Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Ask Ms. Knit sticky

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:53 pm
I was thinking about making a sticky called ask Ms. Knit. It would be were one of the expirenced knitters in the guild would answer questions about knitting for those who aren't so expirenced. The problem is that would any one be willing to do it?? What do you guys think??  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:46 am
I'd volunteer to help answer questions about knitting and crocheting. It's what I do at work all day. *grin* I really love doing it too.  

Catcheen
Crew

AccentualWolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 3:28 pm
That would be great!! Now all that has be done is ask if a sticky could be made. Yeah!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:21 pm
Well I guess since we have a Ms. Knit we can make the stickey.

I was thinking that our chosen Ms. Knitt (I guess that should be you Catcheen) should create a thread then PM. me when it is done to get it stickied. OR we could have more than one Ms. Knitt so AccentualWolf or myself could create the thread and simply introduce the multiple Ms. Knits and explain the idea of the thread.

Let me know how you want to do it.  

I be me
Vice Captain

Catcheen
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:31 pm
I'm pretty ambivalent. *grin* I'll do pretty much anything that everyone else thinks would work best.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:38 pm
Shouldn't that just go into the tutorial thread?
I was thinking of posting a swatch-type pattern and some tips for beginners. It basicly goes over casting on, knitting, purling, and binding off. Then I think a beginner should practice ribbing on another swatch. What do you guys think?  

Something to Replace

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:09 am
As someone who has NO clue how to knit I'd love any of this to be made. I've been looking at it more and more as less of something my Grandma couldn't even do (but she couldn't even hand sew... she was an odd little woman) to something that I could definitely learn. And now I want to learn! heart  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games