasionally work, he smirked.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games