[PRP Oba] Made Arrangements [Seziah/Tytus]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:10 am
"They- Well, they are not the largest," Seziah admitted as she ascended the stairs toward the second level of Miss Jeine's healing shop, with Tytus only steps behind her. It was true that her new place of residence wasn't necessarily exactly what she was accustomed to, having lived in the Institute for as long as she could rightly remember, and then a noble estate since coming to Oba- both large, spacious places that she was allowed only a small part of. "But it has its own charms. I do not think I have ever had access to my own kitchen..."

Jeine was a wonderful woman. She had been amenable to Seziah's request for work, as well as very helpful in her plight regarding a proper place to sleep, after having been kicked out by Zakeel. If Sez were to be perfectly honest, she couldn't have even possibly hoped for better conditions.

Her infant children could sleep upstairs- a safe distance away from the illness she tended to, while still being near enough for Seziah to care for when they needed to be fed- while she worked as Jeine's apprentice downstairs. The quarters weren't hers, of course, being that the shop and all its attachments were still owned by the noble Oban woman Seziah worked for. But they were 'hers' in the sense that they were private. Jeine didn't trespass into 'her' upstairs unless Seziah invited her.

It was all very nice and acceptable, if small.

Hefting her sleeping daughter in one arm, Seziah twisted a key in the lock of her door and pushed it open. What with her having left the estate only a handful of weeks ago, and her boyfriend having devoted himself to work in the military, he hadn't actually had chance yet to see where Seziah and their children would be staying. But they were together now.

The rooms consisted of a small kitchenette area just inside the entryway, leading to a single bedroom with a closet-sized washroom attached. "If we were a larger family, it would not be enough," Seziah admitted as she stepped to the side to allow Tytus inside. "But since the twins are only babies and you will be gone when it pleases others to take you from me..." There didn't seem to be a reason to say anything more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:51 pm
Fluffesu

"The smaller the cozier." Replied Tytus without missing a beat as he followed alongside of Seziah. What concerned the Oban most rather than size was more of how safe the neighborhood was and so with that in mind he kept an eye on all of the buildings and people as they passed through. If anything looked too suspicious he made a mental note to go and investigate it later in order to guarantee the safety of his family. So far it thankfully appeared as if this distract of the city was rather at peace with itself - it wasn't high class enough to cause a ruckus but one could tell that many who lived in the area had wealth enough to keep to themselves unlike the lower regions of the city where one could never know when they would wake up with a knife to their throat next.

His lips curved upwards into a small smile as they ascended the stairs towards the shop where Seziah had apprenticed, "It's fortunate that your teacher was so generous." His crimson gaze surveyed the building as they moved upwards. It seemed sturdy enough and would provide good shelter should any bad storms come through and thankfully Oba was a place that rarely worried itself with the conditions of winter so that was another thing that Tytus didn't have to worry with. There was a conflicted feeling hidden beneath all the small smiles and praises, however, as he felt that he was lacking as a father in this situation. Not only had the place he introduced Seziah originally to in Oba turned out sour -something that secretly resolved in a black eye for a certain person of interest and had assisted in Tytus leaving on his own as well- but now she had found her own place and her own role in this new country. She really is one to take care of herself. He felt guilty, remorseful that he couldn't offer more to the woman who had claimed his heart and given birth to their lovely children.

I suppose her resolve should inspire my own perseverance. Gods willing he would take her inner strength and grow his own as he proceeded to go into the Army and build up his own image. His only regret was that it would limit the time that he could be here supporting Seziah and the children. At least he could earn coin and one day even if she opted to continue living in this residence he could help her with whatever else she needed. Fortunately he was in a position where he was near enough to visit whenever his work was finished. Training would be grueling and his tasks never ending at first as there were many tests to be had and many foes to vanquish within the ranks but Tytus was determined to accomplish all the things that he had avoided for so many years.

"Then it will be acceptable?" Tytus finished as he stepped inside, "Hopefully it will just mean there will be a great many opportunities for us to bond and stay close." He shifted their other sleeping infant in his own arms before taking a few steps to glance around, "Is there plenty of furniture for you and is everything else in order? I can request a crib if you would like and some spare blankets for the babies and whatever else you would require..." He smiled towards Seziah, "While I cannot be here physically as often as I would like I can at least provide whatever you need while I'm away." His gaze was sincere though tinged with sorrow as her words had struck a chord deep inside, "And each chance I have I will venture back from the camp and come here so that I can be with those I love the most. That much I know I can promise you, Seziah."

Sabra Knight

Feral Galaxy

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:24 am
Sabra Knight

It was certainly cozy, if a small size was the only requirement to call it as such. But really, despite that, Seziah didn't mean to sound as though she was complaining. She was pleased with the current outcome of things. Even though she was still only apprentice to a healer and not of any repute to be one herself, it was the job she'd been trained for and had hoped to be suitable enough for after leaving Yael. Jeine assured her that given time, the patrons of the establishment would come to recognize Seziah as an accomplished healer in her own right, and see her for her skills rather than her race. It would only take time, perseverance, and hard work.

She had made a friend and comrade in the older woman, and Seziah trusted Jeine to be there for her, whether Sez asked for and wanted aid at all. It made her feel more secure, given that she had two beautiful children who would need constant attention.

Another thing to be pleased about, if also wary and uncertain. Seziah had so little experience with babies that she was still so frightened she may do it incorrectly. Something dreadful could happen to them while Tytus was away- and then what would she do? There were things to be pleased about, yes: her job, her residence, her love, her children- and she was pleased and grateful for all of them, certainty.

But the positives didn't quell her anxiety entirely. Perhaps it was simply an impossible task, when she was to be left to her own devices without her lover for undetermined amounts of time...

"Mm... I do not think you need to worry about furniture, blankets, decorations, or anything of the like. Jeine has had the place fully furnished and outfitted for as long as she has owned it. She has told me I could move in any of my own belongings that I may have and said I could throw out anything that I didn't need, but there is little reason to. Her furniture functions just as well as any other, and we will be able to save more coin this way. But yes, it is acceptable, for now."

She hoped it would be enough for her children. They were young and small now, needing space only in as much as her arms could provide, but Seziah had heard many times how quickly infants could grow and how quickly they could learn to move.

It was her lack of experience and proper understanding in this regard that made her wish Tytus had a job that would allow him to be near constantly and consistently. She hadn't grown up like most Oban children... Seziah was still so new to their customs and expectations. She really didn't know how to do any of this, and she absolutely didn't want to be alone- She swallowed and stroked her fingers through her baby's hair. But there wasn't much for it. She would need to learn by doing.

"See that you do," she murmured softly. "In the meantime, I will learn to cook dinner and raise children." For all that she was familiar with most house chores, like washing, scrubbing, and mending, somehow food preparation had never been a task delegated to her. "Jeine said they would sleep very much for the first few weeks in between frequent feedings, so I think I will have time to figure... everything... out."

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games