Submit

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A third time she'd been down this path in life, but never this path through the Swamp, and not yet had she ever sought out company of those that were fabled to bring good fortune. Truth be told, Warmth didn't know where to begin looking, but, a walk wouldn't harm her, either.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

During her walk the hounds appeared, intersecting her path at a trot. The grey one paused, briefly, turned its head to stare at her with contemplative expression before it continued on into the winding, welcoming roots of the mangroves.

ArashiX
yo!

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:45 am
Ruriska
HELLO LOVELY! Many thanks!

The duo of hounds crossing her path had Warmth pausing mid-step, her foreleg held in the air. And then her eyes met the one's, and she might have sworn there was more than what she would deem usual. Perhaps more keen, more intelligent in their contemplation.

But the moment ended when it turned back on its way, and the doe with her cool pelt continued forward, forward, until she reached the point the hounds had moved through. She paused, there, all four hooves flat upon the soft ground, and turned her head to peer after them, though they'd already be lost to her sight and swallowed by the mangroves.

Well, if nothing else her walk had proven to be rather interesting!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:22 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Her walk was going to get rather more interesting, as another figure appeared, following the path the hounds had taken, though at a more sedate pace. This one was a stag, stopping with one hoof half raised and the doe in his way. He eyed her coolly, thoughtfully. Dark red hair slipped artfully along his cheek as he tilted his head ever so slightly and made a soft sound, a ‘hmm’, to get her attention.

ArashiX
happy to help 8D <3

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:07 am
Ruriska

The soft sound drew her attention; the doe's ears moved up in mild alarm and her head abruptly swung the other way to stare at the buck with wide eyes!

"O-Oh!"

Uncertain of herself, for a moment, but quite certain she seemed to be in the way, she backed off with a quick step or two in case he wanted to pass. Though, in taking another look at him, Warmth found him...a striking contrast. And different than many other bucks and does she'd come across, which made her take a second look before a spark of an idea crossed her mind.

"Were you following the hounds?"

If so, surely he'd want to be on his way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:21 pm
“I was,” he replied, but didn’t move to continue after them just yet. It wasn’t as if he could lose the way.

So he lingered, looked her over, judged her quietly until he finally smiled, a charming little quirk of his mouth and asked, “what hopes do you have for your future children?”

ArashiX

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:33 pm
Ruriska

Was, as in no longer?

The doe's head quirked to the side just slightly and dipped in curiosity. When the buck posed his question her ears came up and forward, again, out of surprise.

Was this luck, or fate? Or, perhaps, some strange combination of the two?

"You know?"

Okay. Perhaps that was a silly question. Obviously this buck knew just from looking her over a few moments.

"...well... I imagine the good fortune most parents would wish for their kids?" She sighed, nervously shifting on her hooves with her tail hovering around her side in a partial curl. "I...perhaps to know they're always loved and they carry that warmth with them every where?"

It was odd she felt so off-balance, the usually composed doe with her warm heart finding it difficult and nerve-wracking.

"I don't know what would be best. I've never done this part, before."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:50 pm
It took her some time but she seemed to her have figured it out what he was and what he was offering, to some extent at least. Her anxiety was written in every line of her body, uncertainty in every shift of her hooves. Luckily for her they had crossed paths now and not earlier in the day, when he had been bloodied by a hunt.

“That’s not really my job to provide,” he said, amused. “I’m sure you can do that on your own. If you show them your love as a mother, they’ll know and they’ll hold it in their heart.”

The Killing Moon took pity on her, his voice gentling, smile softer, “Let me help. May I suggest," he paused to hum thoughtfully, “health and good fortune, with the strength of heart to love both themselves and others even at their lowest point?"

ArashiX

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

ArashiX

Divine Galaxy

13,850 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Divine Donator 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:58 pm
Ruriska

Of course. Of course he was right. Without Warmth floundered a little more and turned her head away, though she peered at him with a wary sort of abashedness from the edge and through the wavy-curly strands of her own mane.

Wasn't she a fine mess?

Then he spoke, his tone and smile lingering to a gentle softness that soothed frayed nerves. Her ears twitched again, perking to show she was listening as she straightened out. It took her only a few moments of pondering - however drawn out it might have been - to come to the solid conclusion that...

"That sounds lovely, actually." Much more clear in intent...and a wonderful compliment to what she could do, as a mother. "...is there anything I can do for you, in return..?"

It never hurt to ask. After all, she hadn't asked for what he was doing. She could do something good, in turn, as one good turn indeed deserved another.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:41 pm
“Well, then, consider it done. ”

The tightness in his chest was released, set free by the blessing. His purpose here had been completed and now his thoughts returned forward, to the trail the hounds had taken. He could feel them up ahead, waiting, a part of himself.

“And no, there is nothing I require... this time.”

The Killing Moon started to move forward. His movements echoing the hound that had stopped to look at her, the same expression, the same turn of the head. “Farewell,” he said. “All will be well.”

Then he was gone, trotting away into the Swamp.

ArashiX

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas