Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Oh, lucky find!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:51 am
Just now, while walking my dog, I noticed a sparkle in the road. It turned out to be flat glass marbles, all scattered. Somebody must've thrown them out into the pile of tree limbs the local maintenance people are cutting. Since Coco was impatient, I quickly scooped up a handful and returned home. That's about one afternoon of free glass marbles to decoupage! ^_^

Run into any little unexpected boons lately?  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 1:11 pm
That is a lucky find smile Glad you were in the right place at the right time.  

Bookwyrme

onnawaffle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:24 pm
Well it's sorta related...

I was trying to pick out a magazine to buy to make magnets out of and I decided to get EGM. It's got one of my favorite comics (Hsu and Chan) in it plus lots of game pictures that would be perfect for magnets for my boyfriend/brother/best friend/etc. I bought one but at EB I found two that I didn't have so I figured I'd go nuts and buy them too. Turns out they were on the toss list so I got them for free. whee

YAY!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 4:36 pm
i went through my old closet at my parents' house last weekend. i found a bunch of random findings and a ton of intriguing beads. mrgreen  

blessed.into.extinction

I be me
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:23 pm
awesome  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:52 pm
My dad had a friend that he did a lot of remodeling for. He and his wife took care of his mother-in-law, who was in a wheelchair. A couple of years ago, she passed away. I was the only knitter/crochet she knew, so I inherited most of her pattern books and TWO HUGE BLACK TRASH BAGS FULL of yarn. I was sad that she died (she was a very nice woman), but I about went into a craft coma at all that yarn.  

LadyAnubis

ryoaie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:52 pm
one day I went to my boyfriend's house for dinner

his mom was thinking about having a garage sale. When my boyfriend and his bestfriend went out into the yard, the kind lady showed me all the things she was going to regret getting rid of.

she had a lot of old shirts from the 50's and big bows. She gave me most of the ancient fabric and we got together and made a quilt

biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 8:35 am
that's cool that you got together and made a quilt...I like quilts but my mom has bad arthritis so she can't join me in the creation of one...it's cool that you can bond with your boyfriends mom that way.  

atticus_blackwolf

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff