Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Polls Project
She levels up. (*Business college grad, this past Friday).

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

10g
  Rawk.
View Results

MissTaliszanna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:22 am
Current mood: ..peaceful
Entry tags: ..change, graduation, metamorphosis

My business college grad was on Friday. I felt like I graduated for the first time in my life.

Highschool grad was an achievement. I had worked hard for it, for 6 years. I was glad to be able to put on that gown, the hat, receive my diploma. But I felt out-of-place, too, because most everyone else in my class were people I didn't really know all that well, and who knew each other really well... I felt invisible. The only two whom I graduated and with whom I shared a bond were my recent ex-boyfriend (my heart, at that time, still a bit sore), and a classmate I'd had since grade 6--Shawn... I spent my time, though the ceremony, wishing that I had been able to get through my schooling a few years previous. I didn't attend the dinner with the rest of my class, either. I opted, instead, to share a dinner with my bestfriend, in the restaurant of the hotel where the ceremony had taken place.

I'd had regrets. I remember just being glad to be out, finally.

This time, it was very celebratory--and I was excited. I could honestly share in the feeling with those around me. No one ignored anyone else, even though nearly everyone there had little idea of my name or who I was, (having been in different cycles and courses). In fact, the woman behind me, as we lined up in preparation for the stage, made a point of speaking to me about an opening, at her workplace, for a transcriptionist. She was so friendly that I wished we had had an opportunity to get to know one another earlier. She just remembered my typing speed. I will remember laughing with her and feeling a sense of kinship in the moment before coming into my own, profesionally.

I was very surprised, upon first receiving my diploma case, at the head of the night, to see written inside on the most important piece of parchment "with Honours". I had no idea, and could never have hoped to achieve so much at my secondary school graduation... It was an extra pleasure to cross the stage, hug each of my instructors, and say "Thank you."

There will be photos to share in a future entry. For now, I enjoy a bouquet, of white roses and croci... the reflections upon so many fantastic changes and realisations... the comfort of being so near to other great changes... finally knowing where I belong in society. It is pride, and a new level of maturity... It feels warm inside... It is confidence. Peace.

Wow... How much has changed in a matter of days. Spiritual alchemy... metamorphosis.

Ritual is absolutely valuable in a modern context.

Big buckin' chicken, yo.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:25 pm
Congratulations!

[Mariko]
Crew

DarquePinkPaper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:37 pm
Wow, big massive congrats and huggles! =D
*huggles*

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2006 1:43 am
Thanks, ladies, it was awesome.

:sigh: I guess I have to throw out my flowers now... It's been 2 weeks. But they were so lovely.

Only 2 replies. Hm. Not too busy these days in here...  

MissTaliszanna

The Polls Project

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff