Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:39 am
Tale’s air was thick and sweet with the promise of rain on the horizon. The morning wasn’t as bright as usual, the sun hidden behind large, heavy looking clouds that were so gray they were nearly black. As she poked her head out of her inn window, the Earthling frowned deeply before shrugging. She had a something to keep her from getting wet, the same with all of her mixtures. They were in glass jars, boxes, little bags she’d sewn just for them.

Grabbing the mixtures she was drying in her room for the past two days, the Leaf girl headed down stairs and round the back where the inn keeper let her store things. She had a cart she pulled herself that had a canopy over it. She could settle in the back and sell from there.

Finding a spot in a market, and putting dried plants on display along with her cleanest looking glass jar mixtures up front, powders near her. San’thari could honestly start selling. The girl had been gone all winter, and several months before then. No one had really heard from or seen her in a long while, even her friends somehow lost track of her. She’d been pushing and forcing herself to completely stock up and have enough inventory for a month or more, instead of just a day or two before she had to go out and look for the plants and start the entire process all over again.

She pulled out a little container of coffee the innkeeper gave her, knowing San’thari was going to be gone all day. Gingerly she sipped at it as she waited for her first customer. The Leaf girl wasn’t going to sit there and try to scream and yell with the rest of the merchants.
Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:48 am
Alassiel was glad they were headed back to Juahar to see family and this time with the whole family. Ziel was looking like a young adult now, laughing and speaking to her father from atop Ryga who was probably just as happy to see her as they were. It had been a long time since they'd all spent some quality time together and Ziel had returned to Matori just before they'd left. Her side of the family would be thrilled to see the Hybrid again.

For the day though, Z'ran did want to stop at a village. The clouds weren't looking too good and they didn't want to travel in the rain. Alassiel wanted to get there sooner but stopping would have to be a necessity. Even she didn't like traveling in rain after all!

When they got into the village, Z'ran left to go to the inn and set them up with two rooms. Ziel for her part decided to wander back into the forest by herself seemingly seeking something or perhaps someone. Alassiel didn't get as worried seeing her disappear into the thick trees but her heart still felt a small pang.

Alssiel knew her husband would head to the market after and that's where she went. Not too many merchants were out, probably afraid to have the rain come down on them. Though the shifter did spot a little cart with some herbal goods and she headed over to see what she had.

"Hello!" she said smiling.

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:03 am
She looked up from her coffee and her thoughts to be greeted with a Shifter's smiling face. The smile was returned, a polite, almost curt one on San'thari's part, a business smile. Her head bowed and the coffee went out of sight for the time being. Getting a customer so early in the day was a good sign.

"Good morning," she replied, fixing the wrap around her shoulders for a minute. "I am San'thari. Is there anything I can help you with?" This Shifter looked to be in good health. She seemed very lively, her skin was a lovely color, and from what San'thari could tell, didn't smell of sickness. Maybe just stocking up ahead of a journey.

"I have all kinds of salves and balms that I've made myself." Her hands normally would be stained brown or green, but they were cleaned up today. They were rough, her nails short and jagged, and it honestly looked like she'd been chewing on her cuticles with how many pieces of skin were around her nails. "Just ask questions if you've got them."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:16 am
"Oh just looking for now, maybe get a few things for the journey." They still had a little ways to go and they could sue a few basic medical supplies. "What kind of salves and balms do you have?" Balms would be good for dry skin, Z'ran especially suffered from dryness so she could pick something up for him.

"Do you think some of these would be good for, say a snaptrotter?" She enevr really carried that many supplies for ehrself of Ryga but having a small stash on them might do them good. LOkoign at all these bottles and things Alassiel didn't even know where to start or to think about what she might need. "Do you have any like traveling kits? Or maybe suggestions for travelers?"

"And you made all of these? Wow, such talent for someone so young!"

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:23 am
"Unfortunately I don't know if any of this will be good for animals. I would suggest not trying it on them, and getting to someone who specializes in animal medications. But to answer your questions: I've balms and salves for a lot. I won't say everything. I've got lotions for dry skin, I've got burn cream, things to put over cuts. I have muscle ache relief balms, and even a powder to mix with your water to reduce headaches. Kit? I thought about making them. I've bandages, and several things I could make a kit real quick for you."

San'thari's hands moved, starting to hold up little jars and clothes full of powders or leaves still. "Even this leaf here is a fever reducer if you make a tea out of it." There was some wet moss in a glass jar in the front.

"I have things that are easy on kids stomachs, too. Or that will help their upset tummies."

She was now putting together a little kit in a box she had for giving to customers when they purchased something. Bandages, a small jar of salve, a couple different balms, a carefully folded cloth of powder, some small scissors to cut the bandage with.

"If I don't have something here you see, or want, let me know. I'm always making these things."

This was her element. She was cool, calm, and collected.

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:50 am
"Alright." Alassiel nodded, she was probably right. "Do you know anyone who does animal medicine?" She'd pick up a little kit for Rygha too just in case. They only traveled now a days, no fighting for them but you never knew when something could happen. She didn't want him dying out on he trail.

"Oh no kids for me," she couldn't have children anymore. "She's an adult now." Alassiel chuckled.

"But I'll take as much as you can for dry skin, my husband gets dry really badly. A touch for burns, a decent amount of cuts. That always has to be useful for travel doesn't it?" That was probably their biggest worry, well that and getting bitten by something. Maybe she ought to get something for bug bits too.

"Muscle ache relief balms would be good, probably something for bug bites too if possible." Alassiel tapped her chin trying to figure out if she was missing anything or is something else might happen while they were out travelling.

"I wouldn't be able to tell you what I am missing. We travel a lot, but we don't get injured much except for muscles getting sore and a bruise here or there." She wouldn't be able to tell her if she needed something either.

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:05 pm
San'thari shook her head at the question and gave a sort of helpless look. She was really useless to her, wasn't she? "Unfortunately no. I can ask around though. Medics tend to...flock together." She didn't know how else to say it. The ones she's run into have all been very willing to share what knowledge they knew to improve methods.

When she said no kids, San'thari smiled wide.

Alassiel was listing off what she wanted, and she nodded, starting to reach out and gather the items. She grabbed several large jars of the lotion for dry skin and then smiled. "It's very useful with travel. I always have those on me, even if I'm not making anything."

San'thari was going to include a bit of bandages she had for free, along with a balm for rashes from poisonous plants. "Sore muscles?" Did she have anything for that? She realized that San'thari had been so caught up in the other stuff, sore muscles never came to her thoughts. "I've got nothing for that, I'm afraid. I can probably have something in a week or two... But I doubt you'll be here. You said you travel a lot."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:50 am
"Oh that would be very kind of you if you could ask about. Though please if it's too much of a bother, do not mind yourself with it. You must be busy and I have plenty of time." she didn't want to engage the poor girl into other matters, she seemed to be doing well for herself at her stall and she made all of her own products. It was a great feat that Alassiel admired very much, she could manage on her own if the girl was too busy. It was, after all, her problem and nod the young woman's.

"Ah yes I'll be gone by then, but I can return for some on our way back." And she would make a point of stopping at his particular stall whenever she traveled close by. Not just to encourage the girl, but the products seemed to be well made.

"Do you work this stall alone?" Perhaps she got help from family or a husband?

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 7:59 am
"...I do work this stall alone. Not married, no children. No real desire for anything like that in my life, at this current point." She did have someone she was interested in, but if anything came from it was up in the air. San'thari wasn't sure he even had those kinds of feelings toward anyone. His life was messed up and complicated enough without her. It made her feel a little guilty that she even had these feelings, now that she was thinking of it.

Now as she looked to her little medications, her chest ached painfully. Was she making Warren's life too complicated? She hoped not.

"Ah. Anyway. I used to have a balm for sore muscles, but I suppose I sold it and didn't realize it was the last. I'm so sorry about that."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 8:48 am
"Well you're still young! Plenty of time for you to decide the things you want in life. My own daughter is about your age and she's traveling all over." Alassiel chuckled a bit. "I wish I was a grandparent of course... but all good things take time I suppose. Take the time you need to make the right choices for yourself."

"Oh don't worry yourself about that, do you perhaps know a college that might have some for sale?" She couldn't leave without a bit of the stuff, that was the only thing she truly hated about traveling. Or maybe she was getting old and the old age was catching up to her.

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 2:10 pm
It made her heart a bit warmer to think of someone else like this woman traveling around. The world could do with a bit more warmth in San'thari's opinion.

"Oh yes. There should be healers next to the inn in town. They sell rubs like that. I can't believe I didn't realize..." San'thari had never felt more scatterbrained in her life than at that moment. Normally she would be so meticulous in her cataloging of what she's sold versus what she has. Her whole lively hood depended on supply and demand. The Leaf girl's cheeks were very red as she finish preparing what was asked.

"Is there anything else I can help you with?"

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:49 am
"Oh don't worry so much about it," Alassiel felt bad for her, she was in no dire need so there was no need for feeling embarrassed. "Things happen, just take it easy haha." She didn't want to ask anymore of the girl but it couldn't hurt to ask could it?

"Well, I am looking for a place to eat, I could use someone to show me. If you have the time of course, I wouldn't want to take you away from your work, it really wouldn't be for very long though. Couldn't hurt to ask her, maybe she needed a bit of a break and this would be a good opportunity to get one in!

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:00 am
San'thari was craving these skewers of meat from a place near here. With a little grin on her face, the Leaf woman nodded. "Of course. I have somewhere in mind."

With that, she started to pack up all of her things. "I was thinking about taking a break soon anyway, so this actually comes at the perfect timing." She put balms and things in a large wicker basket and took down the hanging plants as well.

"This may take a couple of minutes, I am so sorry."

Tasinei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:10 am
"No worries! I'm not in a rush really." Alassiel was actually enjoying the day out and about, not having to travel for a bit was nice. "It'll be nice just to sit down and enjoy the day for a bit. I've been traveling so much lately that just waiting around is a small pleasure in and of itself."

She quietly watched the girl back up before turning to watch the other merchants, content in just observing her surroundings then to say anything else or distract San'thari. Plus, who took the time to just observe around themselves now a days? No one really, so Ally took a deep breath and just enjoyed being still for a bit.

Peppermint Coffee

Tasinei
Crew

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:58 am
San'thari could understand that sentiment. She spent many days just walking when she wasn't climbing or running. Some of the situations she got herself in were really dangerous, and she knew it, but she couldn't really be assed to care. The pros outweighed the cons for her and she would risk her life time and again to get the proper plants for her solutions.

Still, she continued to pack up. Her hair fell into her face as she leaned over to pick up her now over filling basket and grabbed the blanket she'd set up on. "Okay. I'll take this to my room and then we'll be on the way?"

Tasinei

◈ Tendaji [RP Area]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff