Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[Blessing] Summer Showers (Raindrop & The Killing Moon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.He was excited and frightened in equal measure, and that called for doing something about it. Raindrop took the time, first, to find the very shiniest, prettiest stone he could find, because it wasn't polite to go about asking for things if one wasn't willing to give things. It was a very pretty stone, round and blue-grey and smooth with the long-withstood washing of a river, striated with white markings, and just the right texture that looked as though it would be excellent to lick. He licked it to confirm that idea, and judged that it was correct.

Then he picked up his rock gift and went off looking for someone who could help him.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:42 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It took a few hours but he eventually found a someone.

It was an Eaglehound that padded directly into Raindrop’s path after waking from a long nap. He gave a lazy, loose-jawed yawn and then stood expectantly, eyes glowing, looking thoroughly bored by the proceedings already.

Prolixity

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:23 pm
Raindrop cocked his head to the side, blinking, his small antennae bobbing with the motion. Then he laid his nice rock down on the path, where the eaglehound could see it. "Hello," he addressed the hound politely. "Are you who I'm looking for? I brought a stone for you. It's a very nice one, pretty, and the sort that's good to lick."

If this was just an ordinary eaglehound, of course, he would be somewhat embarrassed, and he might have to go find another nice present, because once you gave a present it was rude and unwise to try to take it back, even if you were only offering it to an animal. But it seemed otherwise.

Ruriska
thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Eaglehound glanced down at the rock which was indeed quite nice if that was your sort of thing and then very obviously rolled his eyes.

In a blink the animal form was just a shadow behind the tall stag. “Keep it. I’m not in the habit of licking rocks,” he told the Acha.

“You were looking for me and here I am. Tell me what you want.”

Quote:
no worries! <3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:17 am
Raindrop blinked, looking utterly surprised that anyone would not want a nice licking rock. He had done his best to think up something nice to bring. That was concerning. But it would be rude, also, to question a stranger's taste, much less a stranger from whom he wanted to ask a favor.

"I was hoping to ask a blessing for my children," and there was a touch of worry and pride in his voice. "So that they can be clever, and find their way out of trouble. But is it really all right to ask, if I haven't got a proper gift for you?" He put an ear back, uncertain. "I can perform a task, or gather whatever you like. What is it that you like?"

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:14 pm
It was interesting how many kin thought some material object or task was a suitable trade for a blessing, as if he’d been given this power by the MotherFather to turn a profit. At least it meant they were willing to make a sacrifice for the sake of their children. Whether or not that was enough for The Killing Moon depended on the day.

“Of course you may ask,” he assured. “But I am not yet convinced.” His eyes glinted, head tilting thoughtfully. “Perhaps a task would be suitable. Or rather, a promise. To care for your children. Be their father. Watch over them. I can make them clever but you must make them wise. I can help them find their way out of trouble but you must help them learn to avoid it. Will you do that?”

Prolixity

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:04 pm
Raindrop angled his ears forward again, listening carefully. It seemed like a simple task, an easy one, but that perhaps meant that it was not what it seemed. Often the simplest, easiest tasks were the ones that required most effort and care. That would be a suitable return for a blessing, wouldn't it? It seemed so very fitting. He bowed his head in assent. "I can do that," he promised solemnly. "I will be their father as well as being their father."

Ruriska

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:00 am
"That is all I require," The Killing Moon assured him and then his voice deepened, seemed to echo with his next words. "May your children be clever and capable of finding their way out of trouble."

He stepped back, bowed his head slightly. "I have delivered what you desire, now make sure you hold up your end of the bargain." His smile suggested that if he failed, Killing Moon would know. "Good luck."

Then the stag was gone and the Eaglehound was back. A flash of teeth in a grin and that beast too was gone, trotting away into the underbrush.

Prolixity
done <3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 am
"I shall. Thank you." Raindrop watched the eaglehound slip away, stayed standing in the same spot for some time, thinking about the encounter and his promise. The conversation had meant exactly what it meant, and yet meant far more. He had a lot of thinking to do about being a father now, and a lot of doing to do, as well.

He picked up the fine stone he had brought. It had been refused, and was thus no longer suitable for a present. He would go and put it in a deep pool, and then maybe he would go and find a good present for the mother of his future children.

Ruriska
Thanks so much!

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces