Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Brave Sunflower Child (Lull in Sunlight x Fluke)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:10 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Not counting the few moments--three to be precise--that circumstances had interfered, Lull in Sunlight had found a relatively blessing-free life quite satisfying. She'd immersed herself in study, absorbing information about various creatures that intrigued her. And while a fair few had turned out to be dinner instead--lemurs were terrible subjects with atrocious manners--there were those that she thought had value. Today it was lions.

The large felines were impressive hunters and yet she marveled at how they wasted the day largely sleeping in the sun's rays. It was a strange thing to see and it made the cogs in her mind turn. What was it that they knew, that they could stay so calm and relaxed and downright lazy as the sun traveled through the blue sky?

She had gone through a variety of changes in life. Sac to foal to filly to doe to mare. Kimeti to owlcat to gryphon. Student to master to student. It seemed she did little else but transform. And now was no different. She'd been a student who had gone idle when ascending to one of the mythical Legendaries and then gone back to being a student when she realized how she had idled. Now she was a student, going overboard in making up for lost time. But these cats, they purposefully wasted time. The answer would have to wait, she knew, as the sense of being needed crashed into her like a freezing cold wave.

The intensity knocked the breath from her lungs and on instinct she morphed into the gryphon form that had been granted to her. Feathers ruffling she hopped into the air and began to fly, slow and low, towards the feeling. Forget lions; this kin was somehow extraordinary. That much was clear. And for once, she wanted to meet them.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:24 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.The crocodile lead, anxious, agitated. Ward would lunge forward and then turn back around, circle the doe and lunge forward again. Her soft words didn't soothe the creature like usual, but would draw the opalescent protector to her side from time to time. There was only so much either of them could do, given her unwavering intent to find help for the lives she was now responsible for.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Fluke had heard whispers of those that could bless the unborn, and given her handicap, she knew it was a risk -- but being pregnant was a risk, caring for children she could not see was a risk, spending time with Sylph had been a risk. The best thing in her life was coming from risk, and risk wasn't going to stop her.

The blind doe picked her way through unfamiliar territory, belly swollen and heavy with her unborn children that she knew she'd give senses or limbs to protect. Her journey to find a myth might have been testament enough, but she had to come to terms with the fact that she might not find anything at all -- and she'd have to birth the babies in unfamiliar territory, far from their father. She hoped Sylph would forgive her, if it came to that.

Her journey came to an abrupt halt as Ward hissed a soft warning. Someone - or something - was near, someone that was putting the pale creature on edge. Fluke murmured soft words, lifting her vacant gaze to the sky, ears upturned. Friend or foe, she'd have to face it before she could move on with her precious cargo.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 pm
The gryphon was a mere shadow above them, having flown higher and faster as time progressed, but it was no surprise that the caiman might sense a change. Especially as her shadow, no matter how small, kept swirling around them as if trying to capture them in a ring of salt. And rather than find annoyance that she was known already, she felt her beak click in what she knew meant respect.

Whether the doe realized it yet or not, she had found what she was looking for and before the pair shimmered a black shadow that slowly bled into a pink and black mare. She appraised them, eyes bright and oddly warm, noticing quickly that the sight was only revealed to the caiman. Where normally this would alight the mischief that thrummed through her blood, today she was instead intrigued.

"You come all the way out here, with a caiman, when you have no idea where you might be?" the mare chuckled, what might be mistaken as derision. Until, "Aren't you brave?" floated into the air. And there was no mistaking the tinge of warmth, the impression of interest.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:25 am
The opalescent creature made a sound with jaws closed, careful, but seeming to concede to the Legendary's presence. Ward slunk to the side, near enough that Fluke could reach, but far enough to not interrupt.

Blind as she was, the doe could only marvel at what seemed like a large avian landing, that was then followed by a voice. Her ears lofted and her curiosity gave way to a smile, her tail curling in a gently pleased gesture of what she perceived to be a praise. "What wouldn't I do for my children?" she answered softly, good humor in her tone. "If there's a possibility I can give them the world, I will do it."

They deserved it. So did Sylph.

Fluke fell silent for a moment, unblinkingly gazing forward. "I am Fluke. Do you have wings, stranger? I heard...the beat of wings, but no longer." She took slow steps towards the voice, inquisitive, even with the detour to her unknown destination.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:31 pm
"Wings and paws, beaks and talons," she replied, relieved to find this doe was astute and full of reason. "Lull in Sunlight is my name, Fluke, and I am a Legendary. Kimeti, owlcat, gryphon, shadow," she grinned, "are my forms." Which was something she'd never told anyone before. They saw, of course, eventually but she'd never taken steps to reveal who she might be to them besides what they saw. Idiots, the lot of them.

The mare stepped forward, eyes turning to the caiman, "You are well protected. This one would do much to keep you safe. And while I have no worlds to give, I can help let them rule this one." She had no doubt these children would be bright. This doe was too smart and wise to let any fool plant seeds. The feeling was that he, too, was smart, but in a way she'd been once. Hiding was really a very underappreciated ability.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:54 pm
Her ears swiveled forward with interest and intrigue, taking another step towards the voice -- but the revelation washed over her in waves. Fluke's ears lowered to the side, her head lowering almost submissive - almost - before she righted herself again, her mouth set, her posture held even as her ears continued to betray her mindfulness and her tail curled in a respectful dip. "You -- you are who I seek," she said after a moment, a reflective tone in the words. "I had thought to find the ones I've heard whispers of, tales of, but I see now," a flicker of a smile formed at her own choice of words, "there is more than what you are, Lull in Sunlight. It is the who."

Owlcat, gryphon, shadow. This Kimeti touched plateaus she could only dream of, achieved something she had only thought of as story fodder. Lull in Sunlight had been born to the land, but now pooled where the sun couldn't touch just as easily as she could skirt the clouds.

Maybe that was the true blessing: a reminder of the joy of life, of what could be. Of the lives she was carrying, the lives they would become.

"Ward is as I've called. I trust them; my sight, taken, in more ways than one." Fluke chuckled softly, and after a moment, she continued her slow, steady reach towards the Legendary. Were she allowed to, her pale nose would seek the other's darker withers. "I am heavy with the children of a child of air, and I, a child of the land. Our children...are a miracle. I would do anything to protect them."

It was her way of saying she was willing to pay, however that may be. She could scarcely guess the desires of one bound by no sphere of influence.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:40 pm
Wise. It was a word that was not oft used to describe those around her. Even less those that came in hopes of children that were imbued with the blessings of a Legendary. And yet as she'd felt, she now was witness to the fact that this doe possessed wisdom. The mare's mouth twitched further into a grin.

"Such an intelligent doe to know who you seek and to have sought them. Even more to see." Sight was a useful sense but it was not required for intelligence, nor to even pierce the world. The land was shrouded in shadows that eyes could not detect past, irises blinded by basking in luminescence. A boon and yet a hindrance.

Briefly she took in the caiman's appearance once more; Ward suited him. And she did move as Fluke moved towards her. Rather she bent her knees, head dipping to catch the doe's chin. It was motherly, the way she let the doe's forward movement caress over her head as she skimmed the pale cheek.

"As would he, I believe," her voice came. "Air and land, the song of birds and the quickness of canopy dwellers." She hummed, lightly, a thought as she agreed that such children were miracles. "You'll do less than anything, for me, as you'll do everything for them."

The words came quick to her as she began to bless the children, "As you do, your children will see beyond what is right in front of them. As your hummingbird beau does, they shall have beauty ingrained in their spirits. Unfettered they shall grow and forge their own bonds as their parents have done. Most of all, they shall be wise and healthy." She could have gone on for longer, perhaps forever if she really considered it all, but it was enough for these offspring to build on. Enough for them to be miracle-workers themselves.

There was a brief silence. A thought, a wonder.

"In return, I shall accompany your for a short while. I think it rather fair, don't you?" she asked, a smile laced in her voice.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:47 pm
The touch over the other's fur was striking, electric in the way the air felt after a lightning strike, soothing in the way of a cool shadow in the oppressive heat of the day. It was the strangest and most delightful sensation, with with a soft exclamation of "Thank you," the doe listened to all that was said. The blessing - given freely, much to her surprise - was received with a quick, easy smile and a sweet expression that even the dullness of her blind gaze could not lessen the light therein.

"You bless not only our children, with such an opportunity," Fluke murmured softly, bowing her head in acknowledgement and gratitude. "I would be honored to walk at your side, Lull in Sunlight." Truly, was a name more apt for a kin than the mare she had met? The sweet scent of spring seemed prevalent on the Legendary composed of shadow and light, the likes of which soothed the mother-to-be. She turned with little difficulty and, with Ward ambling ahead in an understanding that needed no real spoken language, Fluke wore her brightest smile and began to carefully pick her way back the way she'd come.

As the Swamp gave way to the land she'd already tread, she turned her head slightly to the mare, asking, "If it's not too forward, I would love to hear of your stories, blessed one."

She could imagine no better way to share their time together.  

Chrystali

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:38 pm
From another it wouldn't have mattered, forward or not, she'd have razed them for such entitlement. This doe, however, had no such illusions and the mare had not invited herself along to bask in silence. No, she wanted to prolong the moment.

The connection she felt, it was almost maternal, without the worry that had sent her into frustrations with her first son and the perfectionism that had goaded her into molding her second daughter. (In that sense she'd never been meant to be a mother but now she knew the swamp in a way that eased the overworking of the mind.) They weren't equals nor was this one a pupil; rather they were contrarily similar. Symbiotic.

"I believe we both shall tell and listen," she admitted as she took her place beside the doe, a nod of acknowledgement tipped towards the caiman. And she would tell of things, "It feels like a lifetime ago that I was like you..." she began, voice oddly comforting as she told of being a child raised to be sweet, a doe who wore a mask and danced in shadow, a mother too nervous to raise children, a mother again terrified to not be there constantly, and so on.

And as she talked, painted a life that Fluke could see, she knew there were things she needed to do with her children. Eventually. For now, she was Fluke's not-mother. It was perhaps as free as she'd ever been.  
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games