[Jauhar] Let's Talk (Votzhem/Mnyiri)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm
Mnyiri knew very little about the man who'd spoken up during the Dretch incident. She'd seen him a few times prior, at other gatherings, but hadn't bothered to learn much about him. It was strange enough to see a man under Aisha's budding boughs; even more so considering just how burly he'd looked.

He was a formidable warrior, that much she had gathered from their sparring match, but other things about him were what drew Mnyiri towards him. It was a few days after she'd returned from speaking with her grandfather that she decided to see Votzhem out. Surely he was still in Jauhar? Thing was, she wasn't entirely sure if he lived here or if he was just visiting, which made the search...tricky, at best.

Thankfully a few of the sisters had been able to help her out. Blue man, antennae, big, thick beard? It wasn't like they could forget him, which made it all the easier to snuff out his trail.

DraconicFeline

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:49 pm
Painted Moose

Votzhem wasn't hiding, at least. Not that he couldn't hide - he had a lot of bandit fingers (somewhere) to prove it.

In fact, he had tried to make himself available for any Sisters who needed travel partners. It was his duty to do so, though he soon found that Alkidike wanted to be 'protected' by a hybrid even less than they wanted to have a Sister with them.

Then, he'd tried to help with the research but he hadn't been allowed to access most of it. So, that didn't work either. So he'd returned to his family for a little bit to think things over before coming back with a vengeance. Or, not a vengeance, but a renewed determination to carry his own weight.

Funny how not being around my tribe increases my loyalty to them. He thought sardonically, warming up with some practice on wooden dummies. Isn't there a similar phrase? Distance makes the heart grow fonder?" he struck the dummy skillfully, Yes, that's it.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:55 pm
DraconicFeline

When Mnyiri finally found Votzhem she found herself at a loss. What she supposed to say to him? She knew his presence here wasn't exactly welcomed, no matter how the elders tried to spin it. He was useful, but also kept away from the more helpful searches and that left her without an easy segway into speech.

However, Mnyiri was rarely at a loss for words, and that in itself gave her the courage to approach him with a wide, bright smile. "Hey there! Remember me? Course you do, I whooped your but- Yeah, okay, not the best way to say hi, but I was wondering if I could talk to you for a bit? If you're not doing anything else, that is. "

She cared little that he was training, or that her abrupt ramblings might be distracting. Mnyiri kept herself at a respectable distance, but just close enough for him to see her.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:17 pm
Painted Moose

'Hi there I whooped your a**' was a very common way for a Sister to say hello. "If you're here for a rematch, you should leave while you're still ahead." he joked, rolling his shoulders. Then he smiled and sheathed his blades. "I'm afraid your name's slipped my mind, Sister, but I'd be happy to talk." he turned to her, wiping off the slight beading of sweat on his blue forehead.

She was a Sister - he had time for her. She was also a hybrid - he could tell from the very obvious color of her hair. Or, she was someone who sympathized with the plight of Aisha's mixed children enough to change her hair color in solidarity. Doubly so, then, he had time for her. Triply, since she wished to talk. Civilly.

"What's the topic?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 pm
DraconicFeline

"Oh, I don't want anything like that. Not today, anyway."
She held out her empty hands, showing that she'd come completely unarmed. It was troublesome to pack her spear around when she didn't have to, and as much as it was an extension of herself, that still didn't cover up the fact that it was a long, heavy blade that often made moving through crowds a little difficult.

"It's Mnyiri." She supplied easily. Most would have had a little tact when bringing up the questions she had in mind, but not her. The Guardian just smiled and chirped, "It's about your family. I think you said you had children, once? With an earthling woman? If you'd rather not talk about them that's fine, but I study earthling culture - well, anatomy, mostly, the rest is just a hobby - and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind answering some questions about them." It was always hardest asking the first time. So many thought that she meant harm to their families or worse, that she came off as rude, which Mnyiri didn't actively try to be.

"It's not everyday that I get to talk with someone of mixed blood older than myself, much less one with a family, and I have to say, I'm very curious."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:48 pm
Painted Moose

Mnyiri - he would have to remember that. Actually... hadn't he heard something about her being the partner of the weapon-crafter Dyakida? Had they formalized it yet? I really need to update myself on the current gossip, Votzhem thought, Maybe if I see Dyakida around.

In the meantime, Votzhem braced himself. "I don't mind the questions at all, Sister. I understand your curiousity." he said. Ah yes, these questions. Ever since he'd first come to Jauhar and joined his tribeswomen, he'd been getting questions about the very obvious difference between them - his maleness. His half-blood too, and the darkness of his skin, and the cold land he'd grown up in, but mostly his maleness. The questions always came from a place of curiousity, not malice, and he had long since become accustomed to them. It was better questions than blades in the dark.

"I actually have four children now - my eldest son and my two daughters are exploring the world, and my youngest son is with his mother - my wife, Iroia. She is a full-blooded leaf woman." He smiled, fondly. "We hope to have more, Goddess willing."

Goddess willing, indeed - he still wasn't sure how many he could give her... but if he could give her any more than what they had, then he would try.

"... How much do you already know about how Earthlings bring children into the world?"  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:49 am
DraconicFeline

Mnyiri pulled a bottle of ink from her side pack, opened it, dipped a quill in and sat the open bottle on the ground by her feet. By the time he was ready to start talking she had pulled a journal out as well, and her quill hovered over it, ready to jot down as many notes as she could before the hand cramps started.

"Four? I've always liked big families; they just seem so much warmer." For a while she kept her head down, focusing on the notes at hand, "So, about your children; do any of them exhibit alkidike traits? And what kind? Are their eyes like ours, do they have any antennae, markings, things of that nature? Does any of it effect them physically?" There were so many questions she wanted to ask, but Mnyiri was holding back, so as not to bombard the poor guy.

"Very little, actually. The amount of earthlings that will talk to me about reproduction is very small. I've been told it's a 'private' thing, and I can understand that, as our own child bearing ceremonies are private. I also know that earthling births can be accidental and that is something that seems a little...off to me."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:57 am
Painted Moose
Big families, huh, good to know. wink

So she didn't know that much at all. He hesitated. "Hmm." How to explain?

First, though... "It is warm, yes." he said fondly. There were times when he looked at his family, all together, and felt exactly that: warm. As if surrounded by a blanket of love.

In the meantime, Votzhem was used to questions but these were not the sort he was used to. These were a flurry of details, and he found himself caught, as if in a lie. What did his children look like?

He did know, though. Of course he knew. But one never knows anything when cornered. It was so invasive... but again, better that than being attacked, after all. And, to a degree, his childrens traits were curious.

"... Mostly, they resemble their mother." He said, "Volkarosh, Arron, and Selvei have tan skin and crystals. Selvei has black hair - of alkidike origin - but the older children have blue hair, like mine. The main trait I've seen is size - they are all much taller than any earthling." and far taller than their mother, which was hilarious. Would Selvei also be that tall? He could see it already.

"Ruulu, my second youngest, has antennae. She also has her mother's red hair and my skin. None have markings, and none have the eyes of an alkidike."

Well, he would have to explain it at some point. It wasn't as though he hadn't done it before. "... so, you understand that male earthlings and female earthlings have physical differences, and they..." Well, he supposed, 'we' would also be accurate. "Well, they create a child between themselves, rather than deliberately plead to a goddess for a child." that was the basic difference, and from there all other differences arose. He just wanted to confirm.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:05 am
DraconicFeline

"I suppose that's because they have more of her leaf blood in them."
Mnyiri murmured as she scribbled. It only made sense, really. Even if the children were a blend of three races one remained the most bountiful within them, and would obviously take hold of traits. Still, it was interesting to see where the others came out; such as with Selvei's black hair and the children's height, despite only being one-fourth alkidike.

"And Ruulu, she's the only one with antennae? And she's the only with blue skin?" She was mostly reiterating the facts for her own benefit. Mnyiri wanted to make certain all of her notes were correct, so she could do a little digging on her own later. "Have her differences made a mark on her personality? She's obviously quite unique, even among her siblings. " Some children were prone to being simpering weaklings due to spoiling and a coddling attitude, while others of hybrid descent became tough, aggressive, and dominant. There never seemed to be much of a middle ground, and Mnyiri had to wonder where his children fell.

"I know that males have different body structures from females, yes, but the whole process of creating a child seems...unpleasant. The act of creation is fine on it's own, but carrying a child, having ones organs move around, and then the delivery..." Mnyiri curled her lip. None of that seemed remotely worth it. She loved kids, but if she had to go through all of that just to have one she'd rather be barren.

"Were you actively trying to have children each time? Or were they accidental pregnancies?"

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games