[PRP] Necessary [Chosen One/The Dark Path/Thrall]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The sun struggled to reach this part of the swamp. Even the brightest days couldn’t quite penetrate the gloom, where the mangroves overlapped so thoroughly. The oppressive heat was captured, made the trek through the water and mud all that more unpleasant.

Chosen One alone seemed unaffected, though his son behind him was drooping like a neglected flower.

“Well,” he questioned.

Thrall swallowed hard, stared at the ground as he answered. “He should be here.” Somewhere.

Chosen One should have had No Mercy come and track the buck down, bring the poison maker to him instead of the other way around but there were some things you needed to take care of in person, away from others, where deals could be struck.

Thrall of course, didn’t count. Whatever happened here, he would never speak of.

“Then we wait,” Chosen One decided.

His strength was enough, his voice was enough, the power of his purpose was enough. It would keep his tribe strong. However, he was no fool. One day it would be necessary to take a more subtle approach.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Snap.

The sound resounded like a clap of thunder across the expanse, the noise was disquieting to those of weaker resolve and suddenly the darkness felt more cloying and the mud more hungry. The sound faded away and with it all noise seemed to dim to nothingness. No birds, no cicadas, nothing but the faintest breeze which died shortly after its course had been run.

A vague green glow appeared in the distance, its pace quick and its body bobbing faintly up and down as it approached. Their patience had been rewarded. A large spider, her course and purpose sure, reached them in moments and froze solid several paces away. Eight bright, dew-drop, eyes unblinking as they watched the pair. Her body was dark and glossy, like oily moss, which caused the bone-white skull shaped mark on her back to stand out against the shadows and suddenly her presence seemed more ominous than helpful. Minutes of staring passed. It was an infuriating behavior at the best of times.

Slowly she raised one of her foremost legs and wagged it up and down effortlessly, motioning, come with me.. come with me. Turning abruptly she took off, heading deeper into the darkness. The stench of acrid earth rising behind her. She would take them. She would show them. He was waiting.

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:52 am
Thrall reacted to the sudden noise with a shudder, pressing closer to his father as he peered wide-eyed into the darkness. Chosen One remained unworried, his expression clean of any emotion; he simply waited and watched, until the spider deigned to join them.

“Ugh,” Thrall muttered beside him and Chosen One couldn’t blame him. He wasn't overly fond of the creatures either.

The many-eyed spider and the still quivering Acha, the heat that coiled and burnt hot and wet when you breathed in, time slowly, slowly passing by. Chosen One’s eyes narrowed as he waited, hadn’t been expecting to wait but they could talk about that later, if the buck he wanted to see ever showed up.

Then the spider waved.

Chosen One made a sound in the back of his throat, the first sign of annoyance. Such dramatics. But he followed, wordlessly stepped after the spider, Thrall at his heels.

I K i n u I

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:53 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The spider's many legs moved quickly and rhythmically as she went. The swamp growing darker still as they moved deeper and deeper into its embrace. The mangroves seemed more twisted here, older, as they reached towards the heavens begging for light and carelessly blocking out the earth below. It didn't feel like very long, though it was likely several minutes, before they reached a particularly old one settled on a large bit of dry swamp bed.

The trunk would have taken several kin nose to tail to encircle completely and its branches knotted and curled upwards. The front part of the mangrove had pushed itself up out of the ground quite high which left the back draping into a short drop-off over the water, like some naturally flowing cape. The soft glow of some unnatural light flickered here and there within the tree and a shadow moved across their field of vision from within. A low chuckle became audible as the shadow's owner emerged. The spider froze, swayed for a moment, and then scurried speedily up the tree and vanished from sight. Her job was finished.

"Welcome." Came the calm, smooth tones of the buck as he approached his most esteemed guests, well guest, he hadn't realized there would be two. No matter. Caution kept you on all fours longer he supposed. His gaze settled on the smaller Acha for a moment before it returned to the one he assumed was in charge. This blood and fire hued buck had an air about him, something.. different. Inside Dark Path felt a flutter of excitement though he kept it to himself. My, my, my, what delightful gifts fate often bestowed. This buck was certainly a dark gift. "Do forgive the dramatic display, I had intended on meeting you myself but I became.. sidetracked." His eyes glinted excitedly in the darkness. "I didn't want you waiting longer than necessary so Green Fairy was the only logical choice. Now, you have come all this way, tell me what it is I can do for you."

Ruriska

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:04 am
Chosen One had to admit that it was an impressive tree. His host had a flair for the dramatics, setting his scene well. Even if it seemed somewhat excessive, this buck was clearly keen to impress and he wouldn’t deny him acknowledgment for his efforts.

As the revealed buck studied him, he returned the favour; eyed the swamp green, the glowing markings, that staring skull. The hair made him look wild and the glint in his eyes sealed the deal. “Thank you for having us. I had expected less flair but I am not disappointed by what has been presented so far,” he smiled, easy and warm. His darkness was underneath the skin, pulsing through his veins but even while pretending, a wolf could always smell a wolf.

“I am Chosen One and this,” he nodded to the Acha at his side, who quickly bowed and smiled, “is my son Thrall. He was the one who brought you to my attention.. I believe you have a certain skillset and I was curious if I could discuss the details with you.”

I K i n u I

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:27 pm
The Dark Path stood quite still as Chosen One spoke and, after the unexpected praise, he smirked and nodded graciously. "I suppose my home is quite elaborate, then again most Kin don't see tree's like this inland. Out here there are many surprises, some grand and some... not so desirable." He kept his eyes on Chosen One. This buck radiated charm, a certain appeal like the promise of soul satisfaction. But his at-a-glance normalcy, as far as Path could tell, was the most unsettling part.

Then again he couldn't be one hundred percent sure about what he was picking up on. While he often had a firm grip on reality, sometimes, and only sometimes mind you, his mind and eyes couldn't be trusted. It gave him a frightening insight but now and again that insight wasn't factual. Good thing he didn't fear death or he would have suffered from constant paranoia. His uninhibited demeanor made him appear confident, only because he truly wasn't afraid of anything. It was a blessing and a curse to be sure.

"Ah, I see. What circles are you running in, little Acha, to find the ones who have sought me?" He didn't expect an answer, it was merely a musing. His expression unchanged, he turned and gestured them to follow. "My name is The Dark Path. I suppose it's fitting since it is the sort of path one must walk to seek my.. aid." A low chuckle. What a word to use. As they drew closer the tree became more gruesome. Skulls peppered the trunk in an alarming number. Starkly white against the shadowy, smooth, bark they appeared part of it, as if they had grown into the tree and now grinned empty and hollow out at the world from their new perches. Small bits of bone and tiny skulls hung suspended like grim ornaments from silken spider webs among the branches. It wasn't exactly the most welcoming setting and the sound of bone clinking musically against bone didn't help the unease. "Tell me, Chosen One, what it is I can do for you?"

Ruriska

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:35 am
"I have been to these parts before and there are indeed many surprises, some quite unwelcome." Those who had the most to hide were often found in the darkest parts of the Swamp, which meant this was where Chosen One must also travel. "We have been lucky not to encounter any such unpleasantness today." His soft tone suggested he wished it to remain that way.

As expected, Thrall didn’t answer but he did smile, quick and shy.

"There is a path for all of us," Chosen One mused as the two kin followed their host closer to his home. "Those covered in shadows are the hardest to travel but we do what we must." His gaze moved across the skull decorated tree, taking in each dark eye-socket and grinning set of teeth without comment. Well, if one was to make a living out of aiding a certain type, then you might as well have the right atmosphere.

"It isn’t so much what you can do for me but what we can do for each other." He stood as though he belonged here, a gleam in his eyes, conviction in his voice. "I come to you with a mission, a set of beliefs. My own path, the one I walk upon unfailing is dark indeed but only for a greater good. I am certain you would understand that sometimes unsavoury methods are a necessity. Violence can only be combated by violence. Even then, on some occasions, the use of force is not as preferable as,” he smiled, easy, compelling, "something more subtle. For that, I would require your help."

I K i n u I

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff