[PRP] Wind on the Waters Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:49 pm
"There is not much, in the winter, but enough." She glanced at him over her shoulder as he followed along after her. "Mushrooms, certain plants with succulent roots," she hummed thoughtfully. "If you know where to look."

Picking her way carefully through the mud and moss, she lead him over to a spread of naked cattails.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:21 pm
The acha buck nodded at the doe's words. It made sense, yes, but he'd had trouble isolating which plants were good to eat and which were just... woody, so he'd stuck with what he knew.

"What are these called?" he asked, seeing that she was walking him towards a very large cluster of some strange collapsed sticks with long, narrow bulbs at the end.

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:34 pm
"They are cattails." She pressed a hoof down on one of the bulbs, splitting it open so the fluff inside could scatter in the light breeze. "This end isn't food, but..." With a swish of her tail, she dipped her head to grab hold of the stem at the base, tugging it free of the mud.

This she'd carry over to a bit of running water between mossy banks, letting the cool liquid wash away the dirt. Once it was clean, she offered the white root to the buck. "This end is juicy, and tastes fresh." It was muffled as she spoke around the stems.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:49 pm
The buck looked at her offering, and smiled. "I'll get my own– you should enjoy the fruits of your labour," the buck said. "But thank you for showing me!" He quickly moved to start digging at the base of the plant, carefully rooting around until he could pull a small cluster of muddy tubers out, and working to carry that over to the water like she'd demonstrated.

He hesitated for a moment, then took a bite– and then promptly began stuffing his face with the things.

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 am
The initial refusal had her watching him curiously, though that quickly turned to amusement as he tasted the white stems of the plant and began eating rapidly. "It has been some time since your last decent meal, I take it?"

How long had the poor buck been eating twigs?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:49 am

Mouth full, jaw working, the buck gave an emphatic nod to the doe's question. After a few more moments of thorough mastication, he swallowed, so that he could give her a more thorough answer.

"This is my first winter here. I... company was sparse and food I recognized was sparser," he admitted.

"I... really appreciate the offer of showing me what's good to eat in the winters. If there's any way I can repay you– doing the labour to prepare the food, after you've shown me, or... giving you company, or... whatever, really– I'd still be in your debt, but things would at least be a little more equal...."

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:17 am
Pausing in her delicate attempts to free more of the stems from the mud, the doe looked back at the acha curiously. Not just at the proposition, but what he'd said before that. "What brings you to the swamp?"

Home home home.

"It is scarce here in the colder months. I would not say no to some company and a bit of help to split the work between." Silver eyes dipped to the pup, a soft smile spreading across her muzzle.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:13 am
Oh! How rude of him! He hadn't been helping the doe out. "Uh, well. Curiosity, mostly. I saw a bunch of kin I didn't recognize and they activated an old landmark and it was amazing, so I wanted to come here to figure out what was going on. And there was a doe that was friendly and lovely, but I think I scared her off, and mostly I just... the desert is wonderful, but I wanted to see the world." He moved to scuff and pull at the plants and dig around the roots– clay soil was far more difficult to dig through than sand, but so much more satisfying!

Anemone snuffled in Whisper's direction again, and the pup once again craned in for kisses.

"You're really good with Anemone," the buck said admiringly, as he continued to work at getting their meal out of the dirt. She could wash them, maybe, and he could dig...? "I'm glad. Glad to have met you, and glad you'll have us along."

Beejoux

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:57 pm
"It's an understandable desire," she'd admit after a quiet moment of consideration. She personally had not had the longing to wander beyond the familiar world of the swamp, but she could see the appeal in others.

Anemone had bounded close again, and Whisper looked down at the pup a moment before dipping her head to touch her brow to her head. It was...nice, having others around. It was so seldom she found herself with other kin, she often forgot what it was like.

"The more the merrier, I think. You're welcome to stay as long as you like."  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces