This time, Foresight saw it coming.

To be fair, she always saw it coming. It was more that she let it happen, anyway.

The first time had been fraught, an unknown quantity, insofar as it could be unknown – and quite a quantity. The first time she had gone to the Mothers Club, surrendered herself. Sought assistance. There was no shame in that, in hindsight – the opposite of herself, but necessary in itself, if she let it happen, anyway, which she had, and, now, she did. There was no shame in seeking assistance, and the Mothers Club granted succour, and her children were grown and hale. Perhaps this time she would not need the Mothers Club, but, still, there was no shame in seeking assistance.

But it was not the Mothers Club she set out for, this day. It was Rise & Co., because she was Foresight, and had also hindsight, and she already – of course – knew what it was she would seek, that was not assistance.

Salted plums.

(Don't judge.)

It was on the edge of Rise and Shine that she was stopped, Foresight in her quest for salted plums.

The dark mare lounged on a sunning rock, gold eyes lazily blazing.

"Hey, you," she called, and so Foresight stopped.

She should have seen this coming.

No one can say she didn't.

Silence.

After a moment of this, the mare appended, "You know you're pregnant?"

"Yes," Foresight said.

"Oh," the mare said, perhaps sounding the slight bit disappointed.

"Good," the mare added.

"Got a blessing yet?" the mare added again, after another moment's silence.

"No," Foresight said.

The mare rose to her hooves.

"Well," she said, "it's your lucky day. I've got a blessing right here…if you're willing to complete a task."

"I don't want a blessing," Foresight said.

This silence definitely dragged on.

"Well," the mare sighed, sinking back down on the rock, "I can't say I don't approve of self-sufficiency. May your children grow up to be healthy and happy and what not."

Foresight blinked.

"Thank you," she said.

The mare rolled over on the rock.

"Whatever," she said, "you can go now."

On to the salted plums. All according to plan.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

END