Welcome to Gaia! ::

PeeGee

Back to Guilds

We're a fun discussion guild, full of nice members, contests, and weirdos! 

Tags: Friends, Role playing, contests, quest, debate 

Reply Welcome to PG - The best guild around! =O
hi!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

halbstarke

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:31 am
I'm new to this guild and gaia in general!
I go by halb or halbstarke, nice to meet you :]] heart

Not sure where i wanted to go with this lol but uhhhhhhhhhh
I originally joined this guild because the debate tag sounded funny and upon viewing, it was as i expected. A whole lotta brain rot lol
but it made me realize what a terrifying decade it was for lgbtq folk..
At first it was silly, i guess? seeing post after post about straight ppl nit pick the tiniest things queer folk can and cannot do but there's something inherently unnerving about the fact that people ACTUALLY thought like that just a couple years ago. Not to mention how many posts there are about it......

I guess my hope is that since so many years have passed since then, this guild and it's mods are different? lol
This doesn't seem to be the most active place on earth but I hope that for what it is, you all will try to build a comfortable space that every person can enjoy :]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:37 am
If you want my insight on the situation, I'd suggest removing homophobic/transphobic/SWERF things from the debate forum as a whole..
imo, keeping them there (especially with no one posting anything recent to cover it up) is like walking around with a billboard on your shoulder that reads; "I support homophobes", in big flashing lights

As someone that is queer identifying, I can tell you it made me unhappy to see hateful topic after hateful topic with absolutely no humility.  

halbstarke

Welcome to PG - The best guild around! =O

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff