Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[B] Sticky Mud (Starling x The Killing Moon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:11 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
A blessing...yes. It was what he was technically seeking, but Starling very much doubted he'd find one in his current whereabouts. He'd trekked to a far corner of the swamp, where the murky waters bubbled and fogged over. He'd overheard somewhere that blessings tended to happen at the least expected times and in the least expected of places, which was why he'd chosen the remote area as a potential lucky spot. "Right," he said, speaking to himself. "If this doesn't work, then I guess I can find a more..." He paused, glancing down at the thick, goopy mud that his hooves were slowly sinking into. "...welcoming place."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:23 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Eaglehound that appeared through the gloom and fog with glowing eyes, trudging through the muck, agreed with Starling's sentiment first with a huff, and then, as his form shifted smoothly into something entirely different, in words: "If there is a next time, that would be much more agreeable."

G a b y

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:59 am
Starling imagined he might have jumped in surprise, but his hooves had yet to free themselves from the strong suction of the sticky mud. His plan had worked! Eagerly, he smiled at the newly appeared stag and nodded with enthusiasm. "Yes, of course! I wasn't entirely sure where to find you, so I thought to look where no one else might," he explained, though he doubted it was necessary. As best he could, he turned to face the other. "I'm to be a father for the first time, you see. I want to make sure I do all that I can to ensure that my children thrive."

Ruriska
Thank you so much! <3

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 pm
The Killing Moon would have preferred not to have to deal with the murkiest, muddiest place in the Swamp but Starling's enthusiasm was undeniable and he'd always had a soft spot for eager father's-to-be.

"If you are meant to be blessed, you will be," he explained, vaguely. "But there's nothing wrong with being proactive. You've done well." There was no point in forcing either of them to linger too long. "They will thrive. They will be healthy and strong, as dogged as the creeping vine."

He hummed thoughtfully. "Will that suffice?" It would have to. He couldn't do it again.

G a b y

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

gooberfeesh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:20 pm
Finally, Starling was able to separate himself from the gooey earth and properly step towards the stag. "Yes! That will suffice perfectly," he agreed, bowing his head in grateful fashion. His quest was officially complete. "Thank you. You've granted me peace of mind and assurance." It was a deed he could never hope to repay, and it was also one he wouldn't forget. If possible, he was even more excited to meet his offspring.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:34 pm
The stag smiled.

"I wish you the best of luck with your family," was the last thing he said, before he was an Eaglehound once more, wading away through the mud, contemplating the best place for a bath.

G a b y
You're very welcome! I meant to type that before I totally forgot.
xD

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas