Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Revolution

Back to Guilds

A literate and semi-literate Naruto-based role playing guild. Active in 2024! 

Tags: Naruto, Roleplay, Boruto, Shinobi, Ninja 

Reply ◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ
🎤 | Rap Up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:05 pm
                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
                      "Have you been putting off your responsibilities again?" Momma Uchiha fixed him with a look that kept him frozen to the spot for just a heartbeat before he adjusted. He actually hadn't been slacking on his responsibilities, and laughed nervously at the question.

"I've been really good, momma! I helped this old lady get some errands done and I helped her do some paperwork with the academy in order to get her grandson excused for an event from his classes and my teacher was there and he saw and he gave me kudos. He said I was doing my genin duties-" Kai left out the fact that the teacher had said 'for once' afterwards - "and he was very happy to see that. The old lady gave me a butterscotch, too!" He puffed out his chest dramatically after recounting the mission, recalling it as a D-rank credit.
                      [ Helping the Elderly | D-Rank ]

She didn't look very convinced. 'I also helped out with the academy students. The teacher was running late and they needed to do some target practice so I helped them get the equipment they needed and then I also set up the targets for them. I set up one really really high like this high and I challenged them to get it but they couldn't and they said it was impossible so of course I had to show them that it wasn't but I missed my first kunai throw. But I got the second one! Even though I missed the first one, I think they were impressed and I didn't have to burn that bridge when I get to it, ya know.
                      [ Academy Assistance | D-Rank ]

"They said that there was supposed to be chakra control training as well so I helped them with that, too. They each held out their kunais and I had to explain chakra expulsion to them but its kind of a weird thing like more of an instinct - see how I can do it and I can alternate which fingers have chakra on them? - but I managed to help the one student who was struggling a lot bring it to her hand. It was really unfocused but that's okay because it takes a lot of time to get it ready and she saw how good my focused chakra was and it was like birds of a feather!" He still remembered her awed face when she summoned her chakra to a specific area.

"I remember one of the kids said they also had to do handseal practice because ya know it takes a lot of time to learn how to make them right and then form them quickly but correctly too. Like, I ran them through the same drills I did but they didn't like having to repeat the seal names. But that's important! Look - ram - snake - dog - tiger - dragon - see?" He showed his mom the different hand seals, slowly bending his fingers appropriately.

"One of the kids wanted to argue with me about one of the seals but they were mixing two of them up! That's so dangerous. Trying to perform a jutsu without correct hand seals is bad because you'll just waste your chakra and it can even blow up in your face. Seals - chakra - intention; those are the three important parts to jutsu arts. I guess intention is sometimes called focus but my teach said I didn't have any so I've used intention ever since!

"The teacher came in at that point, one I never had but he seemed grateful that I was around and he asked me to help with the lesson. I explained what we'd already done but he wanted them to have a moving target. So I jumped around the academy - yes momma, it was totally safe! My reflexes are way faster than any kunai they can throw - and they threw kunai at me. One of them, the small boy, was really sneaky and managed to charge his with some chakra but it was easy to catch between my fingers - he had a pretty good aim for my belly while I was mid-air!" He grinned brilliantly.

"The teacher then helped me demonstrate dodging by spitting senbon at me. I was actually really surprised because the senbon seemed to come from his stomach or something. I can't imagine eating senbon. But yeah, I totally dodged them and at one point had to deflect the senbon with a kunai which really impressed the students like they actually gasped at how fast I reacted and that was crazy cool. He let me watch the students practice dodging each others' senbon throws that they picked up from the ground where I'd been!" He laughed.

"Can you believe how helpful I was? I thought I was done, and honestly I did want to write some lines after my experience, but the teacher really appreciated me being there. I was energetic and relatable to the students, he said, and he let me do some hand-to-hand drills. I didn't even need cushions for my palms as the kids took turns punching at my hands because I had good enough chakra control to protect myself. It was really cool to watch them pratice strikes though.

"It was really basic taijutsu but he let them alternate with kicks which I had to react to and of course it wasn't really a problem since I'm more experienced then they are but they were still really good. That one little boy kept trying to infuse chakra in his strikes when teach wasn't looking and it was kinda funny. He was definitely sneaky but he was also really good for his age. I was impressed even though he couldn't hurt me or anything with his chakra-infused strikes. I told him his chakra would need a little more control because his intensity was good.

"The kid asked me to tutor him on the side and I told him that I probably totally could after class if I got to have some time to write. Momma, don't look at me like that! It's really important. But yeah, he seemed really excited and so was I and when I asked the teacher when class would be over, the kid surprised me with a low kick and he tripped me but I caught myself quickly. It was really cool but also not something the students were supposed to cover so the teacher went to scold him but I told the teacher it was a good thing to see that kind of initiative or something and he said that if I was up to it, we could train judo drills and I totally was up for it.

"The teacher took over my place with the little boy so I helped the others work on their trips and grabs and taught them about the motion of the body. I helped them with rhythm by reminding them to count when they kicked and punched and to use that same rhythm when fighting to see the rhythm of their opponent. They practiced this fighting sense on me and I telegraphed really obviously to make it clear to them before I made a move and it helped them predict me. They used that prediction to use my motion to direct me into a hold or a trip or a grab.

"They were pretty good and it made me wish that some young genin had been helping my academy class because it was really stiff and boring when I was there. But things went really well and the kids got a lot of well-rounded practice. The teacher said I was free to return any time to help out. That was really cool of him and I said I would totally take him up on it around my scheduled tasks and stuff. So yeah I was totally doing my shinobi work, just some of it wasn't what was asked of me like, initially, though the teacher signed off on it for me." He looked to his mom expectantly after the long winded story.

She relented. "As long as you're not getting into trouble." "Definitely not! The little kid and I are gonna do some training later this week so I can tutor him in some moves. After the academy stuff, I meant to get some writing in, but I was walking by the supply store with all the fancy parchment and it had like this ugly paint stuff on it. I asked the owner about it and he said it had happened during his lunch break, so I grabbed a sponge and mop from him and offered to help clean it up while he ran the store - its my favorite place to get writing pens that don't run dry or too wet."
                      [ Graffiti Clean-Up | D-Rank ]

He gesticulated broadly as he talked. "It took a really long time to start seeing a difference. I don't know what that paint is made of - or what any paint is made of - but it was not responding well. I only managed to make it look faded, to be honest. But it was a bit of an improvement for the hard-to-read words on the side of his store, so the owner was really happy."

"No, momma, I didn't leave it like that. One of my old classmates was actually around and I asked her to help with it and she used some suiton technique to really blast the wall hard. I applied soap and she helped me blast it off and we told the owner and he was super happy and gave me some bubblegum. Oh! I still haven't gotten to write yet. Can I do that now, momma?" She ruffled his hair gently and gave the go-ahead.

15 D-Rank Missions // 150 XP, 1500 Ryo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:29 pm
                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image
                      Nausea was caused by more than just air-manipulating ninja. Kai leaned over the desk as he finished reviewing the medical notes about vertigo and nausea. It was interesting that the mind reacted so poorly to overstimulation and unpredictable movement, and it was equally interesting how this effect could be emulated in poison. Kai finished shaking the test tube filled with his first poison. [1]

He inspected it closely. It wasn't super potent, but it was transparent. This was advantageous for obvious reasons but it wasn't the kind of thing people would intentional overdose not. He had another copy of the same base creation in the test tube that still rested on the table. To that tube, he added a floral element that turned the liquid more orange in color and gave it an earthy aroma. [2]

He put the clear test tube down beside the orange liquid and secured his face mask on better. It would be best to not be taken out by his own creations. He then held the clear test tube in his hand and cautiously applied chakra to his palm in the same manner he did to create spontaneous fire. The heat warmed the liquid until it bubbled and released steam-like gas, surprisingly stable in its new form until the gas evaporated in a nearly harmless way. [3]

He put the nearly-empty test tube down. Onto his second experiment. He took the orange gas and did the same thing. It bubbled more aggressively than the first had. It didn't take the heat very well, but its violent eruption made a gaseous bubble that lasted far longer than the other had. Even though the color made this one more obvious, it didn't dissipate as quickly as the first, so it served a value on its own. [4]

He knew was safe due to his own medical expertise, so he didn't sweat combining the remaining liquid of each test tube together into a separate beaker. The liquids did not initially coagulate, disappointing Kai. He hadn't thought the chemicals would be so incongruent, but the mixture was at least visually appealing. He could tell the potential shared potency was negated by the lack of chemical combination occurring in the heterogenous mixture. [5]

He held the beaker in one hand and started to warm his palm. The heat created the predictable bubbles in the liquid. Then, the liquids began to meld together like he had hoped. It became a light orange, almost like a sunset gradient before it settled into a more solid and homogeneous mixture. The new liquid would inflict greater nausea, though he had to apply far more heat than before to get a gaseous response. [6]

[ 6 A-rank missions / 3 for master / 3 for grandmaster / -1 post for other titles ]

Having finished his poison project, Kai moved onto fixing the problem. If he couldn't create antidotes, understanding poison was pointless. He worked from scratch to create a compound that could counteract the nauseating effects of the clear liquid. The pill was fact-acting and neutralized the toxic liquid when they made contact. [1]

He had a good foundation for creating a solution to the orange liquid. He used a similar compound mixture to the first pill but had to utilize something new for the floral element of the orange liquid. This involved the use of an anti-allergy component, which would help stem the internal reaction to the floral element of the poison. This created a pill that also reacted quickly, though it could make the patient's nose run afterwards. [2]

Gaseous poisons required different solutions. He returned to the formula for his first pill but it wasn't fast-acting enough for inhalants. He mashed it up and crafted it into a liquid. The first attempt was too watered down, but the second made an antidote that seemed to address every side-effect of the poison. He tried to forget about the failed first attempt. [3]

He based the orange gas's antidote off of the first liquid antidote instead of the orange pill, and this created a faster result. His issue was with liquid translation and not with counteracting effects, so he was pleased to have a faster return on his investment, so to speak. It still took a lot of note-referencing in order to master the antidote to the coagulated gas of the orange-ish poison, but at least his very initial attempt was workable. Still, the second attempt was as perfect as it could be; he just needed to work on speed. [4]

[ 4 A-rank missions / 2 for master / 2 for grandmaster / -1 post for other titles ]

Title: [6] Veteran's New Poisons
                      Impact: Local
                      Information: Shinobi mission - created liquid and gaseous poison inflicting nausea
                      Reward: 1,800 XP / 4,200 Ryo

Title: [4] Veteran's New Antidotes
                      Information: Shinobi mission - created pills and liquid antidotes healing nausea
                      Reward: 1,200 XP / 2,800 Ryo

ghostfinch

Seeker

ghostfinch

Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:00 pm
                  User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image
                  Quote:

KAI UCHIHA

User Image
                      The kitsune infestation was terrorizing the neighborhood. It was easy for the spirits to hide near the playground and jump parents while they were busy with their kids. It was just as easy for Kai to fight their fire with fire after directing them away from civilians. "You're better off leaving," he warned as a kitsune charged him. He hit it so hard with the hilt of his katana in the mouth that a jagged tooth fell to the ground. [1]

He neatly dodged out of the way of twin kitsunes coming at him with fiery claws. He whipped out a kunai and tossed it at the one to his left as he pursued the right spirit. "I don't know why we have to go through this song and dance," he said with an exaggerated shrug, "but I'll always perform!" He spewed fireballs at the next creature coming his way. He cringed at the sight of singed hair that decorated the spirit's angry visage. [2]

He flickered away from one of them, narrowly avoiding sharp teeth. Yikes. He didn't think he'd make a very tasty dish. "Triple Kai-o is here to deliver," Kai charmed the creature as he held the back of a kunai to his mouth like a microphone. He began to rap, spinning a tale of a hero who defeated the evil dragon that coveted the castle. As he performed, he imbued his words with chakra to create a painful illustration in the world around them, beginning with fireball fireworks. [3]

He began to describe the dragon as he rapped into the kunai-mic. Senbon moved around him like spikes and he made sure to apply to poison to them, the Blight serum. It was his most toxic concoction. As he reached the bridge of his song, the poisoned senbon fell on the kitsune. They moved slower and seemed weaker as they tried to coordinate against him. He continued to whack at them with his right sword-wielding hand as he kept the kunai-mic close to his mouth with his dominant left hand, knocking jagged teeth out of several of them. [4]

A la finale, his song reached a fever pitch as he described the castle that the dragon coveted. Bulk pockets of fuuton chakra appeared around him before being shot out at the sickly kitsune. They struggled to dodge. It was a lot like bowling, those wind pockets pushing them over with ease. Wind-whipped and singed, the kitsune were coughing and plenty unhappy. [5]

He had better things to do than bully creatures, but he also knew kitsune communicated. He needed them to tell others to stay out of the neighborhood. He let his Blight do his work as he pocketed the kunai-mic, allowing himself to focus on defensive measures with his katana held conservatively. However, the kitsune were sluggish in their movements and he didn't need much effort to fend them off. This served another purpose - as he finally got to see his labored brew come to fruition on the kitsune that began collapsing at his feet. [6]

The kitsune were covered in orange bubbling growths. It looked uncomfortable. The growths were continuing to spread and grow larger and one of them had even gotten to a popping point. It oozed something bright orange. He kneeled down to the one closest to him and saw that it seemed unconscious. He put his hand gently in the spirit's mouth to pull a loose tooth out formally. [7]

He inspected it needlessly. The kitsune were pretty uniform in physiology. He had no idea how tamers told them apart if they fought creatures with one of the same. But it wasn't his problem. He pulled a few strands of singed hair from the kitsune and grabbed the leftover spoils over the battlefield. [8]

He scratched a nail against one of the jagged teeth to test its durability. It didn't leave a mark on the tooth so he grinned. He wasn't sure where beast crafter would fit on his resume as a rapper but he would have to make it fit somehow. He barely re-holstered his katana before something exploded by his foot and forced him to jump away. His gaze followed its logical direction to find a single kitsune. [9]

The creature seemed to grow in size and it intimidated Kai for only a moment before he recalled that these were tricksters by trade. There was also no record of kitsune being able to use size manipulation. He freed himself from the genjutsu in time to see the kitsune in reality. The creature had his jaw wide open to bite at the ninja's face, but Kai punched it with a fire-charged fist so it hit the ground with its lights knocked out. [10]

Title: [10] Kitsune Pack
                      Information: Career Mission
                      Reward: 3,000 XP / 8,000 Ryo

◄ 時║𝓜𝓸𝓶𝓮𝓷𝓽𝓼 𝓲𝓷 𝓣𝓲𝓶𝓮 ↬ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴄᴀɴᴏɴ ʀᴘ

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out