Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:11 am
Heras Box

At the rebound in Fallon’s expression, Zekiel’s eyes warmed in kind. “I do trust so,” he agreed. Perhaps it would not be what he imagined, or perhaps it would, but in the meantime it was not his place to judge or to harry, only to be patient and grateful for the blessings he did have. “Each day is still wondrous as the gods give them to me,” he said, “and I am blessed to have this company. I will await whatever the future brings with readiness, I hope.”

At the shift in focus to Marleya, the older woman scoffed good-naturedly.

“Oh, the gods have put many people in my life, child. Only one man of that nature, and he has for some years been gone with them already, but I have my children and my children’s children…” Her gaze lifted from her food to Zekiel, and then Fallon. “And several other children who come in my doors and are like my own for a time. I have told the boy, though, he only needs to find his balance between dawdling and impatience…the gods will bring the girl in time, but I would like to see more young faces before I’m gone from this world and he can’t keep me waiting forever. These bones only have so long.”  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:05 pm
The Only Black Uke

Fallon was sad to hear that Marleya's special someone was no longer with her. However, it seemed like the woman was content with what she had now and even expected to see more in life before she was gone. It took the young acolyte a moment to realize that the woman was speaking of babies but when she did she looked at Ze and then giggled. Returning her gaze to Marleya she practically grinned. "Well I am sure the gods will allow you to be with us for as long as is needed. I would certainly like to bring my children to see you if I have any." Despite the woman having made her feel flustered Fallon rather liked her and it would mean a lot if she could involve the woman in her life a little more. Though it may be a long, LONG while before any children were made by her so that may not be possible. If at all really.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:23 pm
Heras Box

Fallon’s eyes flit to him, and out came another bubble of sound—Zekiel felt a new ease roll into his posture, pleased that his friend no longer seemed embarrassed, but rather seemed to appreciate where Marleya was coming from. Granted she was an older and reasonably blunt woman, which on occasion threw some of his favored company for uncomfortable loops, but now it felt that the air had settled into one of understanding.

There were few things he would have loved more than to bring Marleya his wife and children when the time came, if he time came. But all of it could and would wait, for he did not dig the paths of fate for anyone, even himself.

Marleya, though, managed to look surprised—and then touched in her own way in turn. “Any friend of this child and the church and all their family are welcome here, gods be praised…” she murmured with a crinkled smile.

“I hope I should know the moment it might be so, though,” Zekiel added. “I should like to be told of any man so blessed as to inspire such an interest.”  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:07 pm
The Only Black Uke

Fallon gave a closed eye smile before she giggled once again. "I'm sure if I ever have a family they would love it here." she certainly did.

With Ze saying that he wanted to know if ever a man inspired such interest she nodded. "I'll be sure to write or bring him to visit you." It would be interesting to see a meeting between the two, whoever the second might be. "However, I think my studies will be taking the majority of my attention when I return." Visiting Zekiel had shown her that she had let other things cloud her mind and now she needed to truly focus.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:10 am
Heras Box

“It is wondrous here,” Zekiel said. Both, he supposed, in Marleya’s hut for its sentimental value and her presence, and in this small village post, but also in Ilidan itself where he had taken up permanent residence. It was smaller than Pajore, certainly, but he found it all just as well that way. He could come to know almost everyone individually, and many of them personally.

In time, he felt the village would feel like family, and the sense of community already was welcome.

At Fallon’s latter comments, Zekiel glanced back up and found that he mirrored her general sentiment. Good things awaited in the future, but there was much about them now already to appreciate and dedicate themselves to, and at this moment, the gods seemed to need service and study first, before personal aspirations.

“You must be near to progressing rank,” Zekiel said. “I wish you success in your studies…a time of need is upon our people, and your service will be appreciated I am sure.”  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:49 am
The Only Black Uke

As he said she must be close to making the next rank she nodded her head. "Close but not quite there. I let my studies get away from me in favor of my flowers." Fallon wasn't so sure she could regret it though. She adored her flowers and working in the greenhouse had been an amazing experience. It had taught her much about a lot of things.

"You should see the greenhouse now. You can hardly see the soil since I started using compost to enrich the seed beds." And she was proud of that. It meant that they could produce at least twenty five percent more than what they had been. No herbs were ever so low that they worried of running out.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:52 am
Heras Box

Zekiel supposed it wasn’t surprising. The gods had inspired in Fallon a great interest in her greenery, and in their youth there had been no harm in it—nothing but boons, so far as he had seen. And he could hardly judge anyone for being prone to distraction, much as he had always been so. Fallon had a gift for flowers, alongside a various selection of other grown things that she could name the parts of and uses for.

Zekiel did not keep such information in his mind, but he knew it dwelt in hers.

At the offer, he beamed. “I would love to, and I hope to soon,” he said. He wasn’t sure when next he would get the chance to visit Pajore, but though he did not have the talent or even concentration and patience for it that Fallon did, he had always found her garden space to be peaceful and relaxing. There was life there, in those plants, just such a quieter and more gradual thing than active lives were used to.

As he finished his own meal, he gathered bowl and utensil, bringing it to the small washbasin where he would take care of the rest as the others finished.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:01 pm
The Only Black Uke

Her smile and reaction complimented his as she practically glowed at the notion that he would love to see her work. Not just because she was proud of it but because the beauty of the greenhouse was aw inspiring. It was just a shame that those outside the Sanctum couldn't view it. "When I return I shall have to send some Dafiel's tears to you and Marleya." Fallon nodded her head.

She was slower to finish her meal but when she did she looked at the older woman and smiled. "You taught him well. Shall I take your dish?" There was praise in her tone. If Marleya wanted her to take the dish to Ze then she would otherwise she would simply stand to take her own to him. "Do you want me to wash since you cooked?"  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Miss Chief aka Uke

Rainbow Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:51 am
Heras Box

“I am sure it would warm the place,” Zekiel said, and even his temple, if she indeed sent them to him and Marleya.

It inspired in him the passing thought that perhaps he ought to start a small garden of his own on temple property—or encourage one of his congregation to help him with such a thing, as he wouldn’t know where to begin personally. Little as he knew of the details, though, he did think a little extra blooming life about the place couldn’t hurt anything.

“Oh, you are the guest here,” Zekiel said, “so you may do whatever please you, but it will only take a moment…”

It was just the three of them to clean up after, after all, and in no time, the dishes were handled, and Zekiel had opportunity to step outside for a moment with Fallon, at which point he made certain to thank her again for coming before inquiring, “You came all this way…do you have a place to remain for the night, or will you be beginning your way back so soon? If you need space, you are welcome to any of the spare rooms in my temple, as it’s not so far from here…”  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:36 am
The Only Black Uke

Fallon helped with what she could, though Ze had gotten most of the washing done before she was able to do much. Still, she enjoyed being able to contribute in some way to the clean up. When everything was done and the two of them stepped outside she couldn't help but to take a deep breath of the fresh air. It had a different scent than Pajore. Most likely due to the salt of the ocean so close. Then she heard Zekiel ask if she was staying the night or returning right away.

In that moment she had to stop herself from reaching back and rubbing at her bottom. Instead her hand paused at her side and she smiled a little, embarrassed that she'd almost forgotten herself. "If you wouldn't mind I'd like to stay for one night before getting back on the road." The ride down had been a little rough and being bounced around so much wasn't all that fun. Though she had enjoyed the change of scenery so she couldn't complain too much.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas