[B] Precious Pearl [ Luminous & Fish Bones ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERGEIST

A Knife

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Luminous was nervous but she didn't want to show it. She was trying to be as prim and proper as possible. She had prepared a gift, a pearl she had found some time ago. It was one of the most precious things she owned but it was worth the sacrifice for a blessing on her children.

Travel would soon be hard for her so she left as soon as she was certain she was expecting.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:39 pm
User Image Fish Bones had no idea why there were so many expectant parents about, or kin preparing for possible babies. Maybe the season? As far as he knew, kin had no official breeding season. But many animals seemed more likely to breed in Spring. Perhaps the sound of their babies have infected kin, made them realize they'd want their own children.

Whatever the case, he was presented with another expectant parent. This one a doe, and surely she was seeking out one like him. "Good evening." he greets her.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

LOLTERGEIST

A Knife

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:50 pm
Luminous wasted no time, giving the stag a deep and low bow. "Greetings," she said, rising and shifting the sling back into place. "I have come with an offering in hopes you might bless my children." Polite but firm - straight to the point. It was still early stages in her pregnancy and so she was not yet showing any signs or symptoms but she knew in her heart of hearts she was with child.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:23 pm
There was something to be said for kin who get right to the point. A refreshing bit of urgency. Beating about the bush was all well and good, he learned a good deal about a kin that way, and was able to tailor a blessing to the individual. But so far as he could tell, the exact words didn't matter. He can't make a clutch live without pain or fear or illness, the blessing just gives the clutch a good start in life.

He gives her a smile, very fatherly in nature, and nods. "May your children be healthy." he says. Right to the point, just like the request.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

LOLTERGEIST

A Knife

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:31 pm
Luminous let out a sigh of relief, her posture shifting to a more relaxed state. She smiled brightly. "Thank you, very much." Then, with a start she exclaimed. "Ah! I almost forgot." She leaned forward and shifted so the sling slipped from her neck. Nosing it, she unwrapped the small parcel to reveal the pearl.

"A gift," she said. "In exchange for the one you have given me."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:07 pm
"You're quite welcome." he says with a soft hum.

Seeing the gift, he dips his head in a bow, she has no idea how appropriate it is. "Thank you. I have the perfect spot for this, when your children are born and grown, you should come visit my home. It's a pond within a pond. And see for yourself how fitting your gift is." even if she refuses, it's only right to extend the offer, the pond contains mostly fish bones, but a pearl in just the right spot would catch the eye.

User ImageHe leans down to retrieve the pearl, when a thought occurs to him. It'd be far too easy to scratch the gem in his current form. So, for the second time this season, he changes to his other form in plain view. His little foxbun paws would be much more suited to carrying a delicate object. Gently he picks it up, then looks at the doe, waiting for her reply to his invitation.  

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items