Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Keeper leaned against the base of a tree, breathing hard. He had traveled far since discovering Quest's pregnancy, following tales of the Legendaries in hopes of obtaining a blessing. He had yet to succeed, but he knew he needed to turn back soon; he didn't want the trip to be in vain, but he did not want her to be alone when she might begin to need his help, either.

He stayed only as long as it took for him to readjust his gift. Once it was settled more comfortably against his back, he resumed his search.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:24 pm
User Image Fish Bones had started his morning hunting for eggs, one of his baskets hanging from his mouth in hopes to be filled. He hadn't had any luck though, still too early for eggs. So, rather disappointingly, he filled the basket with berries.

He was just ready to head home when he sees an acha, with a literal load on his back. Clamping the basket ends in his teeth, he asks, "Neeed shome hellp?"  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:43 pm
"Greetings, friend," Keeper said, head dipped lightly.

"I've heard of a Legendary in the area, and I was wondering if I might find them." He did not stop, so much as alter his course to walk alongside the grey-speckled buck. He glanced at the basket of berries. Another offering? "Perhaps you are, too?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:14 pm
A friendly chuckle, he stops and sets the basket down. "I hardly need to find myself. What can I do for you?" his eyes hold a merry glint.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:02 pm
"'Find myself'...? Ah!" Keeper stopped as well; in one motion he'd bent his knees into a bow, and gently rolled the gift off his back. "Forgive this buck his ignorance.

"I discovered I am to have children soon. I'll look after them, of course, but I did not want to deny them any advantage. When I heard of Legendaries, and what they were capable of—what you were capable of..." He paused, his hoof on the pelt wrapped around his gift. "I must admit, this is my first time... I'm not certain what I must do."

In times of doubt, he preferred to be over-prepared than under. He unwound the pelt to reveal feathers, beads, and fruits—gifts both material and sentimental. Was an offering required? Was a ritual involved? He tried to be pragmatic about what he could bring with him, but he knew he'd come in blind.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:49 pm
"No worries, kin have a varied look, so even if you'd known what to look for, you might not recognize one of Her chosen." he says, giving a friendly smile.

Fish Bones nods in understanding, legendaries were known, but what was not always said was how to approach them. His eyes go wide, when the fur is unrolled. This buck had come prepared for anything. "It depends, from one individual to another. There is no specific thing to do or say. I myself do not expect a gift, but if one is offered I accept. The thought behind it is the important part to me." he explains. "And the MotherFather's blessing should be shared with all, in my opinion, so I'd not refuse a request for lack of a gift." he adds. "As for how to ask, for myself, just ask. Others do as they will, some wanting specific things said, others simply giving a blessing where they sense it is needed. Some talk a bit first, try and get a feeling for what type of blessing to give. I prefer a bit of first and last, a request to know it's wanted, and some talk to see what's needed. But what's comftorable for you works for me just as well." a rather long winded explanation, but he's more than happy to help out. It's not like this information is shouted by all who know. For whatever reason, kin have kept it fairly secret.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:25 pm
Keeper lowered his head, allowing the Legendary's compassion, as well as his knowledge, to wash over him.

"That was enlightening, and I thank you for it." He remained silent for a moment longer, eyes half-lidded as he contemplated the stag's words. He had traveled so far for this moment, and now he found himself at a loss.

"To know what is wanted, and what is needed..." he repeated. Health, longevity, happiness—something all parents wished for the children they cared for. Were they intrinsically linked to a blessing, or did one have to ask for them specifically? No; in spite of all his faith in the Motherfather, he did not think even She could guarantee a life unblemished by sickness and despair.

Finally, he spoke. "If I may ask for a blessing, it is this: if the children lose something they love, I hope they will have the strength, and the courage, to be able to move on."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:43 pm
Ahh now this is a wise buck. No request for unimportant things, or the impossible. Fish Bones hums gently, gathering the words and finding just the right way to say them. "May your children have the resiliency to overcome whatever life throws their way."  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:54 pm
"Thank you," Keeper said, eyes low. "It means more to me than I can say."

He re-wrapped the gift so the buck would not have to and moved it forward, his actions deliberate and reverent. This may have been his first blessing, but it was not his first offering.

"If I may ask one more favor: your name?"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:20 pm
He was not at all expecting the entire package, he'd have to sort though it and be sure everything got a proper place. It wouldn't do to have it left bundled up and hidden. Perhaps some would be suitable for his weaving. "You are welcome, and thank you for this." he says, giving the buck a little bow.

"Of course, I'm Fish Bones. And your name?" he doesn't ask just to be polite, Fish Bones genuinely cares about those he meets.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ryuukishin
Crew

Man-Hungry Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:43 pm
"It was a pleasure, Fish Bones—truly." It felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders, but a new one soon took its place: Keeper still had long to go before he could reunite with his mate, and they would need to finalize preparations for the children, too.

"I go by Keeper. If times are kind, I hope we may meet again." He bowed once more and backed away, staying only long enough to ensure his exit was permitted. When it was clear he was allowed to leave, he turned, and with a bound he was gone.

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games