Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
HHGG trivia Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:24 pm
Er... a good few beers, Elvis's spaceship, and he got Elvis to do a request, I think. And a couple of breadrolls. [Mastercard parody]
6 Beers: 18 Altarian dollars
2 Breadrolls: 6 Altarian dollars
Elvis's pink spaceship: Enough money to buy Belgium
A tip for Elvis: Enough money to buy Switzerland
Discovering the King lives: Priceless
There are some things in life you can't buy, for everything else, there's Dine-O-Charge Card (which is the wrong name, I bet.) [/Mastercard parody]

In the movie, how come Ford decided to save Arthur from dying with all the other humans? Bonus points if you can tell me why that reason is more-or-less impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:31 pm
He was repaying a favor. Because 15 years prior to Earth being demolished, when Ford first arrived. He thought that cars were the higher lifeforms and was trying to make friends. Arthur did the cliche dive-n-save-yet-probably-broke-some-ribs move and saved his life.

So Ford returned the favor and saved Arthur's life.

Not sure why that's impossible though. Cuz I'm stupid like that. and Sick. so I'm trying to fight off a cold whilst battling a sore throat which is making it very painful to swallow.

My question:

According to the book, going through hyperspace is unpleasantly like what?

(If my answer to the previous poster's question is wrong, then disregard my question, same for if this question has already been asked)  

Whip It Out!

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:11 pm
I'm not too sure if that was the answer Gyakuten no Megami was looking for, but it was right, so I'll answer this question.

Unpleasantly like being drunk.
What's so unpleasant about being drunk?
Ask a glass of water.

New question: How many mothers does Ford Prefect share with Zaphod Beeblebrox?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 7:03 pm
Ford and Zaphod share three of the same mothers.

My copy of the Guide is currently in a box beneath a bunch of other boxes at the moment (cause I'm moving) so I can't think of a question right now. Someone else ask one.  

Tinnumir

Clockwork Sun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:09 am
What is Zaphod's middle name?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:40 pm
To Tenshi: the whole Ford-tries-to-shake-hands-with-car-and-Arthur-saves-his-hide thing was impossible 'cos Arthur would've had to be 15 years old at that point. He obviously wasn't, and if he had met some 30-ish guy trying to befriend a car when he was a teenager, it would probably strike him as odd that Ford doesn't seem to age much. And get well soon, Tenshi, by the way. It's odd, but I have a bit of a cold too. Haven't the least idea what Zaphod's middle name is, I think that's from the radio series, right? Someone else can answer that one.  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:17 pm
Gyakuten no Megami
It's odd, but I have a bit of a cold too.
eek So do I. And a sore throat. It's awful. xp

Hmmm... I don't know what Zaphod's middle name is, either. I could look it up, but that would be cheating.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:25 pm
wingnut the improbable
Gyakuten no Megami

Hmmm... I don't know what Zaphod's middle name is, either. I could look it up, but that would be cheating.

I tried looking it up and acheived nothing but the next few trivia questions that I'll ask.

I also realized that in the dedications at the beginning of HHGG, he says "For Johhny Brock and Clare Gorst and all other Arlingtonians for tea, sympathy, and a sofa"

Brock is my last name =)

I feel special

Yet still confused as to what the hell Zaphod's middle name is.

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, you know?  

Whip It Out!

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:34 pm
TenshiDarkAngel
wingnut the improbable
Gyakuten no Megami

I tried looking it up and acheived nothing but the next few trivia questions that I'll ask.

I also realized that in the dedications at the beginning of HHGG, he says "For Johhny Brock and Clare Gorst and all other Arlingtonians for tea, sympathy, and a sofa"

Brock is my last name =)

I feel special

Yet still confused as to what the hell Zaphod's middle name is.

Vell, Zaphod's just zis guy, you know?

It's probably a quote from Zaphod himself, like "Cool is my middle name!" or something...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:02 pm
wingnut the improbable
It's probably a quote from Zaphod himself, like "Cool is my middle name!" or something...
No kidding. xp

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200

Daska

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 5:35 pm
Aika Artemis
Daska
Oh was it Switzerland? If not ingore this question. In the radio series who did Marvin say crawled into his ankle and died?

A rat... his first friend. whee
Thats right biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:09 pm
*performs an arcane ritual to bring thread back from the dead involving an extra-large marshmallow, a glass animal, and a toilet paper tube, plus large amounts of rope*
Okay, new question! Who founded the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy?
(No, no, not the series, the thing Ford works for, or sometimes tries to basically avoid working for)

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games