Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
What are some different art styles, &how can they be done...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:06 pm
In programs like Photoshop, and IllustratorCS2? *My two personal favorites*

Example: Cel shaded, and the high resolution anime styles, and some of the more modern pop art *like 2 tone shanding, and such*

Also, does anyone have a style they're fond of? And tutorials of how to do that sort of shading? *this applies to photos, as well as drawings*  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:41 am
Is this mostly concerned with CG'ing? (No Photomanip? ): )

Anyways, for tutorials, there are effing millions over in DeviantArt. No joke. For whatever little part you need help with, they probably have it. Usually they're concerned with the more high resolution styled stuff, but for CG'ing I think I jisuk from DA had a cel-shaded-ish tutorial but it was for Freehand. : Whatever it is I'm sure it's there haha.

Myself, since I'm not big into the whole CG'ing bizz, am more fond of the more elongated figures and the coloring of len-yan@DA. It's gorgeous. ♥ Not fond of cel-shading, since I vector people rather than anime, so I've already got my hands full haha.

Rinny Star

Newbie Gaian

350 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:42 pm
Rinny Star
Is this mostly concerned with CG'ing? (No Photomanip? ): )

Anyways, for tutorials, there are effing millions over in DeviantArt. No joke. For whatever little part you need help with, they probably have it. Usually they're concerned with the more high resolution styled stuff, but for CG'ing I think I jisuk from DA had a cel-shaded-ish tutorial but it was for Freehand. : Whatever it is I'm sure it's there haha.

Myself, since I'm not big into the whole CG'ing bizz, am more fond of the more elongated figures and the coloring of len-yan@DA. It's gorgeous. ♥ Not fond of cel-shading, since I vector people rather than anime, so I've already got my hands full haha.

Ahh, well Photimanipulating also interests me. *always tries to add that for the final affects on most commissions*

What are some favored Photomanipulation methods? *i've always wanted to try Sin City style coloring myself*  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 1:25 pm
BLENDS!!! With paint shop pro X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(use the eraser tool)  

candee-addict

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces