Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply โ—„ ๆ™‚โ•‘๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ โ†ฌ แด€สŸแด›แด‡ส€ษดแด€แด›แด‡ แด›ษชแดแด‡สŸษชษดแด‡ แด„แด€ษดแดษด ส€แด˜
Notes on Paper

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:47 pm
User Image
Title: Bonds
Information: Call it friendship, call it camaraderie, call it a legal obligation. The nurturing of relationships is one of the most fruitful types of narrative. Helping a friend out in a kitchen, helping keep their business alive, being there for them after a bad break up, building new friendships...building new rivals...building new nemesis's. Confronting those nemesis's and exchanging conflicting beliefs in fierce wholehearted heated debate and getting to know the other through their opposition on a new level.
Every paragraph made strengthening an existing relationship with an rpc, rewards XP equal to one's body rank plus [1], maximum . Those interacted with may also be considered to be running this narrative with you albeit their posts are separate from your own. The narrative is considered completed once the parties part ways for another day.

๐Ÿ”ฅ || Gurinbarฤ“-to: Imperial Capital | A Library

One of multiple libraries open to the public in the capital of the Fire Empire. This one, in particular, is known among scholarly circles even outside of the empire for having valuable and unique resources on the esoteric: hidden histories, rumored rituals, lost languages, ancient arts, and really complicated fuuinjutsu that make great case studies to name a few. The abundance of primary sources, all copies of the originals that are safely stowed away elsewhere, make this a heaven for dedicated scholars and researchers. However, the consequential lack of secondary sources makes gleaning knowledge from these ivory aisles a daunting task for those who merely dabble in the academic.

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2020 2:13 am
User ImageA slim figure stood alone amidst the silent shelves of the library, her green hair reflecting the mixture of artificial light from the ceiling and mid-afternoon sunlight from the tall windows that lined the walls of the building. Eyebrows furrowed tightly together, her single-minded concentration on the book she held open in her arms was easily exposed, the reflection of a page of esoteric symbols swimming in the scarlet hues of her eyes. However, even as focused as she stood now, completely absorbed in her book, a relaxed smile didn't fail to find its way to her face. Despite the difficulties this subject matter was so clearly giving her, she enjoyed studying it.

Lost in the book, her senses vaguely picked up on a tall, masculine build stopping near her. Then her peripherals caught sight of long, white hair and a familiar chin. Reacting automatically to these indicators, Kagerou greeted, "Oh hi, Sev. Found an interesting book?".

She flipped a page, and continued to remain oblivious to the rest of the world.

Then halfway through the second line of the page, she blinked and smoothly raised her head. "Severin? There's no way he's here. Plus, the chin is too low. Then...," with that same calm, her head turned, "Oops?". The green haired woman smiled up at her no doubt confused neighbor, ready to bashfully give an apology.

Whoever he was wore well-made clothes of fine quality, but nothing extravagant. Therefore, it wasn't until she saw his face that Kagerou's eyes widened in surprise over her ever-steady smile. "Big oops. This is the emperor."

[23 sentences]

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2020 10:47 pm
    User Image

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“

tab ๐™ผ ๐™ฐ ๐š‚ ๐™ฐ ๐™ท ๐™ธ ๐š ๐™พ tab ๐™ท ๐™ฐ ๐šƒ ๐™ฐ ๐™บ ๐™ด

ใ€Ž tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE
    time and again, in vain โ†— time and again, in vain โ†— time and again, in vain โ†— time and again, in vain
    NOW MY FEELINGS FOR YOU tab โ”ˆโ”ˆ tab EVERY TEAR tab โ”ˆโ”ˆ tab EVERY SMILE tab โ”ˆโ”ˆ tab PAID IN FULL tab ใ€

โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›

Yanked by his sleeve, the Emperor faltered on his heels for a moment and turned on his heel, one hand turned to press, palm down, on the wrist of the woman who had drawn his attention. His crimson eyes cast up to hers and he bore a smile as he gazed from her eyes, down to the subject of her studies. A chuckle of nostalgia upon his lips as he recalled his own time in study of the remedial tomes.

"Just beginning to learn Fuuinjutsu?" The Emperor asked, his hand outstretched to grasp a sheet of transcription paper, upon which he'd pen a seal, each stroke seemed incomplete, alone, small fragments, broken from one another but part of a larger array.

"A lot of symbols bear simple meanings, yet their simplicity is a single brick. No. A knot in a web. Strands tied together to build something, more." The Hatake said as he took the sheet and lain it over top of the page she held open.

"The initiation of the Seals Connection, with 16 rays and 7 sigils, it becomes instead the tagged seal for the Five Seal Barrier. As each tag for that Barrier relies on the Seals Connection as a silent basis to align the chakra network that allows the barrier to erect itself.

โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”“
    CHKRA :: 2,775 // 2,775 tab STMN :: 2,775 // 2,775 tab EXP :: 09,200 tab RYO :: 13,000
    โ”—โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”โ”›

[ More Info / Profile Here ! ]

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ M I S S I O N S โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

[ Mission Title Here ] - Mission Rank
            Mission description here, either copy-pasta'd or in first person
              โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ S T A T S + M I S C โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

Current Stats : :
            STRENGTH :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab SPEED :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab REFLEX :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab FORTITUDE :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab

Current Bonuses : :
            This is where bonuses from moves used go

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ P A S S I V E S โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ J U T S U - U S E D โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

HeadlessKoko
    GIVE THIS A PROPER NAME!
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2020 5:58 pm
User ImageWith an apology loaded on the tip of her tongue and hand hastily releasing the sleeve she had grabbed out of reflex, Kagerou was ready to bow and ask for forgiveness the first chance she was given. Instead, what happened is she saw an opportunity she would be hard pressed to find again. Her smile, at first polite yet distant, ready to hear out the emperor before quickly excusing herself so she wouldn't look like she was trying to curry favors, widened into a smile of revelation as she saw the symbols newly written interconnect with the worn and used symbols within the book. "There it is, so then if it's like that...," she thought with eyes gleaming. She had no time to spare on being embarrassed that the text she was reading was meant for beginners in the eyes of the old emperor.

Scarlet eyes darted across the page in a blur, devoting what they saw to memory, but at the same time, her excitement eased. When she raised her sights back up to the emperor, the woman also took two steps back and neatly closed the book in her hands, making sure not to crease the paper penned by the emperor. She smiled politely with all the composure and distance of official business. She gave a half body bow and greeted, "Many thanks for the lesson, Emperoror-dono. I deeply apologize for interrupting your activities."

In the end, however, Kagerou found that she couldn't simply relinquish this opportunity. "Good enough" wasn't something she'd accept for OASIS's defenses. "Better to ask than regret, the still uncertain kunoichi decided as she straightened up, "If he can't because he's busy, which I'm sure will happen, then it's for the better. If he is somehow able, then that's also for the better in a different way." Looking the emperor in the eye, the green-haired foreigner politely asked, "However, if you have some spare time, could I trouble you for further guidance on the layout and structure of defensive sealing arrays?".

[17 sentences]

Aidoneous

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2020 11:31 pm
    User Image

ใ€Ž tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE tab YOU GAVE ME THE CHANCE
    time and again, in vain โ†— time and again, in vain โ†— time and again, in vain โ†— time and again, in vain
    NOW MY FEELINGS FOR YOU tab โ”ˆโ”ˆ tab EVERY TEAR tab โ”ˆโ”ˆ tab EVERY SMILE tab โ”ˆโ”ˆ tab PAID IN FULL tab ใ€

"By all means, I feel I have nothing much but time lately. With the Eastern Reformation in the Land of Tea going ahead of Schedule and business in Yorokawa apace, I can relax. So, if a humble Emperor might ask? What exactly do you know of them, or is there a project you are working to keep sealed. Understanding the projected path will help me to teach." The Emperor said behind a wisened smile, the kind he wore when he taught as a Jounin in the Village Hidden in Leaves.

His posture shifted and he looked over the array she already had worked out and he had added to, in order to attempt a hazard of where her work was going.

CHKRA :: 2,775 // 2,775 tab STMN :: 2,775 // 2,775 tab EXP :: 09,200 tab RYO :: 13,000

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ M I S S I O N S โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ S T A T S + M I S C โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

STRENGTH :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab SPEED :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab REFLEX :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab FORTITUDE :: N/A [ + 0 ] tab

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ P A S S I V E S โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ J U T S U - U S E D โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

HeadlessKoko
    GIVE THIS A PROPER NAME!
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:41 pm
User ImageIn surprise, Kagerou's eyes opened up slightly at the emperor's ready agreement. Very soon after, she blinked several times in disbelief. He spoke humbly, exactly as he described himself, but there was no mistaking the elegance in his manners.

"So the rumors that he is a modest man of great means are true" Kagerou returned the emperor's wizened smile with her own undecided one. "But it's not like the stories that make up part of his fame are false, either." He smiled at her like a teacher indulging a student, but she did not want to forget that she spoke with a world leader.

Aware of his shift in posture, Kagerou understood and complied without a word, moving so that he could get a clearer view of her... mess.

Not in appearance. The inscriptions were written neatly, the connections were clear to see, and the notes were both concise and telling. However, all of that would only heighten a sealer of Masahiro's level to the mess Kagerou's attempt at an array was.

This girl... knew a lot, but didn't know how to put it together at all.

Her connections, in particular, were basic. They were little different from connecting two unaltered seals with a chain that would pull along one if another was pulled. The limitations imposed by her inability to flex and bend her seals as Masahiro had done earlier clearly took their toll on the extent of options Kagerou had with her seals connection. In fact, she had a note about that exact problem--"Seals Connection variants?"--from back when she thought all she needed was to find a different type of Seals Connection and then the thing she was trying to do with the Five Seal Barrier would magically work out. It was right next to the notes about "less rashomons" and "no chakra batteries." She was, by the way, failing spectacularly on both points: using rashomon as walls and connecting various fancy seals that would require a constant chakra source to operate properly.

"The project is a barrier that can protect a large area" Kagerou explained, eyes drifting over her own work as she thought, "but will also allow easy access for people who mean no threat. It's a civilian, not a military, facility, but the location is a bit... Well, it doesn't have village defenses to support it. I've studied every defense seal I could find, but I'm struggling in turning them into a static defense that will protect even when I'm not there. I knew I would need to connect seals, but... I was not aware of more things than I thought.

She shook her head, silently declaring her current work an irredeemable mess, but instead of turning over the paper and hiding her shame, Kagerou let it sit there. More important was the question that had been burning a hole in the head. "For instance, what you showed me before," the woman asked hesitantly, glancing out of the corner of her eye without even thinking about it to gauge the emperor's mood, "How did you know the seals could be modified in such a way? Aside from knowing of it exactly, are there any indicators or rules that can be followed in general?".

[31 sentences]

Aidoneous

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:48 pm
    User Image

"Form is conjecture. The writings we use to express fuuinjutsu are standardized to explain our understanding of the chakra network and channel their power into a conceived network with a set target goal. How did I know that the array would work the way it would? Because that is what that mathematical computation works it out to being when it is supplied with chakra." The Emperor replied with a matter-of-fact tone.

His left hand splayed the papers apart so he could show what he meant to Kagerou, while his right began to draw three smaller diagrams. Initially, a container jutsu, into which he placed a small ball. The same connection seal she had drawn out he then wrapped into the outer edges of the seal, and finally tied in the third seal, overtop of both, but where its lines remained distinguished.

After he etched these seals into the paper, he wrote them each separately. A copy of the folding/release seal, the seals connector, and the time seal.

He placed his hand upon the initial array and gave it a charge of chakra and walked around the table, that as he arrived the ball relinquished from the seal.

"Fuuinjutsu is just ninjutsu applied through mathematics at its core. We learn the lines and phrases to give it the form we need and jot them down, chant them, always in patterns, strokes, beats. It is unfathomable how simple the measure is. But we miss it constantly. I recognized seals connection, in the form you had begun to write it, as being endemic to the Five Seal Barrier. It is used to create the actual technique, in this case. As to their rules, they are largely fluid and formless, much as ninjutsu. Their nature is in the form we finalize them with, barrier, time constraint, container, so on, and so forth. Understanding what can be done comes through a manner of testing, and bridging the constant flux of the universe, and avoiding the collapse of portable holes within bags of holding." He said with a chuckle, maybe he shouldn't have left his teaching days behind him.

"But, you're looking to use... Rashomon gates and the Five Seal array, that is interesting. Are you using the standard, triple, or quintuple variation? I can see use of the double to create bulkheads." He said as his hand outstretched for another piece of paper.

"If you were to make at least two barriers, and place Rashomon gates at your cardinal directions, they could act as a bridge through the barrier. When one set of doors opens, it would let guests into the void between barriers. And if you were to place other defenses in that area, you'd certainly lock down your... What is this, a business?" Masahiro quipped, a bit of humour to break the serious contention as he thought out the strengths and weaknesses of this design.

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

HeadlessKoko
    GIVE THIS A BETTER NAME!
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:09 pm
User Image"Yes, a business," Kagerou answered politely without skipping a beat, even though her mind was still wrapping around what the emperor said about the form, or rather formlessness of seals. However, she wouldn't disappoint. She had notes written down on those difficult details, and the other pointers the emperor had given, in front of her.

Even as she answered the technical queries Masahiro had on her design, Kagerou continued to contemplate over these new, to her, findings. Smiling down at the paper, she laid out her logic, "I was thinking of Triple Rashomon. While it's only A-rank, I could combine it with a similarly powerful technique, like the Barrier Sealing, to increase the overall rank to S, and unlike Quintuple Rashomon, it isn't a guarded secret technique."

"I was thinking along the same lines about using the rashomon as the doorways," turning her eyes back up to the emperor, Kagerou explained, "Or rather, I guess you could say I was hoping to do so. The rashomons are gates, after all, but no matter what I did, I couldn't find a way to prevent their vacuum effect when opened." With a shake of her head, Kagerou looked back down at the blank paper. Despite recounting one of roadblocks she had encountered, she didn't look frustrated. Nope. She still smiling, bells ringing softly as she tapped a rhythm on her arm with her finger. When opened, the gates were more of an offense than a defense, which had been another obstacle in her attempts to create a way to enter without deactivating and then activating the technique.

Besides, there was no time to feel frustrated. What the emperor had said at the very beginning had stuck itself tenaciously to the young woman, and she found talking about that far more interesting than getting all mopey. From tapping her arm, the woman's slender fingers, a musician's fingers, descended to the table to tap on the notes she had just written. "Forgive me for being slow," Kagerou requested politely as she traced over one of the additions to the seal she had never seen before, "but earlier you said that fuuinjutsu is mathematics, which I agree with. It acquires the accurate use of specific symbols and lines to channel chakra into the desired form. One wrong mark can offset the entire calculation, so while it's possible to adjust it, it is generally unfavorable to do so. Despite this, you continued by comparing it to ninjutsu, in its flexibility and fluidity of all things. How is that so? If fuuinjutsu is math because it channels chakra through a set formula that will replicate results every time it is used, then ninjutsu is language. The words may be the same, but no two individuals will read it the exact same way, and it is open to the injection of different intonations and emotions within it. No two humans work the same way, yet the mind and body are sensitive enough to unconsciously make the adjustments needed to make chakra work, and from there, further variety and versatility can be born. Individuals can find their own unique paths to shaping their ninjutsu, and no two will be quite the same. There are so many variables to be accounted for that I'm curious to know how the rules that uphold fuuinjutsu could possibly reproduce such flexibility." Her hands lifted from tracing to grab the nearest pen so she could jot down some notes on the symbol set that had held her attention. She'd figured it out, or so she thought, the combination of rules that indicated how these two symbols were compatible with each other.

[28 sentences]

Aidoneous

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:25 pm
    User Image

"Ninjutsu is spoken language, essentially, yes. Whether internal of verbalized, it is brought forth and spewn forth in such a way that is palatable to each of us. Fuuinjutsu, however, the lines, form, and written signs can be altered as long as certain principles are met." The Emperor spoke, his hands settled to the table, where he began to draw Norse runic patterns, instead of the traditional Fuuin patterns.

Nothing connected the runes, but a constellation of lines would surround them after their initial placement. Once he finished the array, he touched the centre of it with a single finger and slowly raised his hand. A singular Rashomon gate appearing standing at a foot tall.

"Fuuin is understanding your core language, and putting it into form." He said as he flicked the door of the Rashomon harshly, which caused it to open and begin to flutter the papers on the desk.

"Contorting our abilities is another matter. You see, everything is adjustable, within a variable degree. The Rashomon responds to force by opening with the temperance seal. If you choose to let it open, however." He tapped the top of it kindly to reset it, then tapped it once more.

This time the doors opened with no turbulence.

"We set the rules when we create the construct, most of us only think of the first methodology we are explained with the technique. We don't think of written form as being variable, we think only in hard lines, not the subcontext, or the inherent doublespeak. We think of hard-written law and finality." He noted, a calm certainty to his voice.

"Though, even were we to ignore this, we could by linking the two gates, activate the gale of one, and opening of the other. But this would prevent the activated gateway we're hoping to achieve." He drew small lines on a secondary sheet, showing the bypass of the barriers.

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

HeadlessKoko
    GIVE THIS A BETTER NAME!
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:24 am
User ImageIn trying to understand, Kagerou listened motionlessly, smiling placidly down at the unfamiliar runes the emperor etched out. She did not make notes because this was a matter of her former notions reshaping to integrate the new information rather than a matter of remembering new information.

The more runes the emperor drew, the more Kagerou recognized the patterns that connected the language the runes stemmed from. "From the lands across the sea?" she noticed at some point. Wondered, really. She had seen them only once, within a book some eccentric traveler she had met on the road showed to her, but these shapes had echoes of the shapes she vaguely recalled. She couldn't be entirely sure of her hunch however, much less know what these runes meant. A guess as to why the emperor drew them was all she had.

From the runes, the pale fingers of the emperor stemmed further lines outwards. In her ignorance, she at first thought it was a part of how the language was written, but by the lines connected all of the runes together, she understood her first hunch had been correct. This was, though it used symbols of a language she was unaware of, a form of fuuinjutsu as well.

She raised her eyes at the rashomon the emperor summoned and then glanced quicker than a flash at the finely chiseled face she was still having a difficult time believing belonged to an elderly man. Of what little she had seen of this scholar, he was not the type to show off needlessly, so then she figured he must be using this to demonstrate. No matter the language, the same seals could be created with enough understanding of the principles.

He flicked open the gate and her eyes squinted as the wind rushed into it. Quick to keep her notes safe and with her, she pressed her hands upon the papers in front of her before they could be swallowed. The miniature rashomon may have been small and cute, but it was still a rashomon.

More lessons followed as the chibi-rasho, as Kagerou decided to nickname it just now, continued to vacuum in the air at its reduced force. She was still listening as the lesson proceeded, even if her eyes skimmed responsibly across the surface of the desk, hand occasionally shooting out then back in like a cat's paw to stop one thing or another from disappearing into the maws of the gate's abyss. By the time Masahiro closed the doors, she had slowly gathered a small pile of miscellaneous, mostly papers, beneath the hand she had kept still to use as a weight.

In the reprieve of the closed rashomon, Kagerou looked back at the gate to see what would happen next. If she understood what she was being taught correctly, then the emperor was about to disprove what she said about the rigidity of fuuinjutsu. She blinked as the rashomon reopened, but this time, no air was swallowed within it.

He attributed the rashomon's peaceful reopening as a rule set upon the creation of the construct, but she did not see Masahiro either alter the runes he wrote or make new ones. Her eyes lit up with realization, "Is this, then, the power of the difference in view?". Kagerou believed creation was at the time of writing the seal. Masahiro could see creation was at the time of activating the seal. To Kagerou, the inscriptions were like a mathematical formula, but Masahiro seemed to see them more like a musical score. She thought to herself, not daring to interrupt, "Channel chakra through the runes like you would the human body, with control and finesse, instead of letting the chakra run on automatic. Then, rather than a mathematical formula, fuuinjutsu becomes like a musical score. The symbols are set forth and to play it well, the given notes must be hit. However, technical perfection alone creates only a cold performance. More can be done. Every pitch and rhythm can be modulated to create a piece that truly fits the occasion."

Yes, she understood now, both what the emperor meant and why she struggled so much on this topic. As she squiggled a short music score upon her notes... Er... One of the papers she had collected. Truthfully, she had long since lost track of where her note paper was. After writing the alphabet song up to "G" (or "Baa Baa Black Sheep" up to "wool" or "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" up to "star"), the young woman nodded to show her understanding.

Though, despite being a good student, she didn't know what to add to the discussion. However, to be polite, she said what she could. "The gale of one and opening of another would be an interesting solution to long distance travel between two distant points. It would also be an entertaining defense against anyone who would try to force entry through the gates," Kagerou thought aloud, saying whatever came to mind and even showing an impish smile at the imaginary scenario of an intruder entering to only be shot out the other end, "But you are correct. We would need to show what you just demonstrated with the rashomon if we are to use the rashomon as actual entry points to the space within the barrier. This is made more complicated when I think about how there will be plenty of employees... Then again, it would only make sense that, a gate should have a key, or in this case, keys. That would probably need to be another fuuin. This time just one that people can channel their chakra through so that the gate would recognize to let them in peacefully."

[52 sentences]

Wolfe Whitehorn

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:44 pm
    User Image

"It is a simple enough seal to settle. And if you have an existing Rashoman whose seal wasn't designed with this instilled in it, then you can simply add unto its inscriptions." Masahiro said, a light in his eyes as he worked the table over, clearing away the lines on the workspace from the foreign tongue that had laid out the array he spawned the miniature rashomon in.

In their stead he began to write out a new miniaturization array to surround the seals. Then he lain the seal of Rashomon so that Kagerou may see it. The normal pattern was set and called upon, without the Emperor's attempt to pulse instructions or understanding to the gate, so that it would simply react as it was commonly understood.

"Now, if you have a gate that is already keyed to act one way. You can modify its directions by modifying your own work. You will effectively be refreshing the chakra network of the entire seal, but you'll be modifying it with a physical reminder to prevent any... What we call 'echoes' of the original chakra network. There is still a great amount we're learning, nothing is finite." He admitted as he took his pen and began to jot instructions around the edges of the gate, small juxtaposed seal enhancements akin to the seals connection, but without their open-ended nature.

"Once you have the new addition set, you simply place chakra into the network..." as he spoke his finger pressed on the new seal imprint and the network around the miniature Rashomon would glow a bright white for a moment before it faded down, "Now touch the top of the gate and you'll find it opens. As for keying the gate. There are a few methods. A preferable and invisible way would be to use Barrier Sealing, either afore or behind the gate, and connect it to your various keys so that they may unseal it, through a medium. I'd recommend using Scroll Communication on a tablet stone, or a scroll that needs to be in the vicinity of a gate to open with a proper password. Security. The barrier in front of the door means at someone has to break that before they can trigger the Rashomon. Behind it means no one can try to trick the gate open without a key. And if they try and use force, it will open outwards to suck them in."

He pondered a few moments at the overall conception, and how he could use it to better empower the barriers of the Capitol, alongside the new Generators arriving from Konoha.

"A more visually appealing method, and less on the nose, would be to use the Beast Sealing Technique. You'll need deep chakra storage to draw from, but you'll have more knowledge of comings and goings, and can even have the cost commuted over time through your personnel who carry these keys. Have a central storage pot, essentially, that feeds chakra to the system from their keys. An idea. Regardless. Beast Sealing will adorn the gates with chains, which will withdraw from the central point when the presence or activation of a key is present since seals connection can act to unseal the basis. Were one to know Masahiro, they could easily tell he had grown beside himself with excitement at the possibilities and ideation that had come forth from such a simple collaboration.

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ€ข Mission
              โ€ข Objectives
              โ€ข Completed
              โ€ข Go Here

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

โ†ณ
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข
            โ€ข

HeadlessKoko
    This is an acceptable name.
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:
    Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:06 pm
User ImageEver so attentively, the student quietly watched the master as he worked enthusiastically. At fitting points, she nodded as she absorbed herself in the lines drawn and explanations given. "The barrier method could work, but," and Kagerou prepared to offer an alternative. However, when she glanced in the direction of the emperor preliminary to saying anything, she decided to not. Eyes gleaming, a wide smile that felt oddly nostalgic, and fingers dashing across paper almost faster than the eye can see, no thought in moderation of one's shinobi's perks being had. She didn't need to know him to see that the man was on a roll, ideas figuratively flooding out of his eyes, and all Kagerou, who had none of that creative talent, would have added was a cheaper alternative to the barrier sealing method. What she had to say could definitely wait.

Her eyes returned to the paper as the emperor began explaining the barrier sealing method like some elementary schooler introducing their pet raccoon at show and tell. Only as it sounded like his ideas were beginning to taper away did Kagerou chime in, "What about the Iron Maiden Technique? For a village or city, the Iron Maiden Summoning can bring intruders straight to the authorities. Furthermore, because it is a summoning, the Iron Maiden will be affected by the Amplification Summoning Technique and can be further tampered with before being sealed away for use." She wasn't sure how helpful her suggestion would be, but she wanted to help.

Like the beast sealing technique, the Iron Maiden technique would require some sort of constantly present chakra source, and while the emperor's idea of a small chakra drain across a large number of individuals felt sound in theory, the medical shinobi wasn't keen on the idea herself. The melting pot of individuals with decent chakra reserves and individuals with almost none would require a level of micromanagement on a person-by-person basis that she wanted to shy away from with OASIS. However, a village like Konoha or a city like Gurinbare-to could certainly be able to afford such chakra costs.

"Of course, both techniques can be countered," the green haired kunoichi mused, "In that case, something subtle would be preferable to guarantee some information is gathered. A collaboration between the Door Guard, Whispering Walls, Emotional sense, and Kagura's Mind's Eye would be ideal, but also overkill and impractical to maintain tabs on if the gateway in question experiences a large quantity of foot traffic. Of course, with numbers, it's possible." Crossing her arms, the woman tilted her head to one side in thought, and though she smiled peacefully, a question nagged at the edges of her mind. An important detail that she couldn't quite remember, and so she asked, unabashed, "By the by, Emperor-dono, can you recall the duration of the door guard and whispering walls techniques? After how long will they need to be re-applied?".

[22 sentences]

โ–ฐ Barrier Sealing [ Kekkai Houin ] | Rank A
Creates a seal which manifest as a two dimensional shield. The shield will block one attack equal rank or below. The shield's dimensions may be as large as one hundred feet, although any size below is tolerable as well.

โ–ฐ Beast Sealing Technique [ Kemono Fuuin no Jutsu ] | Rank A
After creating the necessary seals, the seal formula which manifests as a hundred-foot wide seal rises up like chains and binds the target. If used on a summoning A-ranked and below then it disappears. If used on a Bijuu or a Summon S-ranked or above, it remains bound for up to five [5] posts before breaking free. In addition, the spending of an S-ranked amount of chakra will break the chains.

โ–ฐ Summoning: Iron Maiden [ Kuchiyose: Aian Meiden ] | Rank A | Universal
The user releases an object which manifest directly underneath the opponent. Iron trappings arise around the opponent in an attempt to capture them. As soon as the iron cat has closed, and full descended back into the ground, it will seal itself, and its contents, back into the scroll of its origin. Living entities are kept in stasis until released. Cost an S-ranked amount of chakra to break free from if captured.

โ–ฐ Whispering Walls [ Mitsugo Heki ] | Rank C
By touching the walls of a building, they will passively collect information for the user. Every time someone or something comes in contact with the walls, this technique will alert the user regardless of distance or time that has passed. However, the information gathered will be limited to 'weapon contact' or 'human contact' or 'other contact'.

โ–ฐ Door Guard [ Monko no Keibou ] | Rank C
By touching a door with this technique, the door becomes enchanted. Anyone who tries to walk through the door will be prevented from doing so unless they state their name. Whatever they state is reported to the user immediately regardless of distance or time passed. Silence is not accepted, nor quiet answers, though this technique cannot discern truth from lies and will simply recite the answer to the user.

โ–ฐ Emotional Sense [ Kanjล-tekina kankaku ] | Rank C
This technique exudes a fifty foot sphere of sensory around the user. Any strong emotions are detected immediately. This is especially useful during interrogations or diplomatic meetings. This jutsu can sense lies. It lasts for four posts per cast.

โ–ฐ Kagura Mind's Eye [ Kagura Shingan ] | Rank X [ Learned as B ]
User covers one eye. For each rank, the user can examine an additional thread. This reveals anything a naked human eye could witness, but with the benefit of being able to move into aerial positions and through building restrictions. If the user has doujutsu, they are able to perceive through their doujutsu's special abilities passively if they have any. At S+ rank, this can be used to view an entire subforum.

Wolfe Whitehorn

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
โ—„ ๆ™‚โ•‘๐“œ๐“ธ๐“ถ๐“ฎ๐“ท๐“ฝ๐“ผ ๐“ฒ๐“ท ๐“ฃ๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“ฎ โ†ฌ แด€สŸแด›แด‡ส€ษดแด€แด›แด‡ แด›ษชแดแด‡สŸษชษดแด‡ แด„แด€ษดแดษด ส€แด˜

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games