Welcome to Gaia! ::

DC Worldwide

Back to Guilds

When new threats rise, the planet will need heroes worldwide to save the day. 

Tags: Justice League, Teen Titans, Superheroes, Supervillains, DC Comics 

Reply ▪ » Gotham City
One Bad Day (December 5th, 2007) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trainer Noir

Dangerous Wife

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:44 pm
With Dr. Crane looming, Harleen lowered her notes and rested her gaze on the Joker. Suddenly, she had the distinct impression she was the one being studied. Her grip on the clipboard in her lap tightened as the Joker broke into maniacal laughter, her knuckles were white. Although her lips thinned, she did not look away.

"I throttled his throat, and plucked his eyes out. Guess he won't be looking at anybody funny anymore huh? Hoohoo!~"
Dr. Quinzel had not been aware of the grisly extent of the guard’s injuries. She could feel both sets of eyes on her as if she were the patient. It was disgusting what he was describing, but also exhilarating. She smiled kindly at his vile joke.

“What made you feel uncomfortable about how he looked at you? Did you feel judged?”

She sat up and leaned forward in her seat,
“Would you like to pluck my eyes out?” Her level face wore a slight, inscrutable Mona Lisa smile.
“What about Doctor Crane’s?” Her pulse was fast, but her demeanor wasn’t fearful.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:45 pm

User Image User Image User Image

╔══════════════╗
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╚══════════════╝

“What made you feel uncomfortable about how he looked at you? Did you feel judged?”

"He smiled at me and said 'Hello.'"

The Joker replied dryly, leaning back in his chair. The grin began to fade, his focus wandering over Harleen's shoulder. The clown's expression, and body language starting to make it abundantly clear that he was beginning to lose interest in their conversation.

“Would you like to pluck my eyes out?”

"No."

“What about Doctor Crane’s?”

The Joker's right brow perked, his interest once again being peaked as he turned once again to face the blonde. He cocked his head slightly to the left as he stared at her silently for a brief moment, his ruby lips once again stretching into a grin.

"Maybe... just to see how he'd look without the massive pole shoved directly up his a**."  

Masked Earth Prince

Dapper Guardian

11,425 Points
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Member 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Collector of Poes

Crew

Ghost Trader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm

Much to Crane's chagrin, Harleen was hardly phased by the details of the Joker's execution of the guards. His stare was deadpan at The Joker. Truthfully, Crane did not find him all that interesting yet. He was no different from the other patients when they had arrived - believing that they were in control. Jonathan briefly sucked in his top lip in thought and decided on the next step of John Doe's therapy. He tapped the wall with three knocks in an odd order, and a few minutes later one of the bodyguards had entered and handed Crane his briefcase.

Crane looked giddy, almost excited as he was eagerly opening his briefcase. "This is something I've tried with some of the other patients." He smiled towards Dr Quinzel, the cheer on his face was akin to a child showing off it's favourite toy. From his briefcase, he pulled out two syringes labelled "FT-V1". Tapping the side of the body of the syringe, the orange liquid inside stirred a little. "This is a solution of my own, I use it in a more orthodox version of psychedelic psychotherapy. It's a favourite here in Arkham." He gently pressed the plunger of the syringe, and a little bit of the solution squirted from the needle. "Dr Quinzel, you know as well as I that patients respond and bond better to someone that has shared a experience of heightened emotion with, perhaps you would also be interested in joining our John Doe here?" This was perhaps the most Crane had ever smiled in his life as a thin brow raised over his glasses, and a smile crept up to the corner of his cheeks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:46 pm
As Crane gave the que to the guards to bring his briefcase, Harleen looked confused at first. She turned her attention away from the Joker, something she shouldn’t have done. She knew full well he was an unpredictable psychotic. As Dr. Crane revealed the syringe, her concern grew. The patient wasn’t being combative or uncooperative, what was the need for drugs? They were doing fine without this interruption.

"Dr Quinzel, you know as well as I that patients respond and bond better to someone that has shared a experience of heightened emotion with, perhaps you would also be interested in joining our John Doe here?"
She couldn’t believe was she was hearing. Though she’d well concealed her nervousness up to that point, her eyes widened with the realization that he intended to drug them both. Was he crazy?

“Doctor…I don’t feel completely confident that’s necessary,” But he was the one allowing her these private meetings, he was the boss that graciously supervised this opportunity. She considered these facts and weighed whether whatever was in the injection was worth it to keep seeing her patient.

“It’s just that I’m concerned what you’re suggesting might be considered...” Abuse, she wanted to say. Mistreatment. Malpractice. But the words failed her as she locked eyes with the stone-faced doctor.
He could take it all away. He could strip her of everything she’d fought so desperately for. Not just her new patient, everything she’d worked for at the asylum. She was afraid now. His dominion over her was unquestionable.

“It’s just that I think we can establish a bond organically…but if you believe this is the best course of treatment.” Her words came slow, measured. She wanted to run but something kept her glued to her seat.
“Anything to deepen the connection, doctor.” She finally conceded. Her voice sounded hollow and defeated. In refusing to show fear and turning the Joker’s menace back onto the director, Dr. Quinzel had played a game of psychological warfare with the wrong person. Now she was losing it. All the color had drained from her face.
“I’m dedicated to this case, Doctor.”  

Trainer Noir

Dangerous Wife

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100

Collector of Poes

Crew

Ghost Trader

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:47 pm

He flicked the top of the syringe with the back of his nail as he peered behind his glasses towards The Joker, and then back to Harleen. She deliberated on the decision, knowing that it was unorthodox, but did she dare question her employer? The man who could make or break her career? Of course she wouldn't. "Excellent." He chimed as he got off of his seat and opened the cell door. With the quick raise and point of two fingers, the staff of Arkham was quick to restrain The Joker. As his arms and head where being held tightly, Crane injected him without a second thought. Turning back to Harleen, he paced over towards her, and took a seat beside her. "This particular serum finds its properties mostly from the Psilocybe Mexicana fungi. Try think positives thoughts, we don't want the euphoria turning into dread." His deadpan expression only poorly disguised his sarcasm. Crane certainly wanted to see both of them in dread. Pulling up her sleeve, he injected into the surface veins of her left arm. The drugs would hit relatively fast, so Jonathan was quick to also have Harleen cuffed in the same manner as The Joker. In the meantime, until they reached the height of their experience, he sat there with an exuberant smile.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:02 pm

╔══════════════╗
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
╚══════════════╝

The Joker pursed his lips as the needle disappeared into his arm. The Pale man's head tilted slightly to the right, before his lips stretched across his face in a wide grin.

"This particular serum finds its properties mostly from the Psilocybe Mexicana fungi. Try think positives thoughts, we don't want the euphoria turning into dread."

"Ooh don't go and threaten me with a good time now, doc!" He chuckled lightly as his green hues darted first to Crane, then to the Blonde handcuffed across the table from him. "That's a good girl, hoohoo!~ We're both in this together, all the way until this sure to be wild ride comes to a thrilling conclusion!" The Joker laughed loudly for a moment, before going silent; grinning in anticipation as he stared directly across Dr. Quinzel, every bit as interested to see how she'd react to the injection.

"Ooooh, Doc! I think it's working, I'm Starting to feel something!" The Joker called out gleefully, his pupils dilating as his pale hands clenched into tight fists. "It's... it's... MAGNIFICENT! HAhAHAhAHAhAhaAHHAHAHAHAHAHAahHAHahAHAhAHAhahAHAHahAHAhAHAhAhAHAHaahhaAHHAhAAHAHAHAA!"

The Joker threw his head back and laughed hysterically, his entire body gyrating uncontrollably as his eyes began to fill with tears. He struggled to catch his breaths between hearty fits of laughter, inhaling sharply whenever he did manage to find the time to gulp down air before leaning forward on to the table.  

Masked Earth Prince

Dapper Guardian

11,425 Points
  • Winter Guardian 250
  • Member 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Trainer Noir

Dangerous Wife

4,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 pm
Harleen’s muscles tensed as the needle pierced her flesh of her arm. It was true what they said, that if you weren’t relaxed the injection stung more. She gasped and felt lightheaded. The power of the drug was indisputable and is took hold of her almost immediately. Dr Quin stood up from her chair but sat down again as her head swirled. She looked over at the Joker and his cartoonish smile seemed to stretch wider and wider in front of her. As he cackled, she began to feel immersed in his laugh. She covered her ears to shut it out. Dr. Crane’s advice not to enter into the experience with negative emotions was little help.

The shrieking laughter was increasing, infecting her mind. Gradually, Harleen broke into small titters, giggles and before long she had collapsed on her hands and knees laughing uproariously. Tears streamed down her face as she laughed.

“Hahahaha!!” She pounded the floor with her fist. Everything was hilarious. She could hardly breathe for laughing. The room was undulating and spinning beneath her.

She struggled to draw a breath before exclaiming,
“This is crazy!" She wheezed between laughs, “What kinda place does this!?”

She rolled over on her side, her spectacles sliding off onto the floor. Fear and amusement were warring in her, and she began to wonder if anyone in the room was sane. She looked up and searched for the Joker's terrible face.
"Are you having fun?"  
▪ » Gotham City

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces