Gaian

200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:19 pm
Warninglv100
EDIT:
Found it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I love that.

That is one of the worst tattoos I have ever seen stressed the lines are terrible, no good artist would ever make half a persons body blue or red, the tribal doesn't fit the body its on! terrible!!! Awful!!! HORRENDOUS!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:12 pm
I'm not too big on cartoonish tattoos. They look kinda crappy.
Name tattoos are okay, as long as the person has passed. g/f b/f or spouse names are totally stupid.
Tribal is okay, as long as it's done well.
I really don't like frogs or bugs. But if it has a real meaning to it then ok.

I really like flowers (but only with vines) and wings of some sort. (Planning in getting some!!!)

Crystal Farms Cheese

Angel de Lys

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:25 pm
Wooow...I read this entire thread and it looks like I fall into a bad category with some of you as I have my husband's name tattooed on a banner alongside my own, hovering over a sacred heart. But I don't wanna get too much into that, let's just say I don't want to wait until my husband is dead to honour him in a tattoo xd

Anywho, to each their own. I believe if you don't wanna get a name, don't, and if you do, then it's up to you to be the judge as to wheather or not it is a wise choice. For my personal situation, it was a no-brainer, as was the angel tattoo and name-birthdate banner honouring my son below it, completing the composition. That tattoo is a manifestation of the family my husband and I created and put into this world through love.

As for what tattooes I dislike, I can really say there are only 2 things that bother me...

1. Poor art.
2. Fads for the sake of getting something because it's popular, and getting cultrural symbolism (such as asian text) when it has no personal meaning to you/you don't understand it.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:36 am
I don't particularly like it, though that does kinda look like a sketch and not the actual tattoo. The body is badly done, but the face was done rather perfectly, um, still not a fan, but chya, haha.  

Edible Lingerie!

RavenPiper

Hilarious Humorist

7,275 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 10:28 am
It's sad when you hate your own tattoo. The first one I got is so messed up that you cant look at it up close. It looks fine far away though...I hate it and its going to cost me a lot to get it covered over.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:25 pm
I seriously hate cliche tattoos: Nautical stars, sparrows, that flaming heart with wings and a keyhole that a lot of chicks get right in the middle of their chest, the person's own name or initials, and a bunch more that I'm too tired to think of right now.

I also severely dislike when people COVER themselves in tribal tattoos if they're pastey as ******** and not part of a native culture where those tattoos are used in any way. Ick.  

queertastrophy

Teh Caity

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:36 pm
The guy who's doing my tattoo has a really funny tattoo of a stick figure.
Apparently his ex wife drew it on a napkin and then said "Look I should be a tattoo artist" so the next day, he took the napkin into a shop and got it tattoo'd on his arm. Then she left him and took his daughter, so he went back and got 3 bullet holes tattoo'd into the stick figures head.

I don't like tribal tattoo's and I hate people who get the tramp stamp (especially if it's a heart with a tribal design coming off the sides... it spells cheap whore if you ask me)
I'm getting flowers but not a conventional flower. I'm getting 2 calla lilies up my side and they have meaning, not just because they're pretty...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:29 am
&&&||tried to save a place for my cuts and my scratches.||tried to overcome my complications and my catches.||
|| nothing ever grows and the sun doesn't shine all day... ||&&&

I really don't like portrait tattoos. They usually come out looking distorted and kinda creepy. The whole getting your own name tattooed on you I don't like either, it just strikes me as pointless. I really, really don't like lip or tongue tattoos.

THIS is one of the worst tattoos I've ever seen.

No comment o___O
&&&||...tried to save myself, but myself keeps slipping away. ||

Killu Killaya

Yeran

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:17 am
Killu Killaya
&&&||tried to save a place for my cuts and my scratches.||tried to overcome my complications and my catches.||

I really don't like portrait tattoos. They usually come out looking distorted and kinda creepy. The whole getting your own name tattooed on you I don't like either, it just strikes me as pointless. I really, really don't like lip or tongue tattoos.

No comment o___O

eek
I... That is the most obscene thing I think I've seen in... in ages.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:15 am
Yeran
Killu Killaya

No comment o___O

eek
I... That is the most obscene thing I think I've seen in... in ages.

I've seen one WAY better than that one.
I could draw THAT!
And I suck at drawing stick figures.....

Shawk Theruhpee

Jiylian

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 9:31 am
I'm really not fond of skull tattoos. I just think they're ugly, particuarly if a girl gets one.

And I dislike most sleeve designs because it looks crowded and altogether bawdy. It's an eye sore, really.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:27 am
C r i p t i k a
I'm really not fond of skull tattoos. I just think they're ugly, particuarly if a girl gets one.

I'm picky about skulls. I hate the cartoon-y style that a lot of them are done in, mostly since I'm very interested in human anatomy, and I get nit-picky.

I plan on having a skull design done, because I'm in love with the shapes and angles formed by a male human skull--it's so beautiful. Especially under the right light when shadows cast across the eye sockets and zygomatic bones... [/anatomy freak tangent]  

queertastrophy

8bit Girls Bravo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:00 pm
Haha, it seems like I'm in the minority here, but I actually really like floral tattoos when they're done well, especially when they're based off botanical illustrations. (... Like mine.)

The only tattoos I dislike are poorly-done ones. When well done and on the right person, almost anything can sway me (even "tramp stamps" and, yes, tribal), but poorly-done art doesn't look good on anyone.

Portrait tattoos usually creep me out a little bit though. Even when the artist doing them is awesomazing, they just look a little... weird.  
Tattoos

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff