Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:25 pm
Name: Rique
Nameday: 3575.01.26
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Straight | Demi
Craft: Harper (Artist: Scenic painter)
Physical Description: He looks as if he spends most of his time outdoors, copper skin lightly freckled at the bridge of his nose and shoulders while the high points of his face are tinged pink almost indefinitely. The hair on his head is a dark brown, carrying undertones of red when the light hits it just right. It hangs below his ears in loose waves, thick like his mother's. His eyebrows follow in suit, full and prominent, while the rest of his features look rather defined despite his age. In fact, it's *because* of his age that he almost appears to have no fat on his body.

Segueing from there, physically he is a lanky looking boy with unexpected strength. This, he gets from his father. He also got his father's height, a measly 5'7'' on a good day. He hopes he'll grow taller soon, but like... it's been weeks since his 16th turn.
Personality: The quiet, brooding type, Rique is the epitome of angsty teenager. He is distrusting of strangers and can be combative when provoked. In public he's only as polite as he needs to be, more so when his mother is present, and efficient with his social etiquette overall. Most of what people see/receive is a hurried teen perpetually annoyed by something. He has a hot-temper, but it reads visibly before anything is vocalized. He is opinionated and not afraid to speak his mind. He just won't often want to exert the effort to do so.

While out and about in the world, he is on auto-pilot. He works through his apprenticeship to help maintain the home. But he is not completely satisfied with the way things are, and that frustrates him. He takes it out on his mother, an easy target to lash out on (not physically, just... angst.) It almost feels like he is meant to be doing something else. As if he is wasting his time sitting around painting murals. But he cannot for the life of him pinpoint what that 'something' is.

Rique has an inner-circle of friends and family who experience a more relaxed, engaging, mischief-loving kid. What normal 16 year olds feel, he feels, but it's reserved for special individuals. Vulnerability is not his strong suit.

He is an incredibly loyal and sensitive soul who simply lacks a healthy relationship with his emotions. Don't bother asking him to put his feelings into words, he would rather shovel s**t with his hands than face those wounds.

He has his fathers determination and drive to see through any cause he backs. More importantly he inherited his father's familial loyalty.

He is afraid of failure. He is afraid of dying before he's done anything of worth.

As with most of his emotions, Rique is torn between being mesmerized by dragons, (secretly) desperate to become a rider (to be everything his dad wanted him to be, FOR his dad) and hating them. Misplacing blame, as you do.

After his father's death, he's been more willing to engage in spontaneous acts of mischief and mayhem, when egged on by others. And because of this, his favored and most reliable defense is to stay on the offense. To be everything the world thinks he is, and as a result hide everything he is afraid to shed the light of truth upon.
Positive Trait List -- Loyal, brave, determined
Negative Trait List -- Dismissive, distrusting, selfish
History: Born in Whitecliff Weyrhold, moved to the Western Weyr. His parents gave birth to him at the ages of 19 and 21. His mother is a brilliant artist, well known within the community for her charm and talent while his father was a militant man who devoted his life to his work.

When the pregnancy was announced, his father (who was in consideration) opted out of candidacy in favor of a more stable family life. Or, at the very least, one that would keep him at home more than it did away. Be it fate or destiny or whatever you want to call it, he ended up bonding with a Wher and settling for a position amongst the Watch Whers instead, unable to resist the call to arms and as a result unable to truly uphold his desire for familial stability. He would always remain bitter about his choices for the rest of his life, up until his untimely death. It would always be an emotion that rivaled his undying love of being a father and husband.

Meanwhile, Rique took his father's work ethic as a personal attack. Although he could never argue his father's love and loyalty to family, he questioned the man's commitment. Assuming the role of 'masculine' head to the household, as was the way of his family structure, Rique spent most of his youth tending to the things his father would have otherwise been responsible for, if you know... he wasn't gone 24/7 tending to his Wher or working. He took up an unofficial apprenticeship with his mother, aspiring for a role with the artisans but... honestly... just looking to make money and to make his mother's life easier.

The catch was always that, when his father was home, the man was entirely present and shared all the adventures/shenanigans with Rique. His father doted upon him and his mother, and made him curious about the world beyond their home. He became incredibly curious about riders and dragons, as those were his father's favorite topics, and for as much as he might have 'hated' the man for being distant, he was also wildly inspired by him.

Upon his father's death, Rique's mother was inconsolable (and very much pregnant with her second child) while Rique went numb, before burying the pain entirely.

His father, at this point, has been gone for a year.

Rique has very few friends, most of which he wouldn't exactly call 'friends' so much as they are 'acquaintances'. One boy, Oxyl, has been with him since infancy and their bond is a strong brotherly sort. They tend to get into trouble together, but are also extremely supportive of one another. It's confusing. Rique would likely trust Oxyl with all his FeElInGs, if he could just get past his own pride.

Other:

-Ox, the best BFF boy, will be put up for adoption if Rique get's approved! I wants this friendship to be actualized pls.

Candidate Specific Questions
Do you want them to have an official Search RP? Yes
Do you understand they will age every passing year regardless if you're there to RP the or not? Yes
Do you want them to have a possible Stands Impression? No  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:04 am
Hello Shia! I don't know how long you've been part of the shop, but I haven't "met" you before myself, so welcome to EoP! smile I'm here to help you get your candidate approved in time for baby dragons!

Name: The first thing about your character that we need to tweak is his name. Real life names don't fit into our shop canon. It's possible to use a real name as inspiration, though! For example, something like Enrik, or even Rique would work.

Craft: He'd be a Harper with Artist specialization as a painter of any type. Smithcraft is for jobs like planning buildings, or crafting items like metal tools or jewelry.

Other: All of the information under Other, aside from the adoption note, would be good to put up under his personality section. Things under the personality section are the most important/most considered when potentially matching a character with a baby dragon!

If you could please make these corrections and then update your thread title to show (Ready!) again, someone will re-review him ASAP and see if we can get him approved! smile  

Teiha

Shia bean

Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:53 am
Hello, I am new, thank you for the welcome! <3 I am very excited to be here! I haven't tinkered in this 'world' in years, so... I AM SO ROUGH. Thanks to Medzy for pulling me through haha

I LOVED the name suggestion, so I changed it to Rique. Thank you for that! And thank you for all of the guidance with everything else. I believe I've changed everything as requested.

If there's anything left to tweak, I can take care of it! biggrin ~  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:50 pm
I'm the best at this. Changed the title as well.  

Shia bean

Prophet

Teiha

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 4:34 pm
Approved!  
Approved Characters

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items