High-functioning Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:36 am
A City Of Fools
Primae Pandora
A City Of Fools
Primae Pandora
A City Of Fools
Primae Pandora

Kama is the most signature thing there is. It can also be made into a dessert with some whipped cream. So it'd be kama foam. We're weird. Also, bread soup. It's a sweet dessert made for kids of black bread and sugar and milk, mainly. If you're a lucky kid, you can get some fruit chunks in the mix.
Far as culture goes, we're honestly still influenced by every country that has ever conquered us. We have the Russian drinking culture. Saying no to a shot of vodka still equals to offending the people offering it to you. We have borrowed words, we have adjusted to a lot of odd things.
Tension is always there. Less because of EU and more because of UN forces being near and such. I can not begin to count how many times some Russian war plane comes too near, trying so clearly to stay out of radars. It is impressive. Politically, it's a steady dance. We smile, they smile, everybody is fine but in reality we know that they could just come on over and they know we'd fight to the bone in those--- 24 hours it'd take to take Estonia.

Kama foam, I like that hahaha.
Bread soup sounds kind of like bread pudding but not hot and sticky.
Honestly, I live in America and I get offended when people don't take shots I get them.
That is very sad, but also very interesting. Estonia is a place I have thought little about until this topic, but it seems increasingly interesting. Another place I will never have the time or money to go to, hahaha.

Yeah, pretty much that, probably.
Ah well, it's a common problem then.
Haha, it's alright, I feel the same way about America. It's intriguing, in the oddest ways lately, but things are what things are.

America is interesting in its diversity, but there is no old. It is all new basically. You cant come to america and find ancient ruins. There aren't really castles or anything of the sort. We find native american arrow heads sometimes but even thats rare. So for someone like me it is boring, historically speaking.

Mmm, in that sense, yeah. I understand that. But, I mean, it could be worse. You have your own traditions there. Holidays and such, and what not. I mean Thanksgiving for one.

Thats true, I suppose. Diversity also seems to have killed off the possibility of having an american identity. You can have a cultural one from your ancestors and relatives and such, but the US really doesn't have a cultural identity of its own. Like, if you asked what americas signature food is, I don't have a culturally significant specific dish to say like kama. I mean... Burgers? So there is a lot to do and it is interesting in any ways, but culturally it is lacking in its own identity. But it makes up for it by being able to experience just about any culture if you know where to look.

I can see how that can make it seem boring and such. BUT at the very least you seem to have a landscape that varies greatly and what not. So hey, there's that at the very least. Specific dishes isn't just everything. There's the variety of language (the local accents, I mean) that can be pretty darn fascinating and the generally unique way you have the politics built up. Some museums, I'm sure, that show a glimpse of what you have had there. I don't know, cowboys and whatever roadside things you have. Maybe movies and such have romanticized it for me but it seems fascinating even if only because it is different.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:17 am
Primae Pandora
A City Of Fools
Primae Pandora
A City Of Fools
Primae Pandora

Yeah, pretty much that, probably.
Ah well, it's a common problem then.
Haha, it's alright, I feel the same way about America. It's intriguing, in the oddest ways lately, but things are what things are.

America is interesting in its diversity, but there is no old. It is all new basically. You cant come to america and find ancient ruins. There aren't really castles or anything of the sort. We find native american arrow heads sometimes but even thats rare. So for someone like me it is boring, historically speaking.

Mmm, in that sense, yeah. I understand that. But, I mean, it could be worse. You have your own traditions there. Holidays and such, and what not. I mean Thanksgiving for one.

Thats true, I suppose. Diversity also seems to have killed off the possibility of having an american identity. You can have a cultural one from your ancestors and relatives and such, but the US really doesn't have a cultural identity of its own. Like, if you asked what americas signature food is, I don't have a culturally significant specific dish to say like kama. I mean... Burgers? So there is a lot to do and it is interesting in any ways, but culturally it is lacking in its own identity. But it makes up for it by being able to experience just about any culture if you know where to look.

I can see how that can make it seem boring and such. BUT at the very least you seem to have a landscape that varies greatly and what not. So hey, there's that at the very least. Specific dishes isn't just everything. There's the variety of language (the local accents, I mean) that can be pretty darn fascinating and the generally unique way you have the politics built up. Some museums, I'm sure, that show a glimpse of what you have had there. I don't know, cowboys and whatever roadside things you have. Maybe movies and such have romanticized it for me but it seems fascinating even if only because it is different.

Thats very true. I guess living around it makes it boring, because its all you've experienced.  

A City Of Fools

Hygienic Sex Symbol

49.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas