Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Upshot - Want/Need some actual conversation? <---Go this way.
Does Abortion = Lower Crime Rate?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:42 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:56 pm
It's probably one of those cases where a person's preference determines exactly what the data says. If they agree with abortion, then it sounds reasonable that it works to lower the crime rates. But those against it would claim that the stats are unrelated or insignificant.

Instead of 'discuss'.. you should ask everyone to 'argue'. whee  

Nostrumus
Vice Captain

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:04 pm
Nostrumus
It's probably one of those cases where a person's preference determines exactly what the data says. If they agree with abortion, then it sounds reasonable that it works to lower the crime rates. But those against it would claim that the stats are unrelated or insignificant.

Instead of 'discuss'.. you should ask everyone to 'argue'. whee

*pretends she's Chairman Kaga*

AYEZ ARGOO!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:15 am
So the first post is pretty much asking
"If children are born unwanted, they usually grow up to be wrongdoers and such. Does this mean that the abortions being illegal will reduce the crime rate?"

Eye dee kay.

User Image

`Rai

Lamki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 3:40 pm
User Image
.::I was actullay just studying this in Social Studies. We were talking about the one child policy in China and how there are becoming to be more guys then girls. They are saying that this is causing the crime rate to go up. But thats in China::.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 10:13 pm
i can't really say that the causal effect of non-aborted babies committing crimes is solely based on the fact that they were allowed to be born

thats pretty far gone for me...it also seems somewhat stereotypical to find that people who have abortions are somehow more likely to raise criminals, and how do they know who the children are who would have been aborted pregnos and are now apparently committing these crimes?

i haven't realy read any of that study, maybe I should and maybe I'll get my answers, but until i actually read their finding, i ain't buyin' it  

Dandean

Tsunamimom

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 8:51 pm
Does that mean that the prisons are full of people who were actually unwanted, unplanned pregnancies themselves? I think the crime rate is lower because they are putting more people in prison - the penal system is overloaded and can't cope. More prisoners - less criminals outside.
Just another viewpoint...  
The Upshot - Want/Need some actual conversation? <---Go this way.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games