Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Legal Action Against Your Local Stitch 'n b***h Groups? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CassieConnors11

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 9:04 am
I am getting so sick of stuff like this. Like someone said earlier celeberties trademarking words. Am I the only one who thinks that is dumb. Now someone is forceing people to change the name of a culb/s that have been around since the 60's. If nobody else copyrighted it or trademarked it or whatever its called...doesn't it make sense that you shouldn't either. I think after so many years a phrase like that could become public domain. Maybe I am wrong but it kinda sounds like that to me.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:17 pm
meh, the world is stupid. Idoits abound and the few sane people can't do anything about it  

Trekkette

AngwyMallard

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:01 pm
That's about why I like living outside the states. I've never ever heard of and wouldn't imagine something like that happening in Finland - especially when our archaic word for a stitch and b***h group sounds about as smexy as "sewing association". biggrin
But it's silly, really - people should be able to call their little hobby groups whatever they want unless it leaps out of public decency. I say darn the greedy jerks and go on as usual. ninja

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:27 pm
A boycott against copyright? That's hot.

(Getitgetit!!? Cuz' Paris Hilton copyrighted the phrase "that's hot." biggrin That's funny; I'm funny.)  

YoursTruly_SissyBoi

sakurachan61123

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 4:59 pm
I have always thought this: people in America are greedy, capitalist, pigs. They do it to get money and to have control over something. It's like that stupid bia and the McDonald's coffee thing. She sued a company for something that was common sense. She sued them from dumping coffee on herself and it didn't have a "caution: contents may be hot" label on it.

The other thing I have to say is: What are we gonna do about this?  
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 5:01 pm
CassieConnors11
I am getting so sick of stuff like this. Like someone said earlier celeberties trademarking words. Am I the only one who thinks that is dumb. Now someone is forceing people to change the name of a culb/s that have been around since the 60's. If nobody else copyrighted it or trademarked it or whatever its called...doesn't it make sense that you shouldn't either. I think after so many years a phrase like that could become public domain. Maybe I am wrong but it kinda sounds like that to me.

I think this crap is dumb as well. There are people who were telling me that if I said something like "you're fired" I had to give the person who had that trademarked/copywritten one dollar. There was another one I don't rememer, BUT I feel that things like that are a violation of my first ammendment.  

sakurachan61123

Craftin'

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces