Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[B] There! Will! Be! Eggs! (Fishbones x Di x Melon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A new tribe, a new family, a new quest! This one, namely, being seeking out a specific clearing that a certain legendary was reputed to live in, so Diaphanous and his new mate could seek a blessing for their future clutch. The buck smiled, playfully nudging at Watermelon's haunch before skipping to the side and forward, egging her on to skip a little faster!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:32 pm
User Image
Watermelon grins at the nudge, giving a playful thwap of her tail in return, and picking up her pace. As it turns out, Sorrel did not know where the stag lived, as he'd visited the garden. But Jagged Bones did and gave them a road to follow, and a very clear description of a pond within a pond, and various other bits to be sure they had the right spot. It wasn't even that far away, only a day or two. Three at most, if one stops to see the sights and maybe cuddle.

"I wonder what Jagged meant when he said the stag might not look like a stag?" she asks, having never seen a legendary, and not having much information about them other than the blessings they give. True there was a stag in Spiral's group of kids, but she was still kinda new to the tribe, and was more worried about offending someone than she was brave enough to pepper him with questions. Hopefully Diaphanous would know.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:42 am
Diaphanous was quick to slow as his mate asked a most-important question. And oh! Did he ever know the answer to this one! He'd met a doe the once, in a situation just like that.

"Just because you know– in your heart of hearts– that you're a stag, or a mare, or a colt or a filly or a doe or a buck– sometimes you don't match that on the outside. Maybe he doesn't look like a conventional match!" Of course, that was still a far cry from knowing what he'd look like, but... obviously, mare-ly or stag-ly or whatever-he-be-ly, any kin blessed by the MotherFather's favour would be majestic enough to draw their attention and be unmistakable.

"She also said he'd announce himself to us, so we can just keep going and not worry!" It sure must have been handy, having some innate wisdom indicating when kin needed guidance, or blessings, or whatever else it was that the Swamp's chosen could help its residents with!

"I do hope he shows himself soon, though. I don't want to have to search for another day." But less than that, the cherubic acha didn't want to rush into something headlong and have to hurry and stress about! Impatience was one thing, but regret was wholly another.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:37 am
Watermelon ponders this, she'd never considered that chosen kin could change shape. It would make sense though, to get to all the places they may be needed having a way to move quickly or into small spaces would be needed.

"Well this looks like what Jagged Bones described, so even if he's not here now we won't have to keep looking. Just wait." she says, looking where they'd stopped. The path opened up onto the scene that had been described to them. A crane was wading through the outer pond, fiddling with something or other in the water. A giant nest with a lemur curled up for a nap. A winged mantis munching on something or other, actually fairly close to them. Watermelon eyes the large insect curiously, trying not to pay too much attention to what it was eating, but it's huge buggy eyes were hard to look away from. She didn't notice the foxbun just past the large bug, sitting with a bunch of leaves and vines, paws weaving them into a basket.

The small creature noticed them, though. Hello. he sends the thought their way.User Image  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:17 pm
Diaphanous, unlike his mate, found his eyes immediately settling on the foxbun. Look at those dextrous little paws! Look at that basket! The buck was fascinated overall– he'd thought that that was only something they did with guidance and teaching, but here this little critter was, doing it all by himself–

He startled magnificently when he heard a voice in his head. "Oh! Hello!" he responded, looking around. That must have been the legendary stag... if only he could figure out where he was!

At least, now that he'd heard that mindvoice, he knew how the buck was keeping his pet on track. Or... waaait a minute.

Foxbuns didn't usually have scales, or eyes that glowed!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:01 am
"Hello." Watermelon replies, just a bit unsure. A voice in her head was really strange stuff, even if she was kind of used to abnormal things. Diaphanous didn't seem the least bit worried, though, which went a long way toward keeping her calm. That's about when she noticed the small creature's glowing eyes, so that's what he meant, she thought, nodding in understanding.

"We want to start a family, lots of kids and fun and adventures and stuff. Sorrel said you could help? I don't think I'm carrying yet, but we are trying and I've never been pregnant so maybe I wouldn't know?" she pauses a moment to get a breath and try to order her thoughts. "We'd like a blessing to be sure it all goes well, there's not much point having kids if we dunno if they'll be okay, you know? And Sorrel, and Jagged Bones said you could do that.. could make sure they'd be born just fine. You can, right?" she looks at Diaphanous as she falls silent, to see if he's got anything to add, gently nuzzling against him.

When she starts talking, Fish Bones leaves the weaving be, giving her his full attention. He listens quietly, nodding here or there in agreement. When she's done, he answers I cannot promise they will live their entire lives without hurt or illness, but I'll do my best to ensure they have the best start possible. As for knowing, ask Sorrel, or any other doe who's had children. They would know better than I what signs to look for. his tone is gentle, like a father passing on advice. He watches the buck, waiting for what he may add before blessing them.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:30 pm
"If you did, I'd be worried they were going to die early and suddenly," the roly-poly buck said, completely serious.

"Everyone hurts. Everyone sickens. It's what makes life life. As long as they get a good start, that's really what matters, right?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:52 pm
Watermelon nods in agreement, if there was no bad nobody would appreciate the good. Even if the bad sucked and made life hard. "Giving them the best start is better than nothing, and really all we can hope for."

Fish Bones seems to smile, so many seem to forget, or are ignorant to, this unfortunate fact. May your children be born healthy. he says, feeling almost odd for something so simple and short. But many words are not needed when the parents understand so well how this works.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items