[Blessing] A-tact! (Acorn x Toxin)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.This was it. This was for real. Toxin's friend, By the River, had made definite overtures which left no doubt in the buck's mind that she was angling to mate with him. Or maybe she had been responding to his signals? That thought was enough to fluster him, and was clearly not the point. What mattered– what really mattered– was that if he didn't balk at the direction things were going in, there would be babies.

And Toxin really, really didn't want to balk.

Instead, the buck had made his excuses to reconvene with her in a couple days, and had been charging forward into making preparations. A veritable hoard of food to distract her tortoise, some of her favourite fruit, carefully frozen in the autumn with help from a friend... and one last missing thing before the buck would feel truly ready for this endeavour.

A blessing.

With no idea where to find one of the MotherFather's blessed agents, the buck had been wandering, asking about and rather noisily making his presence known. Sooner or later, he'd have to find one.

After all, nobody had ever told him that they were a trial or a difficulty to come across.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:21 pm
User Image
Acorn had been out for a run, enjoying the cold air against her heated hide. But now it was time to walk it off, a nice stroll to cool down. Seeing a bright figure in the distance she call out a greeting, "Hello! Nice day for a walk?"  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:02 pm
Toxin was rather used to being happened upon, and had heard the rather tiny-sounding kiokote from some distance away.

"It's a lovely one!" the buck replied agreeable– "Especially for embarking upon a mission! You wouldn't happen to know if there are any stags or mares about, would you?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:39 pm
She grins at him, nodding. "I'm a mare! What're looking for? I can do blessings.. I dunno what else I can do, though. Aside from turn into a mongoose. Oh! And run really fast even in the swamp." Just one more thing to add to her list of finding someone to ask, what else can legendaries do?  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:45 pm
Toxin turned. "What? Really? You aren't too small to be a mare?" he blurted out, without a pause. She was smaller than he was! And he wasn't a particularly big zik!

"Not that you're too small to be you, or that mares have to be big, I just thought they'd be all majestic and big and maybe glowy or something."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:01 pm
Acorn takes a deep breath, he has no way to know. Can't blame him for something that's not his fault. And she was not going to let old hurts get the better of her, it stung yes. But he did not know. And it would not be right to lash out at him for hitting this nerve. Besides, she had the very distinct impression he has a set idea of what a mare should look like. And given the fact that there's so many who have still only heard about Matope's chosen, she can't blame him.

"I don't think the MotherFather cares much what Her chosen look like. I got the impression it is more about who we are, and maybe the skills we can offer." Not that there had been a discussion about it. But she was chosen, so it must be true in some sense, right?  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:52 pm
"That makes sense," the buck said. "And I guess it would be more of a priority to make sure you could turn into a mongoose than to make you bigger or smaller or the right shape or something." A pause. "A mongoose! That's so cool!"

Wait, waaaaitwaitwait, that was a bit of a distraction. "I want to hear and know everything about that, but... later, maybe? I... I want to make sure that any babies I have get the best possible start, and, uh, you said you do blessings! So please, make sure River's babies are the easiest carry possible and all are very active in the sac and hatch quickly, so she doesn't have to worry about dud eggs?"

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:14 am
Acorn smiles at his excitement, even curious as he is, he's got his priorities straight. Even though she's pretty sure she can't grant all of his requests. She's still very unsure how blessing works, can she be that specific? Or is it more like, just sending out a wish and hoping the MotherFather grants it? Is it guaranteed if just one or two things are requested? Tucking those questions away, Acorn decides something easy would likely be best, just in case. "May your children be healthy." healthy children should be easy to carry, and active enough to know the eggs are fine.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:23 pm
Well, "...okay." That was awfully... short. Concise. Unwordy. Was that all she needed to say? There was no ceremony to it, just... just a little platitude?

Wonders would never fail to cease. "That's it? That's all? That's done?" After a half-moment– no more than enough for the doe to begin to nod or open her mouth with the first syllable of assent– he immediately continued.

"I want to know everything about what it is to be a mongoose. How does it feel to turn? What happens to all the rest of you when it goes? Can you be a giant mongoose? I want to see!"

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games