Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

polliwoggi
Vice Captain

Star-Crossed Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:20 am
It's that time of year again, when -- wait, you've probably heard something similar recently, haven't you? Never mind; let's just get to the meat of this event. While it is definitely spook season, it's also the beginning of autumn in some places, Big City included. That means lots of neat autumn related things to do and look forward to!

This year, Big City's mayor and personal secretary have sent out a sort of scavenger hunt/task list of things to encourage citizens to get in the mood for the season. They're even offering prize points for animals that participate! No one's sure what the prizes are good for, but it's something, right? Maybe you could even get your picture in the newspaper! That'd be exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:36 am
Participation Rules

Below, you'll find a list of tasks to do. Each task has optional components, and you can complete whatever bits you want. Every piece you complete will earn you more points at the end of the event, which can be turned in for prizes.

In addition, every task has an unwritten component of a writing prompt: you can write about one of your villagers (let us know if you have none!) doing the task themselves for bonus points! This must be at least 300 words to count, but is absolutely not required in any way. You can turn all your prompt responses in together for BCC as well, though, if you want!

• All photos, images, creations in the thread must be yours unless otherwise specified. No stealing pictures from the internet!

• There is no minimum quality for drawings, so don't worry if you're not good at art. We just want to see effort!

• You have all month to accomplish as many tasks as you want. Thread will be locked at midnight on Nov 1st, 2018!

• You do NOT have to complete all components of a task! You can complete as many or as few pieces of it as you wish!

Please make sure to edit ALL your prompts/responses into one post. You can edit this post throughout the event, no problem. Please hide your responses under spoilers, so it looks like so:

Task Name

(task response)

[align=center][b]Task Name[/b][/align]
[spoiler]
[align=left](task response)[/align]
[/spoiler]

The List

Autumn Decoration
1. Take a picture of autumn decoration and post it.
2. Decorate something for autumn yourself and post a picture of it.
3. Find a picture of a building online, then draw some autumn decorations on it, or cut out decorations from other images - make an autumn deco collage!

Halloween Decoration
1. Take a picture of a Halloween themed decoration and post it.
2. Decorate something for Halloween yourself and post a picture of it.
3. Make a Halloween deco collage/draw over as above.

Costume Time
1. Draw a picture of a spooky costume your villager would like to wear.
2. Actually make or wear a spooky costume and take a picture of it!

Cool-Weather Wardrobe
1. Draw a picture or make a collage of a fall-appropriate outfit.
2. Find a fall outfit in person or take a picture of one of your own and post a photo of it.

Leaf Craft
1. Using a leaf lineart, color a nice leaf to welcome the new season. Don't worry about realism!
2. Find some leaves that have begun to change color out in the world and take a picture of them to share.
3. Using leaves (of any color), make some sort of craft with them and show off that effort! A collage, a wreath, a sculpture - the sky's the limit, as long as you're using leaves!

Pie Time
1. Find and link a tasty looking pie recipe.
2. Actually make a pie for us to envy over!
3. Obtain a pie, then decorate it for autumn or spook season. Show us your mad decorating skills!

Fall Feasts
1. Find a recipe that uses fall ingredients, like apples, squash, sweet potatoes, that kind of thing, and link it here.
2. Make a dish from a recipe that uses fall ingredients! (Let us know how that goes!)

Autumn Delight
1. Tell us your favorite things about fall.
2. Take or draw a picture relating to your favorite thing!

No Tricks, Only Treats
1. Tell us what your favorite candy or Halloween treat is.
2. Take a picture of said treat.

Tricks Only, Thanks
1. Think up a fun prank and share it with us. Nothing dangerous!
2. Draw a picture of a citizen involved in such a prank.
3. Have your citizens get their friends together for a short roleplay carrying out the prank - everyone involved will get points for this one!

polliwoggi
Vice Captain

Star-Crossed Shapeshifter

-Ghastly Demise-

Married Pumpkin

25,275 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Falling For You 25
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:04 pm
Costume time.1

Baabie all dressed up as a reaper for Halloween, they are bound to scare a few pieces of candy's out of their neighbors in Shadow Bay. Baabie had spent hours, every day at home Decorating and making this costume, but now that the time had arrived they were overly delighted that their favorite season was upon the town, They couldn't wait to show there new costume off, Especially to the able sisters whom Baabie admired greatly for there mass success in stylish clothing she put on her costume despite there being hours away from the night, they felt triumphant in there new found skill. despite sewing and cloth making not there preferred hobbies or skills, but being able to make this consume all by themselves for the contest made it all that much more sweet, sweeter than the candies they would later revise that night. not everyone would was in awe but still appreciated their hard work. It delighted the odd little plush Creature. now all they had to do was to set up for tonight. setting out candy so jack wouldn't change their hard work in to an ugly prank. a age old tradition that would most defiantly would be devastating. Babbie quivered at the thought but shook the feeling and began to put the rest of the decorations up, bat shaped balloons, little suckers wrapped in ribbon and tissue paper to look like ghost, little goody bags filled with small candies and treats. tonight was gonna be the best night ever, as they did all this time passed, and soon they lit the carved pumpkins they had carved with there friends earlier that day, And soon the bell rang, all of her friends had arrived dressed up in versus costumes, one however had spooked Baabie upon arrival causing them to spill the candy the bowl on their horns, but they all got a good laugh none the less.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Leaf Craft .2

User Image

Leaf Craft.1

User Image

Halloween Decoration 1

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:54 pm
Costume Time

User Image
Queen of the Galaxy Clara. emotion_kirakira

Pie Time

My absolute most favourite pie ever, Apple Butter Pie.

Fall Feasts

Copycat of what used to be my favourite fall Starbucks drink until Chestnut Praline took over, Caramel Apple Spice.

No Tricks, Only Treats

Little Debbie Pumpkin Delights are the absolute best fall treat and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

I'm dying because this image is SERIOUSLY huge, I'm sorry. rofl

Lillypuff

Bashful Lover

17,675 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Midnight Holographic

Devoted Husband

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:39 pm
To be filled in as I finish each prompt.

Autumn Decoration

Halloween Decoration

Costume Time

Cool-Weather Wardrobe

Leaf Craft

Pie Time

Fall Feasts

Autumn Delight

No Tricks, Only Treats

Tricks Only, Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:01 am
I'll slowly add more this month!

Halloween Decoration

this one shop front a couple of streets up changes every 2-3 weeks and they do a Good Job
--- 1/2 done

Costume Time

1. Draw a picture of a spooky costume your villager would like to wear. Spoop would be too shy to wear anything other than a bedsheet, I see it now. like this.

I know it's not spoopy but I'm proud of this last minute fancy dress costume so here
--- 2/2 done

Cool-Weather Wardrobe

2. Find a fall outfit in person or take a picture of one of your own and post a photo of it.
I got this pinafore recently and I've embraced turtleneck season now
--- 1/2 done

Leaf Craft

1. Using a leaf lineart, color a nice leaf to welcome the new season. Don't worry about realism!
2. Find some leaves that have begun to change color out in the world and take a picture of them to share.
went back home in time to see this in the garden
--- 1/2 done

Pie Time

--- 1/1 done

Fall Feasts

1. Find a recipe that uses fall ingredients, like apples, squash, sweet potatoes, that kind of thing, and link it here. --- I went through a sweet potato phase in uni, I'll list my student-friendly recipe for sweet potato fries:

* Hella salt
* Some black pepper
* A bit of garlic
* Pappapparika
* A coat of olive oil
* Sweet potato cut however you like

Literally just toss them all together and bake em! I heard from someone that you can use cornstarch to make them crispy but I've never tried it because I don't cook to impress lol.

2. Make a dish from a recipe that uses fall ingredients! (Let us know how that goes!)
--- 1/2 done

Autumn Delight

1. Tell us your favorite things about fall --- OK I am not an autumn person admittedly but I do like it when the nights and mornings suddenly get darker. I think most find it depressing but in this part of the hemisphere it's pretty atmospheric.
2. Take or draw a picture relating to your favorite thing! good morning
--- 2/2 done

No Tricks, Only Treats

1. Tell us what your favorite candy or Halloween treat is --- I know it's dumb but I always had bag fulls of monkey nuts from trick or treating as a kid, I always eat them at this time of year.
2. Take a picture of said treat --- I actually have some in the flat, I'll upload a pic soon.
--- 1/2 done

Tricks Only, Thanks

1. Think up a fun prank and share it with us.
3. Have your citizens get their friends together for a short roleplay carrying out the prank - everyone involved will get points for this one!
--- 0/3 done

/plots  

oceyyyy

Zombeficent

Hygienic Lover

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:08 am
Autumn Decoration

1. User Image
Lovely pumpkin salt and pepper shakers, toothpick holder, and leaf table runner - complete with a huge glob of candle wax!
2. User Image
I put a Pilgrim hat on my co-worker.
3. User Image

Halloween Decoration

1. User Image
My mom is very into her webbing and candles.
2. User Image
Our Halloween contest theme at work was Musicals and we did The Nightmare Before Christmas. I decorated this cubicle to look like Oogie Boogie's place!
3. User Image

Costume Time

1. User Image
Donutta would like to dress up as a murderous prom queen.
2. User Image
My costume for our Nightmare Before Christmas scene at work! I made the mask and love it~

Cool-Weather Wardrobe

1. User Image
2. User Image
My favorite sweater ever, I wear it every fall with black leggings.

Leaf Craft

1. User Image
2. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pie Time

Fall Feasts

1. Keto Pumpkin Bread! I love pumpkin bread, it's so damn good...
2. User Image
And I made it! With chocolate chips instead of walnuts.

Autumn Delight

1. I love the change in weather and the way everything looks. Although the brightness of spring is nice, I've always preferred rainy and overcast weather. To me, Fall is a really long season of dark and semi-overcast weather. My second favorite thing are the scents. Fall scents are my favorite of all time. I have a cabinet full of candles that start with your basic fall Pumpkin Spice and end with winter Pine Tree.
2. User Image
This is the kind of weather I love!

No Tricks, Only Treats

1. Reese's. Pumpkins. (This year I discovered they also make Reese's Bats, wtf...)
Prompt:
'What's your favorite kind of treat?'

What was his favorite kind of treat, Eight wondered. He'd never been asked such a question before! He looked down at the slip of paper in his mitts, a questionnaire put out by the Lunar Townhomes board. The purpose was to get to know the residents tastes a little bit better during the spooky season. Presumably so they wouldn't cater their All Hallow's Eve party with food no one wanted to eat.

Eight sighed and set the paper down. He walked into his kitchen and came to a stop in front of the small pantry tucked beside the stove and the wall. Inside were all the foods he normally purchased - nuts for healthy snacking, saltines in a tightly sealed container, and one small bar of dark chocolate if he got a craving for something sweet. He didn't like to buy candy. Candy was bad for you, could cause all sorts of diseases. Why, Eight once knew of a frog that had diabetes so terrible his ankles swelled to twice the size of his head! To say that guy had never hopped again was an understatement.

The fridge was even less help. Among his water purifier, a resealable bag of crisp lettuce and some lean meat he planned to cook later, there wasn't much to write about.

Maybe he could just lie. People lied all the time. He could go down to the supermarket and look at all the different candies and just pick the one that looked the least gross. ... but what if someone saw him? And lying had never been his strong suit - the last time he tried to lie to someone had been in primary school and Eight had started sweating so profusely they'd sent him to the nurse's office. As soon as the nurse went to take his temperature he'd tearfully yelled out that no, Susie Wilkers hadn't asked to borrow his pen, she'd just taken it!

Bah! Eight returned to where he'd left the piece of paper. He couldn't lie and there was nothing in his pantry anyone would remotely think of as candy. So he wrote a single word down instead.

Allergic.

2. User Image
I bought a bag of them and keep some in spoopy cat bucket on my desk at work. This is one I deliciously devoured earlier this week.

Tricks Only, Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:30 pm
Halloween Decoration (with added cat)

No response. Just cat.

Leaf Craft

(task response)

Pie Time!

Flapper Pie
(task response)

Fall Feasts!

Jiggs Dinner
(task response)

Autumn Delight

I love autumn because it starts to cool down and nice air feels great on the skin after a sticky, hot summer. Plus I get watch my four year old nephew dress up for Halloween.
(task response)

No Tricks, Just Treats!

With all the candy that is available for Halloween I still have to say my favourite candy is Rockets aka the American Smarties! XD
(task response)

Poe-tae-toee

Everyday Garbage

Lady Angel Heart

Distinct Shopper

10,650 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:55 pm
Autumn Decoration

1. Fall Decoration
User Image

2. Decorate for Fall
User Image

3. Find a picture of a building online, then draw some autumn decorations on it

Halloween Decoration

1. Halloween Decoration
User Image

2. Decorate for Halloween
User Image

3. Make a Halloween draw over as above.

Costume Time

1. Draw a picture of a spooky costume your villager would like to wear.

Cool-Weather Wardrobe

2. Find a fall outfit in person or take a picture of one of your own

Leaf Craft

1. Color A Leaf
User Image

2. So unfortunately most of our fall leaves have fallen
User Image

3. Using leaves, make some sort of craft

Pie Time

Fall Feasts

1. Find a recipe that uses fall ingredients, like apples, squash, sweet potatoes, that kind of thing, and link it here.

Autumn Delight

1. Some of my favorite things about Fall are the fact its finally colder and the general shift in nature. As much as I'd like to be outside in spring or summer its usually either way too hot or I get eaten alive by mosquitos.. or stalked by bubble bees. When its fall its cool outside and as morbid as it is, all the plants die off so I don't have to worry about heat or bugs.

No Tricks, Only Treats

1. I guess it would be a toss up between Reece Cups and Hershey Hugs.
Reece's have that satisfying offsett of salty peanut butter to sweet chocolate. Only if you get the large ones though. I find the tiny ones to have oddly sweet peanut butter. I like hershey hugs because its both milk and white chocolate. You can set them on your tongue and let them melt.

2. Behold!
User Image

Tricks Only, Thanks

1. Nothing quite like the whole "only take one" signs when getting candy. Perhaps for a prank one could glue all the candy together.. and to the plastic bowl its in. How would someone handle such a situation? What type of crazy person would waste candy for such a trick!?!

3. Have citizens get together for a short roleplay carrying out the prank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:23 pm
Autumn Decoration

1. Take a picture of autumn decoration and post it. ✓

User Image

2. Decorate something for autumn yourself and post a picture of it.

(task response)

3. Find a picture of a building online, then draw some autumn decorations on it, or cut out decorations from other images - make an autumn deco collage!

(task response)

Halloween Decoration

1. Take a picture of a Halloween themed decoration and post it. ✓

didnt realize it was blurry until it was too late

(task response)

3. Make a Halloween deco collage/draw over as above.

(task response)

Costume Time

1. Draw a picture of a spooky costume your villager would like to wear. ✓

(task response)

Cool-Weather Wardrobe

1. Draw a picture or make a collage of a fall-appropriate outfit. ✓

(task response)

Leaf Craft

1. Using a leaf lineart, color a nice leaf to welcome the new season. Don't worry about realism! ✓

(task response)

3. Using leaves (of any color), make some sort of craft with them and show off that effort! A collage, a wreath, a sculpture - the sky's the limit, as long as you're using leaves!

(task response)

Pie Time

1. Find and link a tasty looking pie recipe. ✓

2. Actually make a pie for us to envy over!

(task response)

3. Obtain a pie, then decorate it for autumn or spook season. Show us your mad decorating skills!

(task response)

Fall Feasts

1. Find a recipe that uses fall ingredients, like apples, squash, sweet potatoes, that kind of thing, and link it here. ✓

2. Make a dish from a recipe that uses fall ingredients! (Let us know how that goes!) ✓

IT WAS HECKIN SPICY. Shouldn't have added in the jalapeno xD In the end, it looked more orange-y as the cream cheese melted into it. It was nice and chunky <3 the Only kind of chili i like.

Autumn Delight

1. Tell us your favorite things about fall. ✓

BOOTS and HALLOWEEN 8D

(task response)

No Tricks, Only Treats

1. Tell us what your favorite candy or Halloween treat is. ✓

My favorite? :thinking: Ferrerro rocher mmmmmmmmm (i'll probably have to come back to spell that the correct way later xD

(task response)

Tricks Only, Thanks

1. Think up a fun prank and share it with us. Nothing dangerous! ✓

On Halloween night, when people are trick or treating, dress as a scarecrow sitting in a chair near where the treats are being handed out. Then, when someone approaches, hop up and scare them!

(task response)

(task response)

Random Nobody 13

Lupine Superfan

13,550 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

dickory

Patriotic Leaf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:38 am
Autumn Decoration

Halloween Decoration

I understand if you don't want to count this heheh

Pumpppppkiiinnnnnnnnnnsssssss

Leaf Craft

leafs

I was raking up leaves and this is uh a face yeah

Fall Feasts

Pumpkin pie which I have never eaten in my life

Autumn Delight

Jumpers! Jumpers! Jumpers! Scarves! Also pumpkins, coloured leaves and just being able to layer clothes in general. Ohhhhhh and because I need a picture and vari/con know I'm being lazy and I don't blame them for not counting it, awful looking ragged chickens. They look so stupid around now. 8^)

I'm sorry for being so lazy guys lol

No Tricks, Only Treats

Well this year my treat has been crispy rolls. Not exclusive to this time of year but recently I've been throwing them back like nothing normal really nice with some teeaaaaa. I actually had a proper toffy apple in my hand but it looked shitty so I put it back.

Tricks Only, Thanks

Fake plastic spider hidden under something that is moved often like idk a bag. I actually got someone with a beanie snake once lol.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:04 am
s**t wait I was too late  

Anhelisk

Gilded Dragon

Scapanorhynchus

Skilled Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:07 pm
Autumn Decoration
1. Take a picture of autumn decoration and post it.

Halloween Decoration

Cool-Weather Wardrobe

Leaf Craft

Pie Time
1. Find and link a tasty looking pie recipe.

Fall Feasts

Autumn Delight

I love the way the leaves change color!

No Tricks, Only Treats

Tiny candy bars!

Tricks Only, Thanks

Rig a ketchup bottle to squirt string instead of ketchup!

Events

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games