[B] Restless encounters [Maybe Never x Roses]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:56 pm
User Image He had met the doe from the winter games, and they had struck a deal, and now Maybe Never was pacing, worried thoughts racking through his brain. She was beautiful, any child she created would be of perfection, but he was flawed. What if his worries and nerves hurt the children? What if his genes ruined everything? He'd do that! He was a ruiner of things! Oh, oh no, it was too late, too. Why did she pick him? Oh, he made a mistake, and poor Gecko would now realize what a mess up he was.

Oh, really, why had she picked him? He had, at the time, thought he was the luckiest! He had always wanted to have kids, and to finally have that chance? It had meant everything to him. Now, he wondered if she would regret it. She probably would. Damn it.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:08 pm
"You act as if you've been stung by a giant wasp," Roses in Bloom called to the father to be, worry evident in her tone. Her brow furrowed as she approached him, falling into an easy step by the Kiokote. He was so young, and already so stressed! It couldn't be very good for him. She tried to appear as calm as possible, hoping the proximity to someone at ease might soothe his troubles. And if all else failed, she could speak with him.

"What's troubling you?" She asked plainly, looking him over. "Please. Is there anything I might do to help?"

Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:39 pm
Maybe Never almost jumped from his skin. He whirled to view the doe approaching him, watching as she kept by his side. He stared at her, wondering how possibly anyone could be calm in this moment. Right. She wasn't him. There was no reason for her to fret. His shoulders lowered sightly, voice clearing nervously as he allowed himself to uncurl his tense muscles.

"I'm sorry." He instinctually blurted. "I...." Should he admit it? Something about her calmed him, leaving his worries almost a joke. Maybe she could help.

"I met someone wonderful." He admitted, ears flicking up as he slowly tried to level his breath. "We aren't together, we never will be, but she wanted kids and I agreed. I was happy at the time, I always wanted kids. But, what if.... what if my... what if what I have to offer isn't... good? What if she could have had better kids with someone.... not me?" He paused, cheeks heating intensely.

"I'm sorry.... that was a lot..."

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:31 pm
"Many of us don't stay with our children, you know. There's no shame in that, you know. My mother didn't raise me, and she and I still love one another." And even having raised her own children, they traveled away to lives of their own, apart from her. Perhaps they would've done so left to their own devices, perhaps they would not. There was no way to say.

"If you ask me, the fact you're worried shows the stuff you're made of. Concern means that you care enough. That is how I see it, anyway," Roses commented, looking him over.

"And there will always be someone better than you. Someone worse than you, as well. If you spend your whole life on superlatives, you'll never get where you're meant to be."

She nuzzled him fondly, smiling.

"There is no need to apologize, again. I am here to help you however I can."

Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:30 pm
She was right. Of course she was. He nodded at her wisdom, looking at his hooves. As she nuzzled him he smiled, looking up at her sheepishly.

"Thank you." He sighed in relief, the smile growing wider. "You're right. I guess I just... worked myself up. This is the first time I'm being a dad. I guess that in itself got me to this point."

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:32 pm
"It's very easy to work yourself up," Roses agreed with a gentle nod, pressed gently against the Kiokote. "Motherfather knows I've been endlessly capable of fretting where no fretting was due, to the point I nearly made myself ill."

She was quiet a moment, then asked.

"What is it you're afraid of?"

Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:00 pm
He paused. What was he afraid of? Being a failure. No....

"My children won't live happy lives." He finally admitted. Happy, healthy, and long lives. That was all he wanted.

Moonstone Dazzle

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:41 pm
"There's no such thing as a perfectly happy life. You cannot know happiness unless you know sorrow. Otherwise, it would not mean nearly as much to you to know love and kindness when you do," Roses spoke plainly, voice soft and loving. Another nuzzle punctuated this point, full of love and kindness.

"For what it's worth- I wish them all the happiness life can give. May they know true joys, and not know the fears of their father." A bit teasing, gently. But nothing the buck could not handle, and nothing malicious in her eyes.

"That is what I wish for you."

Yushika

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out