Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:07 am
Fluffesu

"Ah." Arima's gaze lowered sheepishly, "I see. I suppose I just made the assumption based on her heritage as that was something I constantly had wondered about while growing up. I heard the ocean was a lovely sight to see and I've always pondered visiting myself." The Matori smiled as she glanced up towards Lori, "It is rather hard to go travelling when you have so much going on in your life, I understand that." She nodded. After her children were born and she had settled back in with her mother for the time being while her husband was off with the army the Matori hadn't the chance to explore like she once desired. Even travelling to visit the army was a hard feat to accomplish anymore as well, something which she truly missed since she did enjoy the company of the Unit.

"Understood." Arima rose a brow at the reaction, "It would be an impossible feat to place one entire race into a single description when the personalities vary greatly from person to person. I was simply meaning to express that there can be some that are not quite so negative. It may not be with the girls who are currently harassing you but it is possible that perhaps just one person can exist to assist you and if not then you simply haven't met them at the school yet." She shrugged her shoulders, "It isn't to say that you have to find someone simply at the school either - I may visit this shop more frequently now that I've come upon it again to taste its teas." She lifted the cup to her lips with a small smile before taking another sip, "It'd be a fine task to try and conquer all of their varieties by being here perhaps once a week if not twice or so."  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 am
Sabra Knight

"Huh." Now that Arima had mentioned it, Talori had to admit that she didn't know much about her mother's ancestry, or heritage, so to speak. Lori knew that Malila had no contact with anyone from her homeland, no parents or siblings to speak of... It was part of the reason Lila felt no need to travel. But having a heritage was more than just relatives. There was culture in it too, and that felt like something Lila should be interested in showing their daughter. It would be something Lori was interested in seeing, anyway... But the aged and blind Water woman likely didn't care about any of that, anymore.

It stood that Lori did still want to see it, but perhaps she would wait for 'one day' and go without her mother. Not that her father had ever spoken of any interest in Matori, either... She supposed there was little reason for former slaves to return to the land they'd been abducted from.

"One day," she murmured softly. "Maybe for both of us." Her and Arima both, since it sounded like her new friend had once had thoughts of seeing Matori too...

With a sigh, Talori set her teacup back down to the saucer. It was true that her words worked both ways. Not everyone was going to be nice, but not everyone could be cruel, either, regardless of how it felt in the moment. Not even everyone in her school could be mean, surely. Talori was an easy target to pick on among a group of Obans, but there wasn't a small number of students there... Maybe she just... hadn't met who was to be an accepting friend, yet. Maybe she never would.

But even if she didn't, maybe she would still have opportunity to catch Arima at the teashop. Talori visited as often as would be allowed, so if the other woman did appear once or twice a week, maybe they would be fortunate enough to catch each other at the same time. Then at least Lori would have someone to talk to and complain with.

"I think I'd like it if we found opportunity to meet here," she admitted.

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:58 pm
Fluffesu

The pale Matori nodded at the quiet words. It would be nice one day to go visit Matori but for now Arima was satisfied living in Oba. It had been her home for so long and even if she had been born in Matori the healer lacked any memories of it. She had been adopted by her mother when she was just a babe and that was why despite anyone's arguments about blood Arima knew that she was just as much family as her mother's lost daughter from years ago. The thought cast a soft smile across her painted lips before she slowly swirled the tea, a hint of magic stirring the liquid within the porcelain cup rather than a physical spoon. Her lashes flickered down over her gaze as she stared at the tea a moment longer before peeking upwards towards her company.

A sigh? Supposedly then perhaps the girl was acknowledging her words about the possibility of kindness being hidden somewhere in all the nastiness. Arima could only pray that On'os would give the girl the fortune of finding at least one good friend in the school and if not then she was determined to be available, "You would?" She replied, a smile curving her lips up even more and causing her gaze to brighten, "Then I certainly will come around here as well. Is there a certain day? I can always clear one afternoon a week to come here...that is unless something calls me away from home, but surely I will leave a note for you if so." A note and maybe an order of tea since the girl surely needed something to perk her up during the week. From the sounds of the school and Arima's assumptions it wasn't the easiest of paths for Talori and she was willing to aid the girl even if just by doing the slightest of things for her.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:45 am
Sabra Knight

"You could sound a little less surprised," Talori retorted, smiling softly at the note in the other woman's tone that suggested she may have thought Lori wouldn't want to have continued meetings where a rich water lady provided her with tea and treats in between horrible school sessions. Even if they hadn't agreed on everything, it had still been nice to talk to someone civilly and without fear of being ridiculed. Arima probably wasn't exactly the person Talori's mother hoped or even thought she'd make an acquaintance with, but it seemed like a good enough plan in Lori's opinion.

Talori glanced out through the tea shop window toward her school building. The two weren't far apart, and she was already in the habit of making weekly appearances whenever she was allowed, but it did sort of depend on when Malila had the coin to spare, something entirely out of Talori's control.

"No," she admitted, "I don't have a particular day..." But maybe that wouldn't matter too much if they waited until the end of the week every week. Arima and the tea shop could be a nice reward for surviving so long. "Let's try to meet near the end of the week, I suppose." Though she was sure that as a working adult and parent, the other woman probably had a much less flexible schedule than Talori did, herself.

But Arima had been the one to offer meetings, so that seemed irrelevant.

With that thought squared away, Lori took one more of the pastries before rising to her feet. If she dawdled too much longer, she may be late back to class, and if she was late by even a moment, she wouldn't be permitted into the room at all. "It was nice meeting you, and I appreciated the companionship. Thanks for these," she waved a cookie dandily. "But I should be heading back. Until next time, okay?"

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas