Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
I got teh dumbest chainletter the other day

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

~Fashionably~Challanged~

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:23 pm
I got a "Prayer Rug" that said al I had to do was pray for whatever I wanter, including material possesions. Then I had to send it back so someone else could use it. And all this while, I could have sworne that god didn't help with the material world beyond what was absolutly nessecary.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:09 pm
(I unlocked the topic. I assume it was Sangu who locked it but nevermind, just give a reason in the future when you lock things. You can also move them to the subforum, or leave them here and I'll move em or unlock em.
While it may not be an incredibly in-depth topic, it's still an okay topic to leave open.

EDIT- In the future though, and this is just a general thing for everyone to keep in mind, try to put more into a topic. Give more to discuss. We don't want to end up with a flood of short topics that die with 3 or 4 short replies.)

I usually just get freaky chainletters about how you're going to die.
What would be the point of having a 'Prayer Rug' sent to you? I could understand if it was some feel good optimistic thing, but it's basically trying to get you to pretend that you can make God bend to your will. Is the internet now more powerful than God? o.o

Actually, I still have a chain letter that I got on aim because Adium saves everything in a logviewer. >.>
This was the entire IM the other person sent. I think the chainletter is supposed to be another IM.

Our nation's future n sum damn fine typin skillz
narcoticpolice: if you and your man is talking for a month or more and one day he come out and say he luv you and you just say it back. Then when you by your self thinking to your self why he say he luv me like that. 1. luv is an easy thing to do 2. luv is something you tell to everyone 3. luv is hard to let go so why should i let you go. send this to every one in your massager so that i can keep luving you like i do
narcoticpolice: as my gurl and as a best friend luv i'll always luv you until its the end of my luv
narcoticpolice: Tie : WHEN U ALREADY START READING THIS DONT STOP OR ELSE SUMTHIN BAD WILL

HAPPEN ..... MY NAME IS SUMMER...I AM 15 YEARS OLD WITH BLONDE HAIR AND

SCARY EYES. I HAVE NO NOSE OR EARS. I AM DEAD. IF U DO NOT SEND THIS TO

15PPL IN THE NEXT 5 MIN., I WILL APPEAR TONIGHT BY YOUR BED WITH A

KNIFE AND KILL YOU. THIS IS NO JOKE SOMETHING GOOD WILL HAPPEN TO U TONIGHT

AT 10:22. SOMEONE WILL CALL U OR TALK TO U ONLINE AND SAY I LOVE U
chunlired: Suuuure

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

iviary

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:15 pm
c a u s t i c
(I unlocked the topic. I assume it was Sangu who locked it but nevermind, just give a reason in the future when you lock things. You can also move them to the subforum, or leave them here and I'll move em or unlock em.
While it may not be an incredibly in-depth topic, it's still an okay topic to leave open.)

What would be the point of having a 'Prayer Rug' sent to you? I could understand if it was some feel good optimistic thing, but it's basically trying to get you to pretend that you can make God bend to your will. Is the internet now more powerful than God? o.o

Actually, I still have a chain letter that I got on aim because Adium saves everything in a logviewer. >.>
This was the entire IM the other person sent. I think the chainletter is supposed to be another IM.

narcoticpolice: if you and your man is talking for a month or more and one day he come out and say he luv you and you just say it back. Then when you by your self thinking to your self why he say he luv me like that. 1. luv is an easy thing to do 2. luv is something you tell to everyone 3. luv is hard to let go so why should i let you go. send this to every one in your massager so that i can keep luving you like i do
narcoticpolice: as my gurl and as a best friend luv i'll always luv you until its the end of my luv
narcoticpolice: Tie : WHEN U ALREADY START READING THIS DONT STOP OR ELSE SUMTHIN BAD WILL

Oh no! Not scary eyes!!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:55 pm
c a u s t i c
While it may not be an incredibly in-depth topic, it's still an okay topic to leave open.

EDIT- In the future though, and this is just a general thing for everyone to keep in mind, try to put more into a topic. Give more to discuss. We don't want to end up with a flood of short topics that die with 3 or 4 short replies.)

My eyes! Ahhh!  

Phoebos

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 9:04 pm
Perhaps Sanguvixen's initial locking of this topic was prophetic.
I understand the post is funny, but we don't really need alot of spam sorta stuff about it either. o.x And that's more of a head's up for those who reply after this.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:28 pm
If I even suspect an e-mail of being a chain letter, I delete with giving it another look. mad  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

~Fashionably~Challanged~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:50 pm
Acually, it was in the mail, and it came with a piece of paper with gods face on it and everything. Yeah, it's the worst when they tell you that if you don't mail it you get some bad side effect.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:08 pm
katthevamp1
Acually, it was in the mail, and it came with a piece of paper with gods face on it and everything. Yeah, it's the worst when they tell you that if you don't mail it you get some bad side effect.

Wait...they mailed an actual letter to your house? Ho-lee s**t. That's kind of creepy.  

Dathu

Newbie Noob

Dande_Lion

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:13 pm
Chain letters did pre-date the Internet, you know.

But what do you, my fellow atheists do, when someone in your family insists on emailing you all these hokey internet forwards that are full of holes and bullshitty? I don't want to offend my family members, and it's hard to tell before I open them what they will be, but I'm sick of reading about some supposed USC professor who dropped a piece of chalk and it didn't break, blah-blah, ran from the room, college student converts dozens of fellow-students, blah-blah?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:03 am
Oh my God, I got the exact same thing. They sent me two letters. eek I just got a magic marker and drew on Jesus' face to make him look like Groucho Marx on the prayer rug, and then I sent it back. xd Yes...I know I'm immature. gonk On your prayer rug, did it say to look into the eyes of Jesus and they will open? lol I believe it came from some chruch in the Midwest. I'm usually respectful about that kind of thing, but when they send me a damn chainletter and expect me to send it back with money, I get pissed. I also put little side notes beside everything in really bad handwriting.

For example, when they asked me if I wanted to be saved, I wrote "BYE SUPPERMAN?!?!?!?"

Orson Welles

Orson Welles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:11 am
Dathu
katthevamp1

Wait...they mailed an actual letter to your house? Ho-lee s**t. That's kind of creepy.
It was pretty creepy, but I must say that I had some fun vandalizing everything they sent and sending it back to them. Luckily, I don't have my address on any of the things, so I'll be fine. 3nodding  
The Main Discussion Place

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games